September

Station

Baekhyun walks to the station with an umbrella over his head. The man was still there, as usual. He was smoking. As usual.
As Baekhyun folds his umbrella closed, he can't help but glance at him, still clad in leather. He can't stop shivering, though. His hair seemed wet.
Wordlessly, Baekhyun takes one of his folded towelettes out, and hands it to him.
The other looked startled, but he chuckles a bit as he takes it.
"Do I look that bad?"
"N-No, it's just.. You're going to get sick if you don't dry yourself up.." Baekhyun answers quietly and the man quickly uses the towelette to dry his hair. His eyes looked red. Baekhyun does not ask why.
The man still shivers as he takes a long drag, exhaling smoke. Baekhyun notices something shiny on the other's lower lip. A piercing?
"Thanks." The other says, and Baekhyun nods. There's not much people today. Probably because of the weather.
"Still studying?"
"Yeah.."
"I'm Kyungsoo."
Baekhyun's eyes widen, surprised. But he replies, "Baekhyun."
The bus arrives. Kyungsoo throws his cigarette on the damp street, stepping on it as he pockets his hands inside his leather jacket, smiling at him.
"Well, good morning, Baekhyun. Have a good day."
The other walks towards the bus. Baekhyun looks at the sign. He's taking a different bus today..
"U-Uh, thank you, Kyungsoo-ssi.." His voice gets drowned in the loud wind, and he isn't sure if Kyungsoo hears it as he hops in.
Baekhyun remains waiting, umbrella in hand.
Kyungsoo does not appear in the station the next day. Baekhyun figures out that he got sick. He waits in the station alone.

***

The day after that, Kyungsoo was there. Baekhyun shoves him a cup of warm ginger tea from the nearby convenient store.
"What's this?"
"You got sick, didn't you?"
Kyungsoo takes the paper cup. "Thanks."
Baekhyun nods, somewhat satisfied. Kyungsoo gulps down the tea quickly.
"I wasn't in the right mind to run under the rain the other day. I looked stupid."
"You just looked cold." Baekhyun says, pocketing his hands. It was still cold. He took a seat near Kyungsoo. Close, but not that close.
"You look cold too." The man says. Baekhyun shakes his head.
"It's just my hands."
"Are you a music major? Piano?"
Baekhyun looks startled. "How did you know?"
Kyungsoo makes a small grin.
"You got pretty long fingers."
Baekhyun blushed. Honestly, he doesn't know what to think of the compliment.
"U-Uh.. Thanks?"
Kyungsoo crushes the paper cup and lights up another cigarette. They wait.