four

3650 Days
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

DAY 2609

 

“Minju, I’m really sorry.” Yujin bowed her apologetically. She couldn’t look into Minju’s eyes as she couldn’t bear to see the pain that was in the other girl’s eyes.

 

“Why?” Minju couldn’t comprehend how this could have happened. “Yujinie, why?”

 

“We are both still so young. We should go out and meet other people.” Yujin tried to explain. “Maybe… Maybe there’s someone else out there that is better suited for you than me.”

 

Minju shook her head repeatedly. She didn’t want to listen to Yujin anymore. She couldn’t believe that Yujin was breaking up with her. What went wrong between the two of them?

 

“I’m sorry, Minju, but this is something that I have to do.” Yujin wiped the tears from her face and turned to leave. She walked quickly away from the bench, away from the place where everything started for the two of them. 

 

Minju broke down as she watched Yujin disappeared from her view. “But I already know that you are the one for me…”

 

Yujin made Minju believed that she would always be by her side and that they would be together forever.

 

Why did Yujin have to break her promise?

 

Minju sobbed uncontrollably as she sat alone on the bench. She couldn’t understand why this was happening. She had so many questions which she had no answers for. She cried to the night sky, hoping that the wind could give her a reason why her heart was shattering into a million pieces…

 


DAY 2705

 

“Over here, Yujin!”

 

Yujin looked up and noticed her friends from university sitting in a corner of the crowded bar. She walked over to the corner and sat down next to them.

 

“What took you so long, Ahn Yujin?”

 

“I’m sorry but I had to wait for Hyewon first.” Yujin apologized as she gestured to the person sitting next to her.

 

“I still don’t know how you ended up dating the most beautiful woman in our school.”

 

“What can I say? I’m just a very charming person.” Yujin answered with a smug smile as she took a sip of her drink.

 

“Ahn Yujin!”

 

Yujin laughed as her new girlfriend, Kang Hyewon, hit her softly on the shoulder.

 

It’s been 3 months since Yujin had broken up with Minju and the new semester at school had just started. She was now dating a popular senior in her university which made all of her friends envious of her. 

 

Yujin kept an arm around Hyewon, as she chatted with her friends. Suddenly, she heard someone calling her name. She looked up and was surprised to see two familiar people standing in front of her.

 

“Eunbi-unnie. Minju...”

 

“It’s been awhile, Yujin.” Eunbi said coldly as she looked at the woman sitting next to Yujin. “I see that you have a new friend.”

 

“Ah… Yes, this is Kang Hyewon.” Yujin gestured to her new girlfriend. “Hyewon, this is Kwon Eunbi and Kim Minju.”

 

“It’s very nice to meet you.” Hyewon stood up and bowed.

 

“Likewise.” Eunbi answered in a polite tone. “Well, we should be going now. Come on, Minju. Sakura is waiting for us.”

 

Minju remained quiet and kept her head down throughout the whole exchange. Yujin watched Minju’s back as the other woman followed Eunbi to the other side of the bar.

 

After Eunbi and Minju walked away from their table, Yujin went back to the conversation with her friends, but she could not concentrate as the thought of Minju invaded her mind...

 


DAY 2992

 

“You are something else, Ahn Yujin!” Eunbi stared incredulously at the younger woman in front of her. “You broke up with Minju! You broke her heart! And now you want to get back together with her?”

 

“I realized that I made a mistake…” Yujin started weakly.

 

“It’s almost a year since the two of you broke up. What makes you think Minju is still waiting for you?”

 

“I actually haven’t think that far ahead…”

 

Yujin made up her mind about reconciling with Minju so she came to Minju’s apartment, hoping to see Minju but instead, she had to face the wrath of Eunbi.

 

“Do you know how hurt Minju was when she saw you with another woman that time at the bar?”

 

Yujin didn’t know how to respond to Eunbi

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter