-21-

hush • baekhyun x chanyeol
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

 

Minseok felt awkward just carrying something so personal. He handed it over to Chanyeol who looked like he could fall asleep at any moment. Handing over the gift seemed to breath a last gasp of life into his empty shell. "Thank you. Please take care of him." Chanyeol said as he walked out of the cafe.

 

Chanyeol had to get out of there. The cloying sweet scents of the cafe that once felt comforting now felt oppressive. He gasped for fresh air outside but he couldn't enough in. He felt like he was drowning. He needed the park. He lugged the canvas over to the place where it all began. The place where he felt like his life began. He sat on the grass under the bare branches of the Sakura. He carefully drew back the brown paper to reveal...

Himself?

He was stunned. It was beautiful. It was his face, painted in the fiery passion of red and pink and black. The colours were strong and angry and fierce. But as strong as the colours were, the brush were gentle and loving, and the details were finely crafted.

Is this how he sees me?

What have I done?

I need to see him

 

 

Now

 

 

Chanyeol ran to his car with the canvas under his arm. He placed it on the backseat and climbed into the drivers seat. His head spun and swam as he started the engine. It wasn't far to Baekhyun's apartment. He hoped he would make it. His eyes struggled to maintain focus as his whole body shook. He shouldn't be driving and he knew it. But he had to get there.

He was almost there when he out. He the world disappeared and came back into focus quickly but he still scared himself. He pulled his car over into the nearest space on the side of the road and got out. He would have to walk. If he could.

His legs didn't want to move but Chanyeol used every single ounce of willpower he possessed. He forced one in front of the other until he finally reached Baekhyun's apartment. As he rode the elevator he welcomed the momentary rest. He sank heavily against the side, wanting to sit, knowing he might not get back up. He closed his eyes and tried to ignore the pain in his body. The doors opened and he once again had to will himself to move.

His knocking was futile. He knew Baekhyun wasn't there. If Baekhyun was hiding in his apartment from Chanyeol, ignoring his thunderous knocks, Chanyeol would know. His heart would tell him.

His chest was silent.

As he sank to the floor, defeated and dejected, he felt like giving in. He had enough. The pain was too great. His body was broken, his mind was tortured and his heart was locked in an eternal unbreakable hush.

But Chanyeol got up to move. He felt like he was underwater. Reality had left his mind, he panted and gasped for air but it couldn't satisfy him, his stomach knotted and threatened to empty itself. He did the only thing he could think of to keep moving out of the building. He grabbed his phone out of his pocket and tears streamed down his cheeks at the sight of beautiful, glowing, ethereal Baekhyun smiling at him from his lock screen. He endured the elevator and finally ran out of the building into the sunset air. Gasping for breath, broken and utterly exhausted, his Baekhyun was nowhere to be found. It was too much. As Chanyeol headed across the road to his car everything went black.

 

 

 

 

 

Minseok felt drained as he arrived home. He wanted to support Baekhyun but this was so exhausting. No wonder he drinks. Minseok could do with one himself. He let himself into the apartment to find Baekhyun showered and dressed and eating his beloved cup ramen. "You look better." Minseok knew the improvement would be fleeting. "Yeah." Baekhyun stared off into the distance at something Minseok could never see. "I was going to go for a walk but this was as far as I got."

 

 

Minseok really didn't want to do it but he had to. He put his hand on Baekhyun's arm and spoke softly. "Baek. He came." The touch of colour that had returned drained from Baekhyun's face. "How was he?" Minseok shook his head. "Terrible. Sick. Pale. He looked really bad Baekhyun." Baekhyun began to shake but Minseok continued. "He took the painting.  He didn't open it in front of me. And he gave you this." Minseok pushed the USB across the table. Baekhyun stared at it before searching for Minseok's laptop. "Do you want to be alone?" Minseok asked. "No. I can't be. Please stay." Baekhyun's eyes pleaded as he plugged the stick into the laptop. It only contained one file. "Baekhyun's Song."

Chanyeol's deep honey voice filled the apartment. Every lyric stabbed Baekhyun in the heart. Silent tears rolled down his cheeks as he endured the beautiful pain of his song. M

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter