Fries and Coke

Once Upon A Summer

"What?" Junhyung glanced to Hyorin first, then his blonde friend, unsure who he needed to answer.

"Oh, nothing, it's 6 freaking pm!" Hyorin half shouted. She crossed her hands over her chest. She didn't care about the little 'audience' in the room.

"Oh," Junhyung checked his phone. He didn't wear any watch. "I thought it's 5."

"And I've only been waiting for you for half a second then!" The music was still blaring in the background.

"Why are you guys fighting?" Someone said. Hyorin was not sure who had asked.

"Why are you wearing his cap?" Another one said.

"He wouldn't even let me borrow it!" Another.

"Are you his girlfriend?" Another gasped, faking a dramatic tone.

"I'm not his girlfriend," Hyorin explained. "He's my freaking driver."

"I'm not your freaking driver," Junhyung cut in.

"You shut up," Hyorin pointed her fingers at Junhyung. "I want to explain to your friends, so just shut up."

He did. So Hyorin explained everything.

"You're lying," the blonde accused her.

"I AM NOT!" She said for the millionth time.

"Why are you wearing his favourite cap?"

"It's.." Hyorin was lost for word. She looked at Junhyung, sending signals, asking him to explain. He stayed quiet, fully depending on her. So, she put his red cap back on him. "See? I'm now wearing it anymore." Hyorin grinned at them.

"Aaa~ There's certainly something going on between you guys," the blonde said again.

"Aah! This song! Come on!" The short one jumped up and down happily. The others joined in happily. Junhyung groaned and sat down.

"Junhyung's girlfriend, come on!" The blonde invited her in to Magic Girl.

So they sang and dance happily to what the guys called 'cute songs'. All of them enjoyed themselves.

Well, of course, except Yong Junhyung, who won't do aegyo.

***

They were at McDonalds, eating burgers and fries with Coke. Hyorin enjoyed their company more than Junhyung's. How can Junhyung even had friends as cheerful as them was beyond her.

"So, why are you and Junhyung fighting?" Kikwang, the short guy, bluntly asked.

"Yeah, I want to know too," blondie Dongwoon agreed.

"I'm still convinced you guys are together," Hyunseung commented.

"It started off silly, really. When we were in kindy-" Hyorin started to tell Kikwang their past.

But Junhyung dragged her away.

"Yong Junhyung!" She started protesting.

"See you guys tomorrow at the beach," Junhyung waved at his friends who wore a puzzled look on their face before exiting the restaurant.

"What was that for?" Hyorin shook of his hands once they were outside.

"It's late."

"What?! And you even freaking dragged me away! I was talking! I was enjoying myself for the first time when I'm here. And my coke and fries! I haven't even finish them!" They were walking in an alley. It was a shortcut to the parking lot.

"Shut up."

"You ruined everything."

In a second, she found herself pinned on the wall by none other than Yong Junhyung.

"I warned you. I don't like you telling other people about us. You understand?" He hissed.

"What the hell? It's in the past!" She said. She hoped that her voice didn't shake. "I have their numbers. I can easily tell them."

He pulled her hair up, making her stood with her toes. Their eyes were of the same level then.

"I'm saying this one last time. Do not. Tell. Others. You understand?" He said again. She didn't response. Junhyung was about to say something again when he saw her tears. She didn't make any sound, only tears flowing down softly. It was obvious she was trying to fight them. It was the first time he had saw her cry. It was the first time she had cried because of him. It was the first time she cried in front of people. So he let go.

"Why..why are you crying?" He bit his lips before saying, hesitating at first.

"I hate you," she said soflty. Hyorin walked away.

"What?" He walked beside her. Then Junhyung grabbed her by the shoulders, makinf them faced each other, again. Softly, he asked, "Tell me."

She stared at him. Her cheeks wet. "I'm just sensitive? I mean, you're so mean to me. Sure, I treat you like crap, but man up will ya? Be a gentleman. Treat me like I'm any other girl. Maybe not that nice. But at least, be a little nice?"

"Why should I be nice to you if you're not nice to me?" He asked back.

"Then if I'm nice to you, will you be nice to me?"

"If I'm nice to you, will you be nice to me too?"

"Sure."

"Okay then."

They went back to Jaesoon's house in silence to found that the door was locked and even knocking a hundred times would not wake Hyorin's grandmother up. But before that, Junhyung dropped by to a 24 hour convenience store to buy some things. Hyorin didn't have the slightest idea of what Junhyung bought.

So she had to spend another night in Junhyung's bed and Junhyung, at the couch.

Hyorin descended the stairs the next morning and smelt something. Fries. She smiled. She bet there's Coke too, for breakfast! He really kept to his word, she thought. It's like they never fought at all.

"What's cooking?" She screamed in a happy tone. She was in a very good mood. And she became happier when she saw him. She burst into unstoppable laughter.

Because standing there in the kitchen, in all his glory, was Yong Junhyung, frying fries, wearing a lacy pink floral apron.