Don't be nervous, it's your loss

Bread Wars
Please log in to read the full chapter

When it came to words and wit, Chaewon was second to none. Her tiny unassuming demeanor may have made her look like an easy target. However, they would be proven wrong by the end of a simple conversation, and the look of stunned silence once the realized they've underestimate was her reward.

 

While anyone can throw shade, Chaewon preferred more delicate and subtle touches and attempts than outright mockery. It was her style to wrap it in nice little package and deliver it with the prettiest voice she could muster. After all, she was a princess and princesses were elegant and graceful.

 

In contrast, her smiling friend Yerim was a clumsy ball of excitement, and sadly for the flowers, her inability to contain it was the cause of their demise.

 

"What happened here?" they were asked as they re-entered the crime scene of flowery mess

 

Chaewon wasn't the type who'd stay quiet "Oh, I'm feeling like I saw someone shaking flowers like this..." imitating how the other shook the bundle just a moment ago

 

"Shhh" Yerim motioned to keep it under wraps

 

"Actually, I don't know who did it~" right next to the culprit who caused the bits and stems to fall, Chaewon gave her finest 'I don't know but it’s obviously her'

 

The sunshine like girl could only laugh in embarrassment at being blatantly ousted in front of LoonaTV.

 

Laughter and mild annoyance were the typical response to her teasing, because none of the members had an answer for her antics. Well, maybe except for one tall girl who kept revolving around her. Their little banter surprising bought them closer together in the strangest of ways.

 

Slowly but surely, they bonded over their mutual love of teasing the other ten and any unsuspecting soul who happened to cross paths with the two.

 

There was that time she imitated Heejin's half-hearted cheer "Chuu unnie, fighting~", only to earned her a high five from Hyunjin and her hands that Chaewon swear were at least twice the size of hers.

 

So when she found herself next to the tall one waiting for their turn to take a mug shot for their debut album, it was time to do what they did best.

 

"We're not close, how can we take a natural selfie?" Chaewon made the first move, knowing this was going to end up in the highlight reel of LoonaTV

 

"Sheeesh!" Hyunjin gestured her to shush in front of the camera. She could tell the other was also enjoying this a bit too much as both of them can't hold back their laughter, wondering how long it'll take for the hapless cameraman to realize he was the target of their trickery.

 

Continuing the momentum, Hyunjin initiated a 'friendship game', a very physical game involving hand clashes. Chaewon instinctively called for her savior 'Yves unnieeee~" to make it look like a tiny butterfly was being chased by a gigantic cat, swiping its large paws at the fluttering wings.

 

As expected, the game was a tad on the aggressive side and the slapping sounds attested to the fierceness. But this was just for show; if the other wanted to run her over, Chaewon knew she wouldn’t stand a chance.

 

The two of them were unstoppable as Hyunjin continued the charade, suggesting they were close, to which Chaewon immediately refuted "No! We're not close!” This earned a fake frown from the other and ended in laughter for all.

 

Satisfied at successfully pulling off another show on the oblivious cameraman, they naturally had their arms around each other as they basked in the glory of the triumph.

 

Chaewon was so small next to Hyunjin, her tiny figure fitting into the taller one, perfectly wrapped in Hyunjin's arms. It felt warm, kind of like a snuggling next to a cat, without the hassle of dealing with the leftover fur.

 

At the sight of this, her best friend smiled and shook her head to state the obvious “They look way too close.”

 

Perhaps triangle lip was right and they were starting to get a bit close, but Chaewon didn't mind it at all. As time went on and the two of them spent more time together, they somehow managed to become awkward, savage and caring at the same time.

 

Well, she got to say Chaewon wasn't too different than the cat like one, only her style was different. Chaewon had a thing with random dances while Hyunjin likes to do, what could only be described as weird things that no one in their right minds would do.

 

Things like catching a stash of paper money splashing from a machine with the help of her very large hands or the way Hyunjin played around with candy. Instead of eating like any other normal human being, she threw them into mid air, opened as wide as possible to catch the piece of jelly.

 

Upon succeeding, she flashed another one of her signature victory smile along with her thumbs up.

 

Chaewon's lips parted at the sight. It was the same smile from that time, the sa

Please log in to read the full chapter