Final

Just Confess Already

I lean against Kun as he spazzes about Chenle pouring too much pancake batter into the pan. “Remember when we first found out we liked each other?”

Kun sighs stressed out as the younger boys messed up something as simple as pancakes. “Don’t remind me, it was so embarrassing.”

“Yah.” I nudge him.

“I mean it was also one of the happiest days of my life but still you can’t blame me when I say it was embarrassing!” His eyes widen as Donghyuck accidentally sets fire to a dish towel. He takes off quickly to save the day.

I laugh, I guess he was right.

-

(3 years ago)

Lunch was my favorite period of the day. Why you might ask?

Well it just so happens that my lunch table gives me the perfect view of my long time crush, Qian Kun. He was Chinese and moved here when he was a sophomore. We were seniors now and I can count on two hands the amount of times I’ve actually talked to him.

I was asked to show him around school his first day here but his korean wasn’t good at the time so unfortunately we didn’t do much talking. And after that since we didn’t talk we didn’t really become friends. He made friends with one of the other Chinese students Sicheng.

We also have been paired up to do two projects together since then and even though we got along great I still don’t think he considered me even a friend.

Now as a senior he’s friends with most of the international students. Ten, Lucas, Johnny, Yuta, and Sicheng.

My eyes find him as he moves with his tray of food to his table. The chair beside me is pulled out and Jaehyun is sitting down next to me.

“I see you’re already up to stalking Kun.” He smirks as I send him a glare.

“I’m not stalking him.” I huff moving back to stare at my food.

“Mmmhmm, sure.” Jaehyun remarks as Mark sits down across from him, Jungwoo sitting beside Mark. They were my cover when I snuck looks at Kun.

Speaking of Kun I sneak a glance at him again and notice he’s got his perfect smile on his face. He was smiling at something Lucas had said.

I slam my hand onto the table causing Doyoung who was getting ready to sit beside me flinch. “That’s ing it, I’m killing him.” The people from the neighboring table glance at me confused but shortly after go back to their business

Doyoung already knowing what I was referring to sits down and sighs. “Or you could just you know man up and confess to him?”

I look at him like he’s crazy. “Killing sounds easier.”

“My god.” Doyoung rolls his eyes. “If you won’t say anything I will.” He pushes himself into a standing position and my eyes widen.

“No you will not!” I wrap my arms around his waist to pull him full force back into his seat holding him there.

I hear him sigh once more. “You’re so childish, what’s the worst that could happen.”

“He could reject her.” Mark shrugs to which I pout.

“Good one Mark.” Jaehyun snorts.

“I hate you guys.”

Suddenly someone is clearing their throat drawing our attention towards them. I squint, Lucas was standing between Mark and Jungwoo staring directly at me. I pull away from Doyoung who sassily grabs his chopsticks to shove food into his mouth.

“What?” Jungwoo is the first to speak.

“Can I talk to you Hana?” He says.

“Me?” I point at myself. Why would he need to talk to me?

“Yeah you.” He nods adding a laugh at the end.

“Um,” I glance at Mark who was as equally confused as I was over to Lucas’ table where the rest of his friends stared in our direction. “Sure.”

I stand up and follow him out of the cafeteria until we’re standing by a row of lockers.

“What did you need?” I ask him.

He laughs awkwardly. “You aren’t by chance dating Doyoung are you?”

I felt my forehead crease. What kind of question was this? Especially coming from Lucas of all people? He had a girlfriend?

“Why do you need to know that?” I ask him crossing my arms over my chest.

He shrugs seeming like he could honestly care less if I was dating Doyoung or not. “It just seems like you guys are, that’s why I asked. I’m pretty up on who’s with who but I wasn’t sure with you and him.”

I snort, I guess he had convinced me for now. “Doyoung and I are just friends. I don’t see how you could even think we are dating?”

He nods. “I see.”

“Was that all you needed?” I ask him, still kind of confused why he needed to know.

“Mmm.” He hums.

“Is he bothering you?” A third voice cuts into the conversation. Well what was left of it anyways. My heart beat increases at the voice, I knew who it was without even seeing his face.

I glance at Kun who was eyeing Lucas weirdly. “Um no, he was just-.”

“I was just asking if she was dating Doyoung that’s all.” Lucas shrugs to which Kun rolls his eyes.

“How’s that any of your business?” Kun scolds him. If there’s one thing I knew about him the most it was that Kun was basically a mom. Kind of a naggy mom.

Lucas again shrugs. “It’s not really, I was just curious.” He smiles and nods his head towards me. “And now that I know she’s not dating him, I’ll be on my way. My food is waiting for me.”

And with that Lucas leaves the two of us alone.

Kun awkwardly laughs. “Sorry about him.”

I wave it off. “It’s okay, but I’m not sure exactly why he asked that? I hope he’s not planning on messing around on his girlfriend?”

Kun’s eyes widen. “Oh he would never, he’s too whipped for her. I mean you should see him around her.”

I laugh. “Oh well I’m glad, but still confused.”

“Sorry that’s just how he is, random and all.” He smiles and I have to resist the urge to grasp at my chest at the sight.

“Well I'd better get back to my table, I’ll be lucky if Doyoung and Jaehyun haven’t helped themselves to my food in my absence.”

Kun seems sorry about the thought of my food being stolen and crosses his arms. “I’ll buy you lunch tomorrow to make up for it.”

My heart takes a hit with that one. “Um sure if you’re up for it.”

“Of course.” He smiles and I take another hit. I was desperate for a way to escape before I embarrassed myself. That’s when I see Mark heading down the hall towards the bathroom.

“Okay great, thanks!” I cheer lightly as Mark notices me, his eyes move to Kun and he seems surprised. I quickly grab onto Mark yanking him towards me.

“Oh, Hana. What’s wrong?” Mark whines glancing towards the bathroom down the hall.

“Nothing.” I say through my teeth. “We’ll be going then!” I smile towards Kun before wrapping an arm over Mark’s shoulder to drag him away back towards the lunch room. He was reluctant in doing so, whining about having to use the bathroom. But I ignore him.

Once we’re back at the table Doyoung snorts at my hold on Mark.

“Mark I thought you had to use the bathroom really bad?” Jaehyun smirks.

“I thought so too.” Mark remarks, sweat forming on his forehead.

I release the poor boy who hauls back into the hallway. I move to my seat and find I was right about my lunch being gone. I glare at Doyoung and Jaehyun.

“Pigs.” I scoff.

“What’d pretty boy want?” Jungwoo asks referring to Lucas.

I glance at Doyoung and laugh. “He asked if was dating Doyoung.”

Doyoung chokes on his water and goes into a coughing fit. Jaehyun and Jungwoo burst out laughing.

“Me?” Doyoung says seeming disgusted at the thought. “As if I’d ever even think about dating you?”

I scowl. “Yah, I’m not that bad!”

Doyoung squints. “Do I need to bring up the many embarrassing childhood memories that I know?”

I glare. “You wouldn’t.”

He shrugs. “I would.”

Jaehyun, the logical one interrupts us. “Why was Lucas curious about that of all things?”

I shrug, since I too was confused. “Honestly I’m just as confused as you.”

Doyoung rolls his eyes. “He’s a loud mouth and always wants to know everyone’s business, why are you all surprised?”

Jaehyun shakes his head. “He’s never asked anyone else about who they’re dating or not dating?”

Jungwoo hums in agreement. Him and Lucas were good friends, as they live near one another.

Jaehyun glances at Jungwoo. “Try talking to Lucas to see why he asked.”

Jungwoo nods. “Mmkay.”

Mark slumps up to our table and Jaehyun laughs. “Did you make it?”

Mark slowly nods. “Yeah I about died though.” He rests his hand on his stomach.

I laugh at him as he pouts slowly sitting down.

“Don’t laugh, it was urgent!” He whines.

-

The next day when I get to the lunch table Kun is sitting in the seat Jungwoo usually sits in. I do a double take and smack Mark across the arm.

“Am I seeing things?” I say as Mark groans at the sting from the smack.

“Huh, surprisingly you aren’t. Kun is sitting at our table.” He squints.

Mark and I move to walk past the table whenever Kun stands. “Hana.”

I freeze and glance at him. “I brought you the lunch I said I’d bring you.”

Mark lightly smirks as he sits down with his lunch box beside Kun. Right, he did say he’d get me lunch today.

I sit down in my usual seat and Kun opens up his lunch box sitting a box in front of me. He nods towards it.

I open it and I’m surprised to find a homemade lunchbox inside.

“Wow this looks so good!” I exclaim a small smile forming on my lips.

Mark leans over the table to look. “Wow did you make that yourself?” He looks towards Kun.

He nods. “Yes I did!”

Kun hands over some chopsticks and I go to take a bite. Right as I do Jaehyun pulls out his chair beside me.

“Oh hello Kun.” Jaehyun smiles, sending Mark a weird look probably asking what the was going on.

The other chair beside me pulls out and Doyoung sits his tray down. “Holy ,” he draws my attention towards him. “Did you finally confess to him?”

I hear Mark spit out his food, his chopsticks falling to the table. Jaehyun snorts.

My cheeks burn red as I stare at Doyoung.

Doyoung’s got a huge smirk on his face. This knew I didn’t confess. He just wanted to ruin my life. It’s what best friends do.

I sit my chopsticks down and my gaze turns into a glare. “I’ve been wanting to kick your since yesterday.” My hands form into fists as I stand up towering over him.

Doyoung laughs not even bothering to look up at me, he just opens his milk carton. “Oh please we both know who’d win.”

“Yo!” Lucas’ voice booms as he skips (yeah that’s right, skips) up to our table.

I glance over at him and then back to Doyoung.

“So Kun did you ask her out yet?” Lucas says nonchalantly.

Doyoung sits his milk down seeming surprised. He glances up at me. “Did I just hear him right?” I shake my head, wait? Lucas really said that? I didn’t imagine that?

“Lucas!” Ten says running up to yank on Lucas’ arm. “You weren’t supposed to say anything!”

My eyes lower to Kun who had his head resting in one of his hands out of embarrassment.

I quickly sit down and raise my hand into the air. “Wait.” I pause.

“So you both like each other?” Doyoung states, he snorts shaking his head finally taking a gulp of his milk.

Jaehyun claps his hands together. “Well this just works out perfectly.”

Lucas seems confused. “Wait so you did confess right?”

Kun pulls his head out of his hands. “I mean no, but there’s no point now is there?”

I laugh at this entire situation. This was like something out of a movie.

Lucas nods as Ten drags him off to his table. I notice Jungwoo high five Lucas as they get over and that’s when it hits me. Those es planned that, Lucas coming over here playing dumb to out Kun was their plan. They both knew we liked each other.

I can’t say I’m mad about what they did either.

Doyoung leans forward towards Kun. “You know just yesterday she was threatening to kill you?”

Kun’s eyes move to Doyoung. I slap Doyoung across the back of the head. “Shut up!”

Doyoung sends me a glare but goes back to eating.

And so after that awkward lunch Kun and I began dating.


A/N: Hope you enjoyed! Sorry for any mistakes!