-15-

hush • baekhyun x chanyeol
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

Chanyeol woke with a pounding headache. He had taken Baekhyun home late the night before. He had an important meeting early, and Baekhyun made half hearted noises about his own space and needing clean clothes, so after their dinner he took Baekhyun and his sunset canvas to Baekhyun's apartment.

He slept alone. His heart was silent all night and into the next morning. He had an early meeting to work through ideas with the idol group he had agreed to work with and after that he had his regular appointment with Dr Yoo.

He needed something to cheer himself up. He felt unusually flat, like he needed a vitamin or something, he told himself he was just tired. He opened his phone and scrolled through his pictures until he found the one he took of Baekhyun last night. His breathing steadied as he stared at it. Baekhyun's hair blew back from his face in the breeze. His face was half turned towards the camera but his eyes were a million miles away. The pinks and golds of the sunset bathed his face in a natural glow. Chanyeol opened his Instagram, selected the picture, and captioned it #naturalbeauty which was one of Baekhyun's favourites. He tagged him in it and hit share. He felt better and grabbed his work and left for his meeting.

 

 

 

Baekhyun slept late and woke when the sun was already climbing high. He rolled over and put his arm out instinctively but all he found was empty space. He pouted and sat up. His hair stuck up in its usual morning way. He reluctantly escaped his warm bed and made his way into the kitchen for instant coffee. A deep sigh escaped as he wished it was Chanyeol's delicious aromatic brew, accompanied by a side of French toast or pancakes, and wished he had just stayed another night.

As he looked out onto the street below he mulled over why he didn't. Things were moving very fast. They weren't supposed to be moving this fast. No matter how good or right it felt. He sighed again and picked up his phone. When he opened his Instagram his heart skipped a beat. The picture Chanyeol had taken of him was spectacular. Is this really what I look like through his eyes? Chanyeol seemed to have no such fears about moving so quickly. Or about showing how close they were to his 390 thousand followers. Chanyeol had everything to lose. Baekhyun had nothing. Why was he the one who was scared?

He picked up his phone and sent a quick text to Chanyeol asking if they could meet at the cafe later. He knew he would be at the hospital as he was every Monday. After showering and dressing Baekhyun packed up his brushes, picked up a few small canvases, and headed out the door to the park.

 

 

 

 

 

Chanyeol had trouble concentrating during his meeting but it was productive. His body felt like it was still nursing a hangover but Baekhyun had some hidden creative switch inside his mind and Chanyeol had more ideas than ever. He left feeling good and headed for the hospital.

 

His shirt was off, the machines were all hooked up, and Dr Yoo asked the same questions he usually did. "How have you been feeling?" "Fine. A bit flat actually." Chanyeol answered. Dr

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter