three

3650 Days
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

DAY 1517

 

Yujin was running with all her might. She didn’t care if she look like a crazy fool. She didn’t care if people were pointing at her. All she knew was that she had to get to Minju.

 

Her world. Her everything.

 

She ran into Minju’s apartment building and rushed up the stairs. She halted to a stop in front of Minju’s unit and tried to catch her breath. She placed a hand on her chest to calm her racing heart before ringing the doorbell. She waited nervously for Minju to answer.

 

A moment later, the door swung open.

 

“Yujin…” Minju looked at her in surprise. “What are you doing here?”

 

“Can I… Can I come in?”

 

“Ah… Sure.”

 

Minju stepped aside and let Yujin into the apartment. Yujin walked into the unit and stood in front of the couch.

 

Minju closed the door and turned to face Yujin. She was not sure why Yujin came to see her. She thought she had already done enough to make Yujin hate her. It was tough for her to act like she didn’t love Yujin when they broke up, so she really did not want to do it again.

 

“Why are you here, Yujin?”

 

“Minju, I know.” Yujin replied in a very soft voice.

 

“I… I have no idea what you are talking about.” Minju turned away from Yujin. It was very difficult to keep her resolve while looking at the younger girl.

 

Yujin walked over to Minju and gently turned Minju’s body around so they were face to face.

 

“Minju, Eunbi-unnie told me everything.” Yujin whispered. “Why didn’t you tell me?”

 

“I didn’t want to burden you.” Minju’s shoulders slumped as she realized there was no reason to keep lying to Yujin anymore. 

 

“Do you think I will leave you just because you are sick?” Yujin asked, hurt evident in her voice. “Is that the kind of person you think I am?”

 

Minju shook her head as she started to cry. “No, Yujin. It’s because I love you. If anything happens to me, I can’t bear the thought of you suffering. I thought if I made you hate me, then you wouldn’t be hurt so bad if I leave...”

 

“Oh Minju…” Yujin pulled Minju close and embraced the crying girl tightly.

 

Even in a situation like this, Minju was still putting Yujin’s well being first. Yujin felt like such a fool to think Minju that would betray her.

 

“I’m not going to leave you.”

 

“I’m scared, Yujinie.” Minju clutched onto Yujin tightly. “I’m really scared. I don’t know if I’m strong enough to fight this.”

 

“You are strong, Minju. You will win this fight.” Yujin pulled back from the embrace and looked into MInju’s eyes. “We will get through it together.”

 

Minju nodded and Yujin wrapped her arms around the other girl again. The two of them held onto each other, both scared of what tomorrow would hold, but they knew that no matter what the future would bring, they would face it together.

 


DAY 1625

 

“Eunbi-unnie, I have just arrived at your apartment.” Yujin said as

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter