01 Stargazing

The cat is my roommate (Yoongi x OC)


 

 

Hannah smiled back at him, the colleague she knew for over a year now. Seeing him smiling at her so brightly without breaking the eye-contact felt like something she was forbidden to do.

 

She knew that he had a girlfriend, but why did talking with him feel so good?

 

Moonbin – he was not the most handsome guy that walked on this planet, but there was that something that clicked in between them. Though he was younger by four years, his witty jokes and sarcastic sense of humor, that honest smile and twinkling eyes which she sometimes felt – were reserved for her only, all that left her being into him.

 

Not to mention that her fantasies of him usually left her wondering – how would sinking into his embrace feel like?

 

How stupid. She knew that but still, her thoughts tended to drift away whenever they were together.

 

Only few weeks before meeting him, as an aspiring novelist she was – Hannah heard – Your stories lack that human factor...” from her editor. After that she sure felt like being struck by an overwhelming disappointment towards herself.

 

Till now she’s been challenging herself with writing different types of stories, various styles, with her favorite genre – fantasy, being at the very top. Since using made up characters and putting them into a thrilling background of her plot was what she found most fun to do.

 

But with each story showed to her editor, one by one seemed to be more lacking.

 

Romance, drama, down to earth people and behaviors – our readers need something that they can relate to Hannah-yah~. Even though that spark you give to your stories with the style you use is quite enchanting, something’s missing.” she heard from her editor.

 

Starting today – we will not publish any of the stories you presented to us lately.” was the judgment and so with a promise of improving her writing, she bowed her head low as a goodbye.

 

Determined to prove her worth, she walked on the road of reading people as they were.

 

That was the reason why she started looking for a part-time job and chose places often visited by tens of different people, just so she could learn about them. Though staying in the small apartment inherited after her grandmother was what she mainly did – Hannah decided that it was enough.

 

No matter how much stress it could cost her. The time of coming out to people was there.

 

She never thought of herself as an outgoing person, with how much it usually took her to open up to people – Hannah never tried reaching out first to anyone. Thinking of the possible contact with others as bothersome, she stayed focused on the world developing inside her head.

 

If there was a worldwide competition for daydreaming, she could gain a main prize or at least end up in the top 3 for sure. However that state of mind was her comfort zone and now she had to reach beyond it.

 

That’s why she chose a convenience store to work at for three days a week and additionally – what was the most shocking, she decided to apply for a waitress at one of the most popular night clubs in downtown.

 

With that measure she truly conquered boundaries of her non-existent talkativeness and introverted personality. Even though she was keeping most of her thoughts to herself, there was one thing that could drive her mad.

 

Injustice.

 

No matter form. Hannah could fight to death and put forward ruthless statements to prove someone’s wrong standpoint. If she was to live in the Harry Potter world, a raging tiger or a bull could’ve probably be her Patronus – is what she used to think.

 

Hannah was on her way back home form the club with a six-pack of canned beer in one hand and a bag with takeout fried chicken in the other. It was late at night and she was looking everywhere around or above her but not under her feet.

 

Today she forgot herself again. Joking with Moonbin, overextending the sudden eye-contacts between sentences just because it felt good – at times like that she didn’t care about his or his girlfriend’s feelings.

 

Only after leaving that place, she felt wrong. Her insides were cringing and that’s why she dropped on the convenience store on the way. To her – beer tasted best while drunk alone. Or at least that’s what she tried to tell herself.

 

Two servings of chicken were an addition she couldn’t decline. That crispiness and spices put into it were something she wouldn’t have found if it wasn’t for her working at the club.

 

Pros & Cons of getting out of your comfort zone – she thought while recalling judging looks of other females working at the club as till now she didn’t befriend any of them.

 

Out of everything that has happened tonight, she had one more reason to get drunk.

 

Reached by some weird rumors, Moonbin’s girlfriend confronted her after their shift was over. He didn’t know about it, but Hannah ended up with a swollen cheek at the end of that talk.

 

Maybe I deserved it. She thought even though all she did with Moonbin was just talking comfortably. Was it so wrong that it required permission from his girlfriend?

 

Hannah couldn’t feel more torn as her cheek kept itching, almost burning.

 

They knew each other from a previous employee gathering, to which Moonbin invited his girlfriend. That’s how she recognized her.

 

Who do you think you are?! Do you think Moonbin will fall for you? I heard from the girls that you try hard to get familiar with him! Stay away from him – you get me?!”

 

Thanks to her female coworkers there was no end to those accusations. Did she feel that they were justified? Did she feel as the one to blame? Why didn’t she say anything to defend herself? Hannah thought and just stayed hiding behind an expressionless facade, since she was good at it.

 

Even though now all she did was rethinking what happened inside her head. Imagining what could she say or what kind of turn that situation could’ve taken if she just spoke out to defense herself.

 

What could I say to her? She thought – that I’m only watching from afar? That I’ll never take the initiative to change what was between her and Moonbin into something deeper – because she just knew that he was not for her?

 

Or because just as much she longed for someone’s close presence, she was also afraid of sharing her personal space with anyone.

 

In solitude – there she stayed. With sealed lips and a loud mind which she could pour into her stories.

 

Hannah grasped the beer six-pack in a way so one of the still cool cans could touch her red cheek. She sighed at how good the cold metal felt on her skin.

 

Moonbin won’t know about what happened, at least not from me.” Hannah thought. She was already close to her home and suddenly heard loud meowing coming from around the corner.

 

There it was – the cat she used to see almost everyday ever since moving into the inherited apartment. Though she always found herself to be the dog person – that cat with dark auburn and splattered with white fur paved itself a way to her heart.

 

“Hello~” She greeted it with the same, cheerful voice as always. Was it the only being she treated in such way? Except her closest family – yes.

 

Peachy bow with a golden bell was hung around its neck and that’s why she thought that it must’ve had an owner. It rung clearly in the flooded with dark, empty street.

 

The cat rubbed onto her legs before she saw it sniffing the bag with fried chicken – “Are you hungry?” Hannah asked right away and crouched down.

 

“Why aren’t you at your home kitty?” she continued to ask while the cat kept fawning all over her.

 

“No chicken for you today. You’ll turn into a fatty if I keep on feeding you – I gave you some last time.” Hannah pouted at the cat and petted its head gently.

 

“Where’s you home? Or your owner?” she asked when it looked at her with those shiny, hazel eyes and meowed loudly again.

 

The cat didn’t respond and it was natural. What did I expect? Hannah smiled at it and sighed.

 

She stood up and gave the cat one last look. “Sorry kitty, I got to go now. Now that I have few days off – distancing myself from the world is waiting for me.” She said and after turning over her shoulder few meters later – realized that the cat was not there anymore.

 

Went looking for food somewhere else probably since I didn’t give it any. Hannah thought. Was I just one of many options? Crossed her mind.

 

She started with a shower after getting back home. Later, with the heated up chicken and re-cooled beer fresh out of the fridge – she went out on the small balcony that belonged to her bedroom.

 

Dressed in pajamas, with her still moist, black hair tangled up into a messy bun – she sat on her favorite, wicker armchair with fluffy pillows on it. Since the weather was nice & warm with the clear sky above her, Hannah stared at it while casually going through one by one can from the six-pack.

 

Endless canvas of dark blue splattered with millions of stars. She thought and put the cold can to her swollen cheek again. Remembering what happened at front of the club for the n-th time that night, Hannah imagined how she was going to spend her days off.

 

I shouldn’t be tormenting myself with what happened. Hannah sniffled uncontrollably as her eyes became watery. I should forget about the people who left me suffocating like this. She thought and wiped the corners of her eyes with a sleeve.

 

But was she able to control herself when it came to Moonbin? Could she really forget him?

 

Was alcohol the cause? The full stomach, warm air, enchanting city view or just the coziness of the pillows around her – as in no time, she fell asleep.

 

 



 

 

 

Bright sunbeams coming into her bedroom were what woke her up. She cringed while trying to regain her eyesight and somehow dodge the bright light shining on her face. How did I get here? Such thought crossed her mind as she didn’t recall getting into her bed last night.

 

She touched her temples and then tried to cover her eyes with the same palm. The moment she moved, a familiar sound of a golden bell resonated inside the room. Due to being hungover, it took her a while to recognize who was the owner of that bell.

 

Is the cat is here?! Hannah opened her eyes and with furrowed eyebrows was about to look around when she finally felt his arms wrapping around her, pulling her closer.

 

There he was, to her side laid – a young male with dark auburn hair and pale skin. His skin seemed to be glowing in the bright sunlight falling through the window. The sight of his long eyelashes and soft, pink lips took her by surprise as she found herself face to face with him. Only an inch away.

 

While being pulled closer, Hannah had no other choice but to place her palm on his exposed chest to somehow stop him from completely closing the distance between their chests & cheeks. As everything what happened ever since she opened her eyes seemed to be like rather a dream than reality, Hannah found it hard to bring any kind of sound out of herself.

 

She could hear him under the touch of her warm hand and felt him pressing at her back with more force.

 

Last thing she noticed about him before he snuggled his face into her neck was the peachy bow with a golden bell tangled around his neck.

 

Such choker? Hannah furrowed her eyebrows.

 

The cat had the same...?! she couldn't stop thinking.

 

That’s impossible! Hannah thought and felt thr wave of excessive embarrassment storming to her cheeks when his lips caressed the exposed skin at her collar bone. She could feel his hot breath tangling her neck as he traced higher with his lips.

 

The moment she felt him biting onto her skin slightly – a loud squeal came out of as she pushed him away.

 

 

-to be continued-

 

 



 

 

 

 

I hope that you enjoyed this short introduction. Let me know what you think ^^

 

As today is a Cat Day here were I live – I just had to post the 1st chapter already.

Stay tuned for more and leave a comment please. Thank you!

 

Special thanks to lezorel & si1verfox for trusting enough in the foreword only. ^^ Your support is priceless