Ice Cream Girl

Once Upon A Summer

The girl with brown eyes and chest length black hair woke up to see herself on a blue-sheeted queen bed with matching colours for pillows. The colour was plain. Except for the bolster. It was green with dinosaurs all over it. It was cute. She closed her eyes, hugging the bolster even tighter. She was remembering back the dream she had. She was in an ice cream world, eating ice cream, obviously. Strawberry. Chocolate. Vanilla. Mint. Yam. Mango. Milk. And.. Yong Junhyung.

"Oi wake up," he said. He had barged in the room without knocking or anything.

"Aaaah. I'm just getting comfortable here. You're such a joykiller." She opened up her eyes a little to get a clear view of him.

"Comfortable? In my room? On my bed?" He raised an eyebrow.

"Oh really? Where did you sleep last night anyway? On the couch?" Hyorin sat cross-legged on the bed. Her face was still a bit tired. She let out a big yawn before saying, "Because y'know, I could get used to this."

What she meant was that she could get used with him on the couch. And she, in his sleeping place.

"You wanna marry me is it?" He smirked. She hated it.

"Don't flatter yourself." Hyorin scowled. "I don't like you okay? Eh, wait, how did I get up here?"

Junhyung grabbed her hand and pulled her out of bed causing her to land hard on the floor. "That answer your question?" He was implying that he was the only one capable of lifting her up there.

"I hate you," she flatly said.

"Your grandma's here. Get lost," Junhyung headed to the door and opened it, "Be ready at lunch. I'm hanging out with my friends. I'll pick you up. They asked me. I don't want to bring you." And he closed the door.

"I hate you!" She yelled one last time before seeing revenge.

***

"We're off now," Hyorin's grandmother said. She headed to the door.

"Yea," Hyorin spun around, making sure that Junhyung saw her, "say bye to Junhyung." And she pulled out a sunglass that she had been hiding behind her back. It was Junhyung's. As a sign of revenge, she decided to take it.

She put it on in what she hoped to be in a cool way, like the people in movies did, leaving an angry Yong Junhyung who was cursing under his breath.

***

"We're going using THAT?" Hyorin questioned Junhyung. He had just arrived in front of her grandma's house in a motorbike. A bike.

"No, we're jogging," came the boring voice and sarcastic answer. Junhyung was wearing a black Nike shirt with black shorts. A red Faddy Robot cap rested on his head.

In contrast to his dark choice of colour, she wore a white top with blue shorts. A bag hung over her shoulders.

"You ," was all she could manage. She was not in the mood to argue.

"Come on!" And there he was, making her feeling angry by the minute. How fast her mood can change because of him. That amazed her, really.

"I'm not," she took a deep breath, "really used to bikes."

"You're afraid," he picked the simpler word.

"Yes."

"I'll be careful okay? I also don't want to die."

"Don't go fast, okay?"

"I promise,"he simply said. That was his first promise to her. She doubted him. After all, she couldn't trust him. It's just something that she was used to.

So she hoped on. Not wanting to fall, she hold on to his cloth. Wrapping her hands around his waist was a little too much, both for him and her.

First promise? Broken.

He sped up. He was fast. She cursed him all the way and called him names until he stopped by the road.

"Shut up will ya?" He frowned. He was seriously annoyed. "Your stupid hair is getting in my face. Tie it."

"I didn't bring any," she smiled sweetly to him just to annoy him more. But the smile vanished when he went to her back, made her hair into a bun, then tucked them under his cap.

She didn't know what shocked her more. The fact that he had done it for her or the fact that she was now wearing Yong Junhyung's cap.

But when he drove on, she knew what shocked her the most.

"We are not wearing helmets! Stop now you stupidass Yong Junhyung!"

But he didn't. She could imagine him smirking.

***

"Get down," Junhyung ordered. She did. "Meet me here at 6. I'm going to park. Don't follow me. Bye."

He left her on the sidewalk. Behind her was a medium sized shopping mall. She made her way there while cursing. Then she realized that she was still wearing Junhyung's cap.

"Well, it's cooler this way. The summer's hot," she reasoned with herself and decided to let the cap there.

***

7.30 o'clock and Junhyung was still not there.

"Where the hell is he?" Hyorin paced the sidewalk impatiently. Her hands were on her hips. Her eyebrows knitted together in fury. "And I don't even have his freaking number! I'll make you pay Yong Junhyung. You just wait."

She went off to search for a certain guy who was karaoke-ing happily with his friends.

***

After searching and asking people, she found him at a karaoke place. The girl at the counter seems to have a little crush on Junhyung. She seemed to remember every detail about him. She even remembered in which room he was in.

"Thank you," Hyorin smiled at the red-haired girl.

"Tell him he's cute," the girl said jokingly.

"I will!" In her heart, she was like, what the hell? Cute?

Room 57, the number that Hyorin was searching for.

49..

52..

56..

57. The target.

From the glass of the orange painted door she could see Junhyung. He was rapping, maybe. He looked... cool.

"Damnit," she said for even thinking about that. She pushed the door open.

"Cos I love," Junhyung was rapping. He was showing off his skills. He was the best rapper there. What he didn't expect was a mad Kwon Hyorin. He ended with a shaky 'you'.

"Yong Junhyung," she said word by word.

"Kwon Hyorin," he followed her tone, still wanting to look cool.

"Ah!" Somebody shouted and jumped from his seat. "Ice cream girl!"