-6-

hush • baekhyun x chanyeol
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

Baekhyun woke up. He finally fell asleep after tossing half the night. When he got up his whole body ached as if he had slept on a bed of rocks. He groaned and went to his tiny kitchen, filled up the kettle, and put a spoon of instant coffee into a mug. He added milk and boiling water and took it to the window. He might not have a deck or the ocean but he could still look out onto his neighbourhood and find snippets of beauty in the city.

He was still reeling from his conversation with Jessica last night. He suddenly remembered to look for his phone. It was still off. He found it in the bed under the pillow and turned it on. He had a few missed calls from Jessica and a couple of Instagram notifications. And a text message from Chanyeol.

today 12:07am

from: heartattackpcy

heard about your breakup. here if you need me

How did he know? And so soon? Obviously as soon as he finished his conversation with Jessica she went straight to Tiffany. Baekhyun opened his instagram and had to laugh when he saw Chaneyeol's comment on his picture. The whole internet knew he had a strawberry stuck to his head. Touché Mr Park. Well played.

He drank the rest of his instant coffee and wondered what he was going to do with his Sunday. He decided it would be a good idea to go and see if Minsoek wanted company or some time off. He opened the cafè on Sunday mornings but usually closed early if it wasn't busy. And it never was.

 

 

Baekhyun rummaged in his room, looking for something appropriate for either work or hanging out at the coffee shop. He picked up his shorts from yesterday and suddenly remembered the cheque. He retrieved it from the pocket, he couldn't lose it, it was his buffer against homelessness. He pulled it out and unfolded it and sank onto the bed in shock. He had asked for $350 for the painting and this was a cheque for $3500. He thought it was a mistake, Chanyeol must have had too much wine, put on an extra zero by mistake. But he turned it over and read the note on the back.

'A gift in return for the gift you have given me. Even this doesn't feel like enough. Please accept it.'

Baekhyun knew he wasn't talking about the sakura. He felt hot all over. Why? Why was this man, who he had only just met, so kind and generous? Why did he feel like he owed Baekhyun something?

He grabbed his phone. His hands were shaking. He didn't know how to respond.

today 8:10am

to:heartattackpcy

how did you know about my break up? and thank you. for yesterday and for the cheque.

 

 

today 8:39am

from:heartattackpcy

tiffany came here last night. and your ex was on the phone to her as soon as you dumped her. small world. and you're welcome

Baekhyun cringed. It was a small world. He imagined Chanyeol's girlfriend relaying all the details of their

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter