five

3650 Days
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

DAY 3026

 

“I’m home, unnie.” Minju called out as she stepped inside the apartment.

 

“Welcome home.” Eunbi said as she walked out from her bedroom. “How was dinner?”

 

“Dinner was good.” Minju put her purse down and sat down on the couch. “I think Yujin is coming down with something. She kept coughing throughout dinner.”

 

“Wow, even that energetic puppy gets sick too?”

 

Minju chuckled at Eunbi’s description of her girlfriend.

 

“So, how are things with Yujin?” Eunbi asked as she joined Minju on the couch.

 

“We are starting over so we are taking things very slowly.” Minju wrapped her arms around herself as she looked at Eunbi. “Yujin has been patient with me but I can tell that she wants things to be the way they were before we broke up.”

 

“Minju, I think you are building a wall because you are afraid to get hurt again but I can see that Yujin has matured a lot.” Eunbi commented as she patted Minju’s shoulder. “Just don’t keep her waiting for too long, okay?”

 

Minju thought over Eunbi’s words and nodded her head softly. Just then, her phone buzzed. She noticed that Yena was calling her.

 

“Hello, Yena-unnie?”

 

“Minju, you have to come to the hospital now.” Minju could hear the urgency in Yena’s voice. “It’s Yujin...”

 


DAY 3027

 

Minju rubbed her temples tiredly.

 

It was 2:00 am in the early morning and she was sitting beside Yujin’s bed at the hospital.

 

She rushed to the hospital as soon as she received Yena’s phone call. When she arrived, Yena told her that Yujin looked really terrible when she came home from her dinner date with Minju, so Yena took her to the hospital. The doctor said since Yujin had a high fever, it would be best to keep her overnight at the hospital. Minju told Yena that she would stay at the hospital with Yujin, so Yena agreed to go home and would come by in the morning.

 

Minju observed Yujin’s sleeping form quietly. The younger woman still looked pretty much the same as when they had met almost 9 years ago, except her facial features were more defined and more matured now.

 

Minju continued to stare at her girlfriend when she noticed that the other woman was slowly waking up.

 

Yujin opened her eyes and was surprised to see Minju’s concerned face. “Minju? Where am I?”

 

“You had a really high fever last night, so Yena-unnie got worried and took you to the hospital.” Minju answered as she brushed Yujin’s bangs away from her eyes.

 

“Oh…” Yujin’s voice felt dry and she could feel the aches in her shoulders.

 

“Why didn’t you tell me that you were not feeling well?” Minju scolded.

 

“I really wanted to see you since we are only seeing each other twice a week now.” Yujin coughed before continuing. “I miss you a lot when we are not together, so I didn’t want to cancel our date tonight.”

 

“You are an idiot!” 

 

“I’m sorry to make you worry, Minju.” Yujin picked up Minju’s hand and kissed it softly.

 

Minju shook her head. “No, it should be me who is sorry. I’m asking you to comply with my selfish requests.”

 

“No, Minju. I know that I hurt you before so I’m willing to make it up to you. I will do anything you want me to.”

 

“I know, Yujin and I believe you.” Minju whispered softly. “I know in my heart that you will not hurt me again.”

 

Yujin looked up at Minju, trying to guess what the other woman was thinking about. “So, does it mean I can see you anytime I want now?”

 

Minju laughed softly at the hopeful expression that was on Yujin’s face. “Yes.”

 

Yujin sat up on the bed suddenly, startling Minju. “Let’s not waste anymore time then! We have lots of lost time to make up for!”

 

Minju pushed Yujin back onto the bed. “You have to rest first, Yujin!”

 

“But I’m feeling better already!”

 

“It’s 2:00 am in the morning. We can wait until the morning.”

 

“But…”

 

“Go to sleep first.” Minju covered Yujin with the blanket. “ I promise that I will be here when you wake up, okay?”

 

Yujin finally agreed and Minju placed a kiss on her forehead. “Good night, Yujinie.”

 

“Good night, my love.”

 

Yujin held Minju’s hand in her own as she closed her eyes. She quickly fell into deep slumber, dreaming about Minju and a future with her filled with beautiful colours and love...


 

Day 3650

 

“Eunbi-unnie, have you seen Minju?”

 

Yujin clutched the phone tightly as she searched for the one person she wanted to see most at the moment.

 

“No, I haven’t seen her all morning.”

 

“She had a doctor’s appointment this morning but because I had a mandatory class to attend, I couldn’t go with her. And now, I cannot get in touch with her.”

 

“Yujin, calm down.” Eunbi tried to calm the nerves of the younger woman. “Maybe she left her phone somewhere and that’s why you couldn’t get in touch with her.”

 

“Unnie, what if the appointment did not go well? What if her cancer came back?” Yujin asked as fear crept up her heart.

 

“Don’t jump to conclusions yet.” Eunbi reasoned. “Why don’t you go and look in some of the places where the two of you often go to? I will keep calling her and I will let you know if I hear from her.”

 

“Okay and I w

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter