Blood and Wound

Once Upon A Summer

"I want to sleep," Jinon yawned again. It was 10pm. The twins had been playing in their own fantasy land, dragging and forcing Hyorin and Junhyung to play too at times. The two teenagers were watching the tv. They had decided on the Prison Break series after arguing several times.

"Tell us a bedtime story."

So that was how Hyorin and Junhyung found themselves in the twins room.

"Once, there was an arrogant little boy who thinks that the world revolves around him," started Hyorin.

Having a feeling that Hyorin was talking about him, Junhyung added a bit, "but he was so handsome, even as a kid, that he had many admirers, until now. And there was this little ugly girl." He said the last sentence while looking at her, challenging her to add positive attributes about the girl, which is herself. "But she was so kind hearted and smart. She was so beautiful inside. The teachers liked her. And boom! The arrogant boy liked her too!"

"The end," Junhyung cut her off.

"Then what?" Asked Jiyeon. Apparently, Jinon was already fast asleep. He must be very tired, thought Hyorin. "Shouldn't they fall in love or something?"

"She hated bad boys so she rejected him and pushed him face down into a sandbox. He took his revenge. Then the girl would have her revenge too. Since then they hated each other," Hyorin told the story quickly.

"The end," Junhyung ended it. Without another word, he left the room.

"What a weird guy," Hyorin said to herself. "Good night Jiyeon." And she, too, left the room to find Junhyung leaning against the wall opposite the door. He looked like he was waiting. Was he waiting for her? The thought crossed Hyorin's mind.

He slowly said, "What a great story you told there." He smirked. Oh god, why did he do that again? Hyorin thought.

"Oh I'm flattered. Thank you very much for that wonderful compliment." Sarcasm was the way to go. Hyorin started to go down the staircase. To her amazement, Junhyung followed her.

"But I'm not arrogant." He complained. "And I certaintly don't like you."

"Cool story." So this was the guy Jiyeon expected her to love. What an impossible suggestion.

"And I certainly don't like you telling the twins about us." They had reached the end of the stairs.

She spun around quickly, while saying, "Us? You make us sound like a couple!". For a split second, she found her face inches away from Junhyung's. His breath was hot on her face. His eyes. They were so deep and unreadable that she found herself unable to take her eyes off his.

Then she lost her balance and fell down. She tried to hold on to a table on her side but the things on the table joined her, falling down. And a mini Statue of Liberty made from hard rock or marble hit her on the eyes and made a line at the side of her eyes.

Junhyung laughed nervously. What had happened was quite funny. But he turned all serious when he saw tears coming out of her eyes.

"Whoa, are you okay?"

"It bloody hurts! And you laughed! Imagine solid rock crashing into your face." Hyorin covered her injured left eye with her left hand. "It's gonna get swollen. And people will stare at me like I got into a fight. It's gonna get purple and blue and black."

"Sorry to interrupt your speech," Junhyung tried to sound a bit sarcastic. He didn't want to sound that concern for her. "But you're bleeding."

"Sheesh, it's all your fault. You're gonna pay," she threatened. "Bring me a tissue and a plaster."

To Hyorin's amazement, he didn't argue and fetched the things she asked for. She was then seated on the couch when he came back. He handed her the things without a single word. But she didn't took it. She stared at him.

"What?" Getting annoyed, he asked.

She rolled her eyes. "Help me."

"What?" He said again, shocked.

"Jeez, I'm the one who's like one-eyed here. In case your two perfect eyes can't see, there's no mirror here," explained Hyorin.

"And?"

"God! Are you that stupid?" It was now her turn to be annoyed. Without waiting for him to give her a piece of her mind, she went on, "I need you to put it for me."

After several seconds, he resigned and sat next to her. But he made sure there was a safe distance between them. "I'm only doing this because I think it's my fault you fell. I owe you nothing after this," he clarified at first. She rolled her eyes again, not caring that it looked awfully weird and funny seeing only an eye rolled. He motioned for her to move away her hands. Then he wiped away the blood, hard. She automatically pulled his hand away but pulled away the second their skin touched.

"Wrong move," she said defensively.

"Wrong indeed."

Then he carefully put the plaster on, wanting the wound to be on the centre. They argued a lot because Hyorin was becoming impatient.

She had her reasons. One, he was taking too long to just put on a freaking plaster! Two, he was too close. She could look at him from where she was and tell every tiny details on his flawless face. The way his eyes moved around, carefully observing. The way he would wrinkle his nose when he didn't get it right. The way he would bit his lower lips to get better concentration. And three, her heart was beating faster than normal.

"What a freak you are," complained a wounded Hyorin after he finished his easy task. "How about cleaning the mess while I sleep?"

"In your dreams, woman." But he did what she asked anyway. Junhyung just simply put the things that had fallen down back on the table. He didn't even bother arranging it properly.

But that was fine by Hyorin, "Good boy," she teased before drifting off to sleep on the couch. She was tired. Very tired.

She didn't even hear her grandmother coming back.

She didn't even wake up when they tried to wake her up.

She also didn't wake up when she was being carried to a soft bed.

_______________________________________________________

Hi. I'm updating using my phone. My laptop's charger was broken. I can't update using the computer. No privacy. Lol XD Anyways, I'm going to be on a vacation for the hols. Then, I'll be busy with school preparations. But I'll try to update as soon as I can. God, typing using phone sure takes a lot of time =.=