two

3650 Days
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

DAY 1106

 

Minju walked slowly along the familiar pathway. She was on her way to meet Yujin at their spot by the Han River. She had been dreading this day as she didn’t want to listen to Yujin talk about her new love.

 

It had been one and half year since Yujin broke up with Wonyoung and she had not been with anyone since. However recently, Yujin disclosed to her that she had fallen in love with someone close to her.

 

It really surprised Minju as Yujin had never mentioned about meeting someone special at school. At the bottom of her heart, Minju had hoped that maybe Yujin would someday see her in a different light but Yujin’s revelation shattered the dream.

 

Minju sighed and approached the special place where she met Yujin 3 years ago. She looked up and saw Yujin sitting on the bench with a big, goofy grin on her face.

 

“Yujinie.”

 

Yujin turned when she heard Minju’s voice. “Minju, you are here finally!”

 

“So, how did it go?” Minju asked she sat down next to Yujin.

 

Yujin looked at Minju in confusion. “What do you mean?”

 

“You said you were going to confess to the girl you like today.” Minju looked down at her hands. “How did that go? Did she… Did she accept?”

 

“Oh that. I haven't done it yet.” Yujin replied softly. “I’m doing it later.” 

 

Silence fell over the two of them. Minju kept stealing glances at Yujin while the younger girl was happily swinging her feet back and forth on the bench.

 

“Is she beautiful?” Minju spoke up suddenly, surprising Yujin.

 

“Who?”

 

“The girl you like.”

 

“Oh…” Yujin was quiet for a second, then her face broke into a soft smile. “She is the most beautiful girl I have ever met. Not only is her physical appearance beautiful but her personality is also very beautiful. She takes care of me and she listens to me. She is truly like an angel.”

 

Minju looked at Yujin’s face as she talked about this special girl. Her eyes were sparkling and the smile never left her face. Minju could tell how much Yujin really liked this girl.

 

“She is a lucky girl to have you.” 

 

Yujin shook her head. “No, I’m the lucky one.”

 

Minju kept her head down. She could feel the ache in her heart. Maybe it was time for her to stop fooling herself. Yujin was never going to return her feelings.

 

“Do you know why I’m the lucky one?”

 

Minju looked back up, a little startled by Yujin’s question, and shook her head.

 

Yujin smiled softly before reaching out and touched Minju’s face with her hand. “Because I have you.”

 

Minju was taken back by Yujin’s words. “What?”

 

“The person who I like is you, Minju.”

 

Minju was speechless. She felt like someone was playing a prank on her. She had dreamt of this moment for so long but now that it was happening, she didn’t how she should react.

 

“I don’t know how it happened but during all the time that we were spending together, I fell in love with you. I wanted to confess to you bu

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter