-5-

hush • baekhyun x chanyeol
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

Baekhyun laid in his bed staring at the roof. He couldn't sleep. Chanyeol had written him a cheque for the painting, and brought him home, and he had showered and eaten and was now laying awake. It had been a lot to process. He had made a new friend. Someone he really liked. Someone who made him feel a way he had never felt before. A new friend with a very scary medical problem. And he'd be able to pay his rent next week. He'd asked Chanyeol for $350 for the painting which would give him two weeks room to breathe and he'd handed him a folded up cheque on the spot.

He scrolled through his camera roll. He had snapped a few pictures at the beach for inspiration. He laughed at one particular photo. The scene was beautiful. The waves were rolling and the sun was dropping and the sky was alight with pinks and golds and violets. And in the bottom corner of the photo a pair of enormous feet stuck up into the frame. Baekhyun began to laugh. He had to post it. He opened Instagram and centred the picture. He captioned it 'when @producerpcy ruins the aesthetic' and added the hastag #adayatthebeach and hit 'share'. He smiled to himself as he remembered their day. He felt sad when he thought of how sad Chaneyol seemed. About his heart. About his girlfriend who he claimed to love but who hated the beach. He seemed to be sad about a lot of things.

He got up out of bed and got a drink of water. He cringed with embarrassment when he remembered falling asleep and waking up with a strawberry stuck to his head. He thought about the beautiful picnic, the easy flowing conversation, his sakura holding pride of place in Chanyeol's entrance. He thought about Chanyeol emerging from the surf like a god. Heat washed over him and something pulled deep inside his stomach. He felt himself stiffen inside his boxers and rolled his eyes. . His really had a mind of it's own when he hadn't gotten laid for a while.

He wandered back to bed and grabbed his phone. 3 missed calls from Jessica. He had been avoiding her for days and decided to call her back. "How the do you know Park Chanyeol." She yelled down the phone. "Well hello to you too." Baekhyun replied sarcastically. "Seriously. How do you know him?" She was pissed off. He could tell. She was always pissed off. "I met him at Minseok's cafe and we hit it off. Why?" "He's my friend's boyfriend. Tiffany. My PR officer. She's been looking for him all day, crying because he won't answer her calls, and he's laying on the beach with you?" Now she was really yelling. "How the am I supposed to explain that to my friend? You're so embarrassing Baekhyun!" Baekhyun had enough. This was too much. "You know what Jessica? I dont care how you explain it. I don't care about anything anymore. I'm done. It's over. Don't call me again. We're finished." He hung the phone up.

He threw the phone down on the bed. It buzzed and buzzed again. He leaned over and turned it off. He felt angry, hurt and in a strange way k

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter