cabin housing

Spaces Between Us
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

a/n: unbeta'd. if you've subscribed to me at least once, u would know i never have a set number of chapters. ok ok enough about this, let's get into this saida fic.

 

 

Three weeks is finally here. After three long weeks of agonizing anticipation and fidgety limbs, Sana will finally be able to see Dahyun for the first time, Seacoast Academy's legendary triple-threat ace. Sana looks down at her wrist, viewing the time. The long hand barely brushing past a tick mark.

 

The morning glow barely rising up from the east, Sana reverses out of her driveway onto the streets and drove towards the location her homeroom teacher sent to everyone via email, reading the address and at what time they will be departing. Sana has not slept one bit for the past 24 hours. Her eyes were puffy and felt heavy but her heart was warm and rapidly beating. 

 

Seeing Dahyun will all be worth it.

 

Blessed with many wits and outstanding skills and talents, Dahyun masters in music, painting, and modeling. 

 

Dahyun is one of the top three students within the entire school district, placing second right behind Myoui Mina, her best friend. Mina actually introduced Dahyun into painting. Mina, being the quieter of the two, has always been very isolated so she spent most of her time in the art room located across the campus away from the music room and the photoshoot-set room / fashion room. 

 

Bumping into Dahyun would be rare occurence, one might think, but it was more of a silent-mutual understanding. Mina packed up from her last class and walked towards the art room, which was opened for all students up until 4 in the evening. Knowing the last class of the school day ends at 2:30, Mina quickly made her way past the excited students that were happy school was over and ready to go home and stopped in her tracks once she realized the door was cracked open, just a smidge opened. 

 

Furrowing her eyebrows inwards in confusion, Mina approached with caution, hoping there's no unexpected art faculty meeting of such because she still has to finish her art project. Mina pulled the door as it eerily creeked open. The art room isn't worned down or anything, it's just a little more outdated than the music room or the yearbook room. 

 

Empty. Mina closes the door as quietly as she could behind her and spoke out, "Hello? Is anybody in here?" Mina spoke just above a whisper. Hearing no response, Mina grabbed her canvas off the wooden shelves and softly made her way towards the seat in the class she always sits in. Nothing but the sound of the fresh sneakers were heard, screeching against the waxed floors. Looking at her artwork, Mina sighed to herself in distress. 

 

The more she looked at it, the stronger the pang in her chest felt. This wasn't it. Mina tossed it on the ground beside her and knelt down so her elbows perched up above her knees, rubbing her palms against her eyes. 

 

Reverting her thoughts back to what the teacher announced, this month's project is to illustrate what beauty looks like to you, enjoy the process and remember to get your hands and outfits dirty! 

 

Mina looked down at her pre-finished artwork, Hawaii's original sunset, painted with bright orange, setting the glimmer with purple and pink complimenting one another. It's a beautiful sight really, but this sight brings her heartbreak. This image in her head, the one that she captured in real life, was shared with someone who broke her heart that very night, when the sun kisses the sea goodnight as the moon rises and greets the world. 

 

Mina let out a sniffle until she heard a feminine voice whine quietly in the background. If it weren't so dead silent, Mina was sure she would've missed the sound. Wiping her eyes with her fingers and the back of her wrist to ease the swolleness of the eyes, Mina searched the room. 

 

It never occured to Mina that this might've been dangerous but as soon as she turned the corner of the table at the corner of the room, she saw a girl cooped up on the couch adjacent to where they keep the art supplies, hugging tightly onto her backpack for warmth. Now that she thought about it, it is a little chilly in here, she wondered why this girl chose here to sleep out of all places. 

 

"Excuse me..." Mina softly spoke out, leaning a little closer to the girl. The girl did not react to the little voice so Mina settled onto shaking her shoulders lightly. Hesitantly, Mina softly placed her forefingers onto the stranger's shoulders and shook her before finally seeing who the girl is. 

 

It's the face of the person who everyone speaks so highly of. The girl who plays all kinds of instruments and also does modeling on the side for their school's website to bring in sponsors for different music programs, sports and occasionally shoots student league photos as well. Kim Dahyun, a woman of many different charms as the kids say. 

 

This is the first time Mina's seen her this close up. She's always seen Dahyun on the website and on instagram when she posts them but this... this is what people mean when they say Dahyun is truly and humanely breathtaking. As if everything in the world aligns, a thought came to Mina as she quietly grabs a blank canvas sitting on the wooden benches and places it on the wooden easel and locks it in. 

 

Grabbing and mixing her colors accordingly, Mina begins to splash blue and mustard yellow stripes onto her board as she adds in further details of how she views the oblivious, sleeping girl. It was maybe one of her fastest timed paintings but the result was priceless. Not showing the characteristics of the face features all the way, Mina included the outline of Dahyun's jawline and her bent arms and legs alongwith the outfit she was wearing. The blue and yellow striped long sleeve with popped collars and high waisted shorts. 

 

As Mina finishes up washing her painting utensils and supplies, she hears a stir and followed by a strained string of vocals getting caught in the throat before she looks at Mina in panic. 

 

"oH-! Hello, I'm so sorry I thought I was alone when I came in here!! Oh my goodness, let me just grab my things and I can g-" 

 

Mina smiled and placed the utensils drying on the wired rack. "It's almost four, we really should get going anyway." Dahyun nodded her head and brushed her hair backwards, still waking up and looking a little dazed. Mina smiled to herself and thought about the painting, she should tell Dahyun about how she basically slept and made her, her muse. 

 

After locking from the inside-out, Mina turned around to see Dahyun clutching onto her backpack. "Did I trouble you?" 

 

"Not at all, I should be the one to ask you that. I was surprised you slept throught it all, the clattering and the paintbrush noises and all." 

 

Dahyun shook her head, "I guess I was more tired that I thought. Sorry, I had to get away for a while and no one is in the art room after six period." Mina smiled and lead Dahyun to walk alongside with her. She's not wrong.

 

"Must be tiring be the school's heartthrob huh?" Mina said with a light chuckle in . Dahyun viewed Mina's face as she analyzes her features, it all looks too perfect on a human, is she even human? Maybe there's a robotic watch on her or a button to put her in sleep mode or something, she wonders.

 

"No no no, I'm not a heartthrob or anything, I know that what many people call me but I just-" Dahyun stopped walking and blocked Mina's pathway to walk. "I'm Kim Dahyun, an ordinary student who just wants to have a friend." 

 

Mina genuinely felt like her heart is going to combust. Not only did the school's most known student just introduce herself, she looked so cute doing so. She would've thought Dahyun would have swarms of friends but thinking from the little hottie's point of view, it might've been difficult to really just have a friend if everyone looks at her like she's the greatest treasure and can't approach her like a normal high school student. 

 

"Myoui Mina. Nice to finally meet you." 

 

That night, Mina confessed to Dahyun that she had painted her while she was asleep. Dahyun was more flattered than anything, happy to know that she was able to help Mina with her project unknowingly. And just like that, every day they would meet after school in the art room and get to know each other more, in depth. Along the way, Dahyun's curiosity got the best of her and Mina showed her how to paint, by . 

 

Painting became one of Dahyun's favorite hobbies too, and excelling rather quickly, thanks to Mina.

 

A girl who had too much attention and a girl who had very little attention, both accomplishing their outlets in the same room, created a new friendship that will prolong forever. 

 

Quickly glancing at her phone perched up on the car phone holder, Sana takes the final turn and was met with what seemed like a million students all bunched up in one little parking lot. Bright and early in the morning, Sana would assume students would take their lazy time and make their way here but seems like more than half of Gyeonggi-Do Province's high school seniors were all here. 

 

Sana parked in an empty parking space more far along the car rows and retrieved her belongings quickly before receiving a phone call. Fumbling out her phone in her back jean pocket, Sana smiles and cutely bites her lips in excitement.

 

In unison, both lines of the phones screeched at the same pitch. High. 

 

"Ahhhh!" 

 

The girl on the other line enthusiastically yelled, "Where are you?! I just signed in with Miss Park, hurry you might still get to see Dahyun before she gets onto her bus!!!!" 

 

Just thinking about her makes her happy, seeing her would make Sana extra-EXTRA happy. "I'm coming! I just parked my car! Hey, Nayeon!!! What bus number are we in? There's like a gajillion all lined up back-to-back." Sana asked, looking at all the buses.

 

Nayeon answered as she looks at her lanyard, their bus number bolded on the top right corner. "We're on bus 23 today, hurry Dahyun's on bus 20, the walk is going to be longer now that more kids showed up. Hurry, I'm waiting on your !" Nayeon screamed over her phone as she hangs up. Sana was about to get a word in but she thought rushing to see Nayeon and Dahyun was more important. 

 

Picking up her speed, she tightens her backpack straps and makes her way towards parents and students hugging one another, saying their goodbyes. Walking past the first bus, she glances at the bus number established on both sides on the front. 28.

 

Sana sighed as she maneuvered through heaps of bodies as they all excitedly chitter and chatter amongst each other, friendly and intimately. Camping trips are always fun, why? Because they don't need to wear their school uniforms and intermingling with other schools and befriending with those you have interest with always makes a trip more fun. 

 

Sana quickly eyeballs for the number 23 and quickly finds the girl who's laughing with her head pulled all the way backwards as a loud sound escapes from . "NAYEON!" Sana waved. Nayeon closes , still holding her beautiful toothy smile and lets her head follow the direction from where she heard her name was being called. 

 

"SANA! COME HURRY, SIGN IN SIGN IN!" Nayeon rushed, waving her hands towards her body. Sana, out of breath, smiling too dorkily, looked at Miss Park, their homeroom teacher. 

 

"I'm here, Miss Park!" Jihyo smiled and scanned the lanyard's QR code before giving it to Sana, "Glad you made it on time, we still have a lot of students on their way so sit tight and stay near okay? We don't want you missing our bus." 

 

Sana smiled and grabbed Nayeon's wrist, "Sure thing, Miss Park. We'll be back and ready before you can say my full name!" Jihyo smiles widely as she hears her name being called repeatedly to get signed in. 

 

She really shouldn't have packed so much stuff because Sana felt like her shoulders were going to snap in two like fragile twigs. Nayeon begun to lead the way after seeing Sana slow down, "If you don't wanna miss your girlfriend, I suggest you spee

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter