With Yong Junhyung

Once Upon A Summer

 

Shut up will ya?" he half-pleaded to her.

"That. Was. ing. Epic," Hyorin said in between laughters.

"Grandma FORCED me to wear that stupid thing," he pointed to the pink lacy apron hanging on the wall. Apparently, Junhyung had took it off while she was on the floor, laughing her head off.

"Thank god I live to see that moment," she commented.

"If you...," he started.

But Hyorin quickly cut him off, “I FORGOT TO TAKE A PICTURE!" She slapped her forehead. "Come, put it on again! I'm sure you'll look absolutely cute in this pink lacy apron!" She waved the apron in front of her.

"Why you acting all cutesy and friendly and you are even calling me cute."

"DID NOT."

He raised an eyebrow. She scowled at him before saying, "So, you were cooking French fries?"

"Yeah, it's," he paused for a while, trying to find the right word before hesitantly saying, “an apology?"

"Accepting it only if it's yummy," Hyorin grabbed one and ate it. "This taste worse than the water mix you gave me."

"At least it didn't taste like the feeling of being blacklisted."

They took revenge on each other, always. Once, she tossed his Mathematics notes in the trash, causing him to get punished. She did it because he purposely ran into her in the cafeteria, her food spilled to the floor. She didn’t eat the whole day. For revenge, in a class party, he mixed her water with all sorts of food - nuggets, hot dogs, coffee and other stuffs. She vomited right after drinking it. But Hyorin took her biggest revenge, she told the teacher when she saw Junhyung cheating in a test once. He got blacklisted. And detention for a month. 

"Well," Hyorin paused. She somehow regretted what she had done. Because, after all, she too, had cheated in a test. "I'm sorry?"

"Okay, since I've cooked for you, and you're asking for my forgiveness," Junhyung looked at her,"why don't you give me my shades back?"

"What?! I thought you're being nice. And all of this for a sunglass," she spread her arms wide open. "No way. Bye."

Hyorin ran off to the living room. She tried to call her grandmother but nobody would answer. So she watched the TV. But nothing interesting was on. She glanced at the clock, 9.30am. Then, she heard a knock.

***

"Little Miss Sunshine, my ," Junhyung said for the millionth time since they walked out of the house 10 minutes ago. Hyorin's grandmother had fetched her and brought her home, along with Junhyung, before asking them to spend time together. So they were walking to the beach, as they had planned togother with Dongwoon, Kikwang and Hyunseung. She had put on denim shorts and a Little Miss Sunshine t-shirt. 

"Are you jealous?" She scowled. The guy was annoying her so much she could kill him right that instant.

"It should be, Little Miss Annoying," he ignored her and kept on walking,”or Irritating or Troublesome."

"And you would be Hideous Ugly Naggy."

"Thank you, that suits me, I think," he said sarcastically.

"Of course it does, stupid."

He was about to retort something to her when he heard voices calling out to them. Time sure flies when you're making fun of Hyorin, Junhyung thought. Dongwoon, Kikwang and Hyunseung were jumping up and down, waving their hands high up in the air. 

"You guys look like people stranded in an island then you saw your life saviour!" He yelled at them. And Hyorin laughed. Kwon Hyorin just laughed. Kwon Hyorin laughed at my joke, was all that Junhyung can processed at that time. Well, there's a first for everything. Maybe they can get along? Maybe they can actually be nice? Maybe they can actually forget everything and just be friends?

"Yo! I'm your hero!" She continued his joke. 

"You're looking like you're one of 'em now," commented Junhyung. Hyorin was like them, jumping up and down, waving excitedly. They were near now.

"Oh my god! Is that Junhyung's girlfriend?" a girl suddenly appeared form behind the trio and gasped. "Oh my god, everyone! It's Junhyung and his girlfriend!" More came to them.

"I am not!" Hyorin defended herself.

"I don't even like her," Junhyung said.

"Ignore them," Dongwoon hugged her as a greeting.

"They're very nosy," Kikwang hugged her too.

"Very," followed by Hyunseung.

"Come on, let's play frisbee!," Dongwoon dragged her to play.

"Hey, how about a nice, warm greeting for your old friend?" Junhyung called out.

"Hi Junhyung," a girl wearing makeup as thick as dictionary greeted him. Junhyung groaned.

"When there's a girl, ignore your friend," Junhyung mumbled before following his friends. Dongwoon was explaining their way of playing. All you have to do was toss it to the other team, if they failed to catch it, you get one point. Junhyung never lose because he always find a way to be in a team with Dongwoon because he was the tallest of them all. Hence, Dongwoon was the best player as he can toss the frisbee far far away and catch them easily. Hyunseung also joined them most of the time. They left the shortie Lee Kikwang to form a 'noob' group. Now, Junhyung has a feeling that he would be in the noob group. Hyorin was as short as Kikwang, but in frisbee, Kikwang is a total failure. Damn you, Kwon Hyorin, he cursed underneath his breath.

"I am with Hyorin!" Dongwoon declared. Both of them were holding hands, jumping childishly. Then, as Junhyung had expected, Hyunseung linked his hand to Hyorin's. "Kikwang, make sure you don't fail," Junhyung warned him who just grinned foolishly, like he knew that they will lose anyway. "Who wants to join us?"

"Me me me me!" the girl with thick makeup raised her hands. Junhyung glared at her, as if glaring would kill her.

Before he could reject her with harsh words, Kikwang convinced him that the girl was a pretty good player. So they played. Of course, the 'noob' group lost.

At lucnh, Hyorin kept on rubbing his lost on his face. "I seriously feel like killing you," he had said that multiple times. After that, the boys went swimming. Hyorin stayed on the beach because she was afraid of water. 

"Hyorin, aren't you playing?" Kikwang yelled from the water before Hyunseung and Junhyung splashed water on him. Where's Dongwoon, she wondered to herself. Then, her phone rang.

It was a text from Gayoon which read, 'we're having so much fun!! to be you :p loljk, we miss youuu :(', attached to it was a picture of her, Hyomin & Eunjung eating ice cream at the beach. "Ahh, these girls. They're making me jealous and I have nobody to take pictures with," Hyorin said to herself, thinking that she was alone.

"There's me!" Someone voluntereed from behind, making her jump. "I'm sorry, didn't mean to scare ya," topless Dongwoon apologized.

"That. Was. Shocking," Hyorin said. "But hey, let's take a picture. But first we need ice creams!"

"You're gonna make you friends jealous?"

"Sort of. I want to show them that I do have friends here." She replied after buying their ice creams. "1, 2, 3!"

'i have ice cream too! :D', Hyorin was about to hit send when Kikwang and Hyunseung came running shouting, “We want to take pictures too!”

“How did you know?” Her eyes widened in surprise. These boys are such dorks, she smiled to that thought.

“We have killer eyes,” Kikwang winked, ruffling his wet hair. “Do I look okay?”

Hyorin was taken aback with that question and she wasn’t sure why. “Yeah, of course,” she smiled. Maybe it was because all of them are good looking, unlike the boys at her school.

“Dongwoon, you take the pictures,” Kikwang took her phone and gave it to Dongwoon. And to her, he said, “Look, I have my own official pose.” And he posed with a thumb up.

“Right,” Hyorin nodded.

“My turn!” Hyunseung said.

“If you wear a bikini, everyone will think that you’re a girl,” Hyorin pointed out.

“I know. I get that a lot. Now, peace!” Hyunseung grinned at the camera.

“I have ice cream too. You jealous?” Hyorin read her text out loud before sending the pictures to Gayoon. She had put a smiley at the end of her text. Less than a minute, Gayoon called.

“WHO ARE THEY?” Her friends spoke at the same time.

“Just some friends I made here.”

“Her boyfriends,” Dongwoon came near and said, which was loud enough for her friends to hear.

“Hyorin, you have a lot to explain!”

“They’re friends okay? Anyway, guess who I’m spending my summer with? I even slept at his house!”

“The blonde one!” Gayoon answered.

“No! Guess again.”

“Super Junior?” Hyomin asked. Oh my god, Hyorin almost said that out loud. Hyomincan be so foolish sometimes.

“No! It’s Yong Junhyung!” Her friends at the other end were laughing. She presumed two things. One, they were laughing because they thought she was lying and that was a horrible lie. Two, they were laughing at her misfortune.

“What’s with my name?” Talk of the devil, Junhyung was back from the beach and had heard her.

“Nothing. Go back swimming!”

“You’re talking with your friend right? Yaah! Don’t talk about me!” Junhyung warned.

“Oh my god! It’s really him” came the excited voice of Hyomin. “Pass me to him.”

“I don’t want!” Hyorin said. “Why should I?”

“If you pass it, you remember your debt? You owe me Starbucks, girl. Pass it, consider it’s my treat.”

“Fine, money is more important.” Hyorin scowled at Junhyung before giving her phone to him, “It’s Hyomin.”

“What’s with you this time?” Junhyung was obviously irritated. Anyone can tell by the way he was talking.

“You have to make sure that handsome blonde one, or the cute short one or the gorgeous one doesn’t steal Hyorin from you,” Hyomin teased.

“What the ?” Junhyung immediately responded.

“Well, since you used to like-“ Junhyung pressed the red button.

“Yaaaah!” Hyorin frowned. “I wasn’t finish talking with her!”

“YOU TOLD THEM?” Junhyung yelled at her. He was mad. His voice was loud and clear. People started making a circle around them.

“Told what?”

“THAT,” he said like it was the most obvious thing in the whole wide world.

“What the hell is that?” She started to raise her voice.

“THAT THING! THAT I TOLD YOU LAST NIGHT! WHY ARE SO ING STUPID?”

“OH!” Hyorin too, was mad. “THAT YOU USED TO LIKE ME? YES I TOLD THEM!” The crowd started whispering among themselves. She heard someone said ‘I knew it’.

“I TOLD YOU NOT TO TELL ANYBODY!”

“TOO LATE! WHY ARE YOU EVEN EMBARASSED BY THAT FACT?”

“ YOU KWON HYORIN. BURN IN HELL!”

“ YOU TOO!” Hyorin backed off and stomped her way out of the crowd to calm herself down. Many things were running inside her mind. Why was that guy that mad? And to think that they said they would try being nice to the other, even if it was for his shades. Of course someone like him was incapable of doing so. Of course she’d tell her best friends. She told them almost everything about herself and what she knew. If he didn’t yell at her, she wouldn’t spill that fact to the crowd. She was so mad. One of the things she hated the most was to be yelled at without a solid reason. His reason was just childish and immature.

She was far away from the crowd. She looked back and saw Dongwoon and Kikwang following her. Hyunseung was with Junhyung. “,” she cursed. Her phone was with Junhyung too.

__________________________________________________________

I guess I haven't update in a long time. A long chapter to make up for that ^^