April [FINAL]

Station

Baekhyun does not see Kyungsoo for months. He's not at the station every morning like he used to, and the other male was worried. They may be strangers, but Baekhyun can't help it.
He tried other ways to find the tattooed male, but nothing worked. Every morning, he would just wait at the station. Alone.
It was dark. Baekhyun got out of his part-time job late, and he needs to catch the last bus.
As he ran to the station, he sees a man, wearing a simple jacket, black shirt and jeans, partnered with some walking shoes. Squinting, he realizes it was Kyungsoo, with a backpack slung around his shoulder, smoking, like he used to. To his shock, he doesn't realize he had stopped in front of the other.
"Hey, Baekhyun." The other greets as he spews out smoke like an old train. His grin was pretty, and it matched his tattoos and piercings. Baekhyun realizes he had been holding a breath. Quietly, he stands beside Kyungsoo.
"You disappeared for months."
"Yeah."
"Why?"
Kyungsoo goes quiet. Baekhyun stares at him. "You've gone quiet again."
"I had some.. Issues."

Baekhyun was frustrated, for some reason. 'I was worried, you !' He wanted to yell, but he doesn't.
Kyungsoo doesn't know if it's the night's effect, but he starts to talk, "A few months ago, I waited here, stupidly, without any warm clothes."
"Yeah, I remember that."
"I fought with my boyfriend."
Baekhyun pockets his hands inside his jeans. Kyungsoo continues, "I'm a vocalist of a band, we have gigs at night until morning. I go home around 4 am. He was the lead guitarist, Chanyeol. We were passionate about music. We write songs, we sing, together with Yixing, Sehun, and Chen, our band mates."
"I was a music major, like you. I met Chanyeol in the university. He was this music genius that could do anything- write, sing, play instruments. I am really proud of him, but, when he told me that night that he would be going away to be a producer at a company.. I snapped. It was a petty fight, actually. I stormed off pretty quickly and I just realized I was cold when you came."
A long drag from the cigarette. A slow puff of smoke. Baekhyun watches as Kyungsoo pauses for a bit.
"The day after that, I tried to apologize to him. I realized how ed up what I did was. He wouldn't talk to me. My band mates can't even look at me. I didn't know why. So I confronted Sehun, the bassist. He said they were going to the company with Chanyeol. And I was the only one who isn't. Those guys, they had talent. I was happy for them, really. That was fine with me."
Baekhyun doesn't point out the bitterness in Kyungsoo's voice and continues to listen quietly.
"I just hated that they felt guilty. And that they pity me." Kyungsoo snorts.

 "I was fine. But Chanyeol still won't talk to me. I thought he needed time. So I left him alone. I realized that I shouldn't have when I saw him crying against another man's shoulder in the bar we had gigs in. I never have been jealous, but I saw how that man touched him, comforted him. I just- my vision went red, you know? Before I realized what i was doing, the man was already crumpling on the floor, and Chanyeol was beside him, while Sehun and Yixing was restraining me."
"Chanyeol was angry. He said he didn't want to see me. I just got angrier, said stupid things, especially when I knew that man with him was from that company, that Kim Jongin. I was just so angry, you know?"
This time, Kyungsoo laughs a little. "We broke up. I was a total head, I know. I felt more worthless when I heard Chanyeol was dating Kim Jongin after a few weeks. I didn't know I was that easy to be replaced. 8 years of being together, ended in just a snap. I blamed myself. I was selfish and impulsive, an insensitive prick. Meanwhile, I learned, Kim Jongin.. He was everything I never was. No wonder Chanyeol liked him. So I let him go." The cigarette between his lips was replaced by a new one, and he takes another long drag.

"Why did you let him go?" Baekhyun asks quietly, looking at Kyungsoo beside him, as the other takes a long drag from his cigarette. The man looked nothing like he is in daylight as he was bathed in darkness- the shadow casting over his face actually making his face look softer, sadder. He looks lonely.
Kyungsoo only laughs again, sputtering out white puffs of glittering clouds into the chilly air, but it doesn't sound genuine.
"I let him go because I love him," Was the answer. "He needed more than I could offer, he wanted more than I could offer. But that's all of it. I already gave him all of it. It's not that he can't get satisfied, it's just that I can't give him what he wants. And it's my fault that I wasn't enough. I wasn't enough for him."
Baekhyun continues to stare at him. Kyungsoo drops the cigarette to the ground, standing up and stepping on it as he pockets his hands inside his jacket.
"You'll never understand, though." Kyungsoo adds as he starts to walk away.
"Yeah.. I never will.." Baekhyun mumbles to himself.