Prologue

COSMOS
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

It was one of those freezing days of December, Changgu woke up at 5 am like any other day. He sat up where he was laying on the ground under his plain covers, he blinked and breathed in, it was another day that he had to survive.

He closed his eyes again, this time trying to remember what he was supposed to do today; delivering the newspapers, school and then his part time job at the restaurant, he had to remember which one because he worked at two, one during the week days and one during the weekends.

He finally got up and left his mattress, he walked into the shower and got hit by the cold water. There was no hot water here, but by now, he got used to it. It doesn't bother him anymore even though it was the middle of December. It's snowing at some parts of the country right now, but he didn't care less.

When he was done, he dried his hair quickly and got into his school uniform before he stepped out of his house, dorm or probably better to refer to it as a room. He wasn't living in the orphanage anymore, after that incident, he fought his way out of there, he worked all sorts of part time jobs just to pay the rent of that small dirty room and to keep himself alive. It's probably the last place a boy of his age wants to be at but to Changgu, it was something. It meant a lot to him, it gave him freedom, it gave him a life, no matter how small and poor it was, he was satisfied.

He walked down to his first boss's place, silently picking up today's papers to deliver them to the home addresses he had written down on a piece of paper. His boss didn't really care if the boy was on foot and if the places he sent him to were very far away from each other. All what he cared about was to get the job done and Changgu never complained, he always did his part of the job before school started and got his daily payment.
It wasn't much, but it was something to Changgu.

He lived alone for as long as he can remember, he was an orphan, never knew his parents, he got adopted once when he was 4 years old, he was living happily with that family until 3 years later when he was 7, his adopting mother got miraculously pregnant.

Changgu was more than happy, he was about to have a baby brother but as soon as the women gave birth, Changgu was sent back to the orphanage, and he was never the same again ... he was broken.

Changgu has an innocent face, his smile would make the whole place shine, that if he smiled, because recently, he never does, he just does what he is asked to do, nothing more and nothing less, he just lost hope, never felt love and doesn't even know how it feels to be hugged or touched warmly, he's just living among the living, breathing, that's all.

When his delivery tasks were done, he walked to school. He kept his head down as he walked through the halls, he hated it when they talked about him when he passed by, he just wanted to say that he can hear them, some made jokes about him and how unwanted he must have been and others pitied him for what he went through. Their loud whispers are audiable to him, but he doesn't care, he just walks by. 

Changgu is calm and silent during class, his innocence and kindness makes people wonder why he's having a hard life, even the bullies at school never layed their hands on him, even though they wanted to. They like to fool around him alot though, especially that Wooseok guy, he is th

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter