04. Compromise

Erased.

 

“Let’s head inside” Momo said releasing from the hug and Mina nods in agreement. Mina still couldn’t believe everything happened a while ago, she just kissed Momo and the singer still wants to be friends with her after she confessed. Trying to calm the erratic beating of her heart, she followed behind Momo. Everyone’s already on their respective rooms and only the two of them are left awake. She noticed that instead of going straight to her room, the singer went to the couch, positioning herself to sleep.

“Are you going to sleep here?” Mina asked, worried that Momo settled on the couch instead of a comfortable bed.

“Yes” Momo replied, still fixing herself in the couch to find the most comfortable sleeping position.

“But – “

“I can’t sleep in the same room with Sohye after your confession” Momo cut her off and it makes her face flush so hard that she had to cover her face with the back of her palm. She wanted to squeal upon hearing the words. Oh my God, Mina, calm down.

Clearing , she tried to soothe the beating of her heart. She’s happy that Momo wouldn’t have to sleep in the same room with the girl but she’s a bit worried that because of her, Momo would sleep in an uncomfortable couch.

“Don’t worry, I’m fine. I can sleep everywhere” Momo suddenly spoke when she noticed that Mina isn’t moving in her position and was thinking hard to help her, she assumed.

“O-okay, Goodnight” she said under her breath, believing that Momo’s really fine sleeping there. With a last glance at the singer, who is now dozing off, she went ahead to her room with Sana. I don’t think I can sleep tonight. She thought, touching her lip, replaying their kiss on her mind.

++

 

“Momo, why didn’t you sleep in our room?” Sohye was bombarding Momo with questions early in the morning. She woke up seeing Momo sleeping in the couch at the living room. Mina then just went outside her room, a bit lightheaded since she couldn’t sleep at all.

“Good morning” Momo glanced at the her and Mina couldn’t believe that the singer just greeted her in front of Sohye. Well, she wouldn’t complain, and she couldn’t deny the satisfaction she felt when she saw the irritated look of Sohye.

Mina replied with a bow and a quiet “good morning” and sat across the two. Momo is busy writing something, some music, Mina assumes, and the kid is all around the singer, feeling entitled over Momo. But when Sohye linked an arm around the older girl, it made her twitch, suddenly clearing .

Momo, noticing the sudden change of Mina’s mood, she dropped what she’s doing and looked at Sohye with dead eyes, as if Momo’s done with her invading her personal space. With just a glare, Sohye backs off, retreating her arms around Momo’s and sat properly on her seat. Mina was surprised with what Momo did. She felt relieved and special that the singer’s been always considerate of her feelings, like avoiding physical contact with Sohye. What are you doing to me, Momo? Mina thought, as she’s falling deeper in love with the singer.

In a moment, Sana went out of their room, ruffling her hair. As if she saw what she’s looking for, she went towards Mina. “Mina, I couldn’t sleep at all last night, with you rolling over on the bed all night. What’s your problem?” the brunette frustratingly said which earned Momo’s attention as she turned her head towards the subject, Mina.

Mina suddenly felt embarrassed, she pulled Sana away from the living room, away from the two.

“Hey, you don’t have to announce that” Mina said in a hushed tone, so no one could hear her aside from Sana. The brunette having this speculation that something happened between the two arises.

“So, what happened before you went to our room that made you silently squeal and roll over the bed last night that you have to compromise my sleep, I need a detailed explanation” Sana demanded, and Mina sighed as she knew, she’s ought to tell her everything.

++

 

The group decided to play outdoor games at the beach, volleyball to be specific. It was a fine sunny day, and everyone’s in their swimming outfits, except for Momo who didn’t remove her outer shirt. The game started with Momo, Mina and Chaeyoung in one team and Sana, Jeong, and Sohye in the opposing team, splitting the two small beans in separate group. Jeongyeon initiated the game with a serve, and Mina was quick to receive it. Momo saw how athletic Mina was, and it’s also apparent with her toned body. With her thoughts drifting away from the game, she wasn’t able to dodge the ball that’s trajectory going to hit her head.

“Oh my God” Mina was panicked and immediately attended to Momo, who’s now lying on the sandy beach still dazed with the numbing headache caused by the hard hit of volleyball against her temple. Her eyes barely open with the blazing sun above them and all she could hear are her friends asking her if she’s fine. Then she felt a soft and warm hands touched her burning forehead. The owner of the hand smells nice and she’s sure it belongs to Mina when she spoke. “Let me take you to the shed”

The group helped Mina bring Momo to the nearest beach chair with umbrella. When the singer had settled down, the group returned to continue the game without the two, Mina stayed behind Momo.

“Are you feeling any better?” Mina asked worriedly, seated beside Momo still caressing her head with her soft hands. When Momo opened her eyes, her eyes landed on the beautiful features of Mina, and travelled down to her exposed skin. Momo averted her gaze, suddenly feeling hot all over and feeling a bit of guilt for her eyes have sinned.

“Y-yes I’m feeling better” Momo answered and Mina felt relieved. The older girl took the dry towel beside her and put it around Mina’s shoulder, covering her upper body. Mina was a bit confused at the gesture and gave the singer a questioning look.

“You have to guard yourself from me” Momo said explaining her actions. Mina is so attractive, Momo knew the moment the girl confessed to her, she has every opportunity to take advantage of her, but she doesn’t want to. She wanted to be fair with Mina.

“I don’t need to” Mina suddenly spoke, realizing what Momo meant. “because I trust you” she continued. Momo saw the sincerity in Mina’s eyes. Mina has beautiful eyes, very innocent, very pure. Why does this girl trust me so much, I couldn’t even trust myself?

“Uhm, I’ll go get some ice for your head” Mina said standing up from the chair, but Momo grabbed her hand stopping her from her tracks. “I’m okay, don’t leave”

Mina felt her heart began to panic at the words. Momo wanted her to stay. She doesn’t know why it sounds so out of context. Don’t leave. These are just two simple words, but it holds a deeper meaning to her. She complied, returning to her seat. Then there was a momentary silence, but a comfortable one. They are both sitting sharing the same beach chair, under the shed of the umbrella. Then Mina broke the silence with a curious question.

“What happened with Nayeon?” it was just pure curiosity but when Momo jolts her head, the younger girl felt she asked the wrong question.

“How did you know about that?” the singer asked

“Uhm, when you passed out drunk in your apartment, you unconsciously mentioned her name” she explained which earns a positive nod from Momo.

“I see… Nayeon… well, I guess, we’re just not meant for each other, I used to believe that we’ll be alright as long as we have each other, even though things are rough, we’re okay. But then I realized, I was the only one who thinks that way” Momo said with obvious pain.

“Did she do something bad?” Mina couldn’t help her desire to know everything coming from Momo’s mouth. She wanted to know everything about the singer.

Momo felt sick, remembering how pathetic she was in front of Nayeon. How the girl shamelessly hurt her, forgetting their promises, sleeping with other guy, giving her money because she’s too pitiful. With these thoughts suddenly coming out in the surface, her tears started to flow unconsciously. Realizing that, she harshly wiped her own tears with the back of her palm.

“Sorry” Momo apologized with cracked voice for suddenly crying but Mina instantly gave her a tight hug upon seeing her fragile side. Mina knew that Momo’s been hurt so bad, and she felt her heart sank seeing her still in pain because of that person, she didn’t fight the urge of hugging her right now since it is the only thing she could do for her. Feeling the comfort, Momo rests her head, eyes closed, at the nook of the girl’s neck. They stayed like that for a while, bodies pressed, Mina couldn’t help her heart to beat so fast right now and she doesn’t care if Momo hears them, she’s already exposed so there’s no use in hiding. I love you, I’ll help you get through this and get your smile back.   

++

 

The group returned to the penthouse after the volleyball game. Chaeyoung and Sohye ended up becoming teammates after the two sit out of the game, so both of them lost. Sana and Jeongyeon was laughing so hard at the losers because they couldn’t stop arguing during and after the game.

“Ok, move on from the game will you?” Sana commented to the two small beans and they stopped bickering.

It was almost time for dinner and some of them went to their respective rooms and some took their showers first. Mina approached Momo who is again holding her guitar.

“Am I disturbing you?” Mina asked as she sat beside Momo in the couch.

“Not at all, I’m just trying out this new arrangement for my song” she explained pointing on the score in front of her. Mina took it and hummed the song which surprised Momo with how beautiful Mina’s voice are. She didn’t expect the girl could sing this good.

“This is good” Mina commented

“Well, I never thought that song would sound so good with your voice, you sing so well” Momo expressed her approval with the younger girl’s talent. The girl blushed at the remark, Momo’s praising her too much.

“N-no, it wasn’t like that at all” she denied, suddenly feeling shy. Mina loves music, but she just pursued the ballet because her mother told her to. Now, her love for music is growing more since she’s in love with a musician.

“You’re still talented for me” the singer insisted and took one of the sheets and showed it to Mina. “Can you help me with this part? I just feel something is off with the melody”

Mina studied the score and helped Momo by pointing out parts that needs to be removed and replaced. Momo finds it very fun and she learned so much from Mina, the girl has studied music from professionals. While on the other hand, she always struggles with seeking help in creating music before. She’s always alone, without someone pointing things out for her. She appreciates how Mina eagerly reviewed her drafts and how open she is in expressing her thoughts on her creation.

“Wow, that’s a lot of help, thank you!” Momo was beaming and Mina didn’t fail to notice how relieved Momo looked. Seeing Momo smile is like a highest achievement for Mina. For Momo, Mina is a healer. Everytime the girl is around, she feels a part of her is restored, healed. Call her selfish, but she likes Mina’s presence.

Dinner was served, everyone was at the table and they feast again in the sumptuous gourmet meal. Sohye looked at Mina, who is sitting beside Momo, she felt that the two suddenly became closer in just a night. When she thought she had the upper hand with the singer, the next morning Momo became distant towards her. She really liked Momo, but seeing her loosen up and smile often with Mina, she can’t be selfish, can she? I guess, someone already won.

 

After eating, they went to the pool for some night swimming and a bit of drinking. Seeing Momo uninterested made the younger girl wonder why Momo doesn’t like swimming. Feeling a bit comfortable approaching the singer, she bravely walked towards her at the side of the pool. Momo was listening to music at the poolside while drinking light.

“You don’t want to swim?” Mina asked as she sat beside Momo.

“It’s not that I don’t want to, the case is I can’t swim” she confessed and the younger girl jerked her head hearing the reason why. She stood up, pulling the singer’s arms.

“Come, I’ll teach you” Mina is still pulling her hand trying to convince her that she’ll be alright. Momo feared drowning. But seeing the look in Mina’s eyes made her trust the girl.

Never in Mina’s life have she taught someone how to swim. But she’s confident that she could teach her. She would never let the older girl drown, not on her watch. While the others are at the other end of the pool, they stationed at the shallowest part, which is the opposite end.

Both of them are soaked in the pool, and Mina couldn’t quite focus on teaching now that Momo’s in front of her, with her tank top on that shows much of her skin and toned body. She’s always seen Momo in heavy clothing, pull overs, t-shirts and pants, but this time, Momo’s abs are exposed, and she’s sure her mind’s been a mess inside.

She’s trying to pull her thoughts together to assist Momo properly. The older girl is slowly learning how to float, and now she’s learning how to move around but still with Mina’s guidance. When Momo was about grasp some air, she lost her balance and struggled to stand on her feet so Mina, like a reflex, pull Momo’s waist towards her. In just a quick transition, they end up facing each other, arms clinging around the older’s waist and Mina was sure their faces are less than an inch away from each other as she could feel Momo’s breath against her lips. She couldn’t think straight, she’s too weak when Momo’s this close to her. She wanted to kiss those lips again, she’s always been thinking about the kiss eversince and it never left her mind. She wanted to, but she couldn’t let her greed take over again.

“Thank you” Momo said snapping Mina out of her wild thoughts, releasing the older girl from her grasp.

“N-no worries, I told you, I won’t let you drown” she said trying to sound civil and confident even though her head was having a war.

“Let’s head back inside, you must be tired” the singer suggested going out of the pool.

 

++

 

Sohye decided to switch room with Jeongyeon so Momo wouldn’t have to sleep on the couch because of her.

“I’m really fine sleeping here” Momo insisted, not wanting to bother anyone.  

“But I’m not fine” Sohye retorted. “I know, you don’t want to share a room with me and I feel guilty for imposing you to do that, if only I knew you would sleep here, I would never suggest that” she continued. Momo fell silent.

“Okay, I’ll sleep in the room” Momo conceded in the argument, noticing that the kid is just worried about her. Getting her things from the couch, she approached Sohye, patting her head again, but this time Sohye flinched.

“Don’t pat my head like that again if you want me to stop falling for you more”

Momo froze as she retreated her hand slowly. “I’m sorry” the singer said under her breath as she walked past the girl.

Mina saw that Momo went towards Jeongyeon’s room instead of Sohye’s. She saw the girl slumped against the couch looking glum. Mina couldn’t hate the person seeing her this disheartened. She decided to have a talk with her.

“You look gloomy” Mina commented as she sat across the girl.

“Because I am” Sohye answered feeling a lump on blocking her voice.

“You won” the girl added, which made Mina furrow her brows. Confused.

“What do you mean?” she asked.

“You can make Momo smile, while I can’t, I’m giving up” she stated, feeling defeated. “But really, you two looked good together” she added making Mina’s face flush. It wasn’t like Sohye to tell those things to her, but she thought that this girl is just a normal girl who’s fallen with Momo’s charms like she did. She saw sadness in the girl’s eyes and she felt her heart sank.

“You’re still young, Sohye, you will meet more people who deserves your love” Mina stated, acting like a love counselor to the girl, even though she, herself isn’t experienced.

“Ya! I’m not a kid! I’m 19!” the girl squabbled which made Mina chuckle at how cute her reaction was. Even though she’s nineteen, she looked like fifteen with her height.

“Okay, okay. But your height matches well with Chaeyoung, I think you could hit it off.”

“Now you’re acting like a matchmaker because you’ve been hanging around Momo more often.” She teased which made Mina bite her tongue at the statement. She wouldn’t deny that she’s a lot closer to the singer now. And it was a brand new feeling for her, having Momo’s attention to her is just flattering.

 

++

 

Almost everyone went to their respective room except for Momo who stayed behind the living room to fix her things before heading to sleep since they will leave early tomorrow. When Momo was almost done packing, Mina suddenly went outside her room.

“You’re still here…” Mina said approaching the singer. Momo moved to the side to make space for the girl in the couch while setting aside her things.

“Can’t sleep?” Momo asked as Mina scoots beside her.

“Hmm, how about you?” the younger girl asked turning her head towards Momo. With a glance, Mina couldn’t help but to catch her breath when Momo jerked her head towards her, making her heart beats erratically.

“I just packed my things so I don’t need to rush tomorrow… uh, you want some drinks?” Momo offered and Mina just nods in response and hummed ‘thanks’.

Momo took two bottles of canned beer. She opened one and handed it to Mina, which she gladly accepted. The singer snapped open hers and drink. There was a comfortable silence as both of them were seated near each other, their legs touching a bit. Mina was trying so hard to calm her heart down.

“When are you free?” Momo broke the silence which earned Mina’s attention.

“Ah, in the afternoon, after our classes, and also during weekend. Why do you ask?”

“I want to take you somewhere” the singer said with a warm smile and Mina felt her soul left her body with that adorable smile. Momo is asking me on a date right? It’s a date right?

Mina was dumbfounded and she couldn’t react quickly, not knowing what to say.

“S-sure” she stuttered still dazed by the situation.

Momo took her phone from her bag and handed them to Mina. “Can I get your number so I can pick you up when you’re free” Momo casually said but Mina’s mind is already a mess. With a nervous swallow, she dialed her number and press the call button so she could also have Momo’s number.

“Thanks” Momo said under her breath. It was just a simple exchange of number but this already caused Mina to hyperventilate. She didn’t need to ask for Momo’s number, the singer initiated giving them to her, and it made her feel exhilarated. She doesn’t need to make an excuse to get her digits, and now she has an excuse to message her, to tell her about her schedules.

They stayed in the couch for almost an hour, enjoying each other’s presence. Even without exchange of words, the two finds comfort. With another sip of the beer, Mina is now feeling a bit sleepy, her eyes dropping. In a moment, the girl drifted to sleep, her arms fell unconsciously dropping the empty can of beer. Momo saw that Mina already passed out in the couch, she saw how peaceful her face looked while sleeping soundly. Her eyes scanned Mina’s features, who would not love her face? So pretty. Momo thought as she run her fingers on Mina’s hair, tucking them on her ears. Having a clearer view of the girl’s face, her eyes travelled down to her lips. Momo didn’t know what’s gotten into her, maybe the alcohol had hit her, that she’s now leaning closer to the defenseless girl. Faces inches apart, she can feel the even breathing of Mina against her philtrum. “I trust you”. Like a bolt from the blue, Momo pulled herself away from her, remembering the words Mina told her earlier, cursing herself with how weak her self-control is. She’s not that kind of person but Mina’s been always defenseless around her, the girl is pretty, making it hard for her. Clearing , she decided to fix Mina to lay comfortable against the couch and brought her a blanket, tucking her inside to keep her warm. With a last look at her solemn face, Momo went to her room.

 

++

 

Mina woke up by the noise of people walking around. With half open eyes, she realized she slept at the living room.

“Mina, why did you sleep in the couch?” Sana approached her while she sat up pulling her hair feeling a bit lightheaded, then she saw an empty can of beer in the floor. Right, Momo was with me last night. She recalled.

“I just fallen asleep here, uh, what time are we going?” Mina said changing the topic.

“Within in an hour so you have to hurry, everyone’s almost ready” the brunette said reminding her that she has to hurry as well.

 

When everyone’s ready, Mina and Sana rode the same car they used to ride going to the resort, and the band members and Sohye are in the same rented van. Mina took a quick glance to Momo before she entered the van. They haven’t talked since this morning and she felt a bit disappointed that they would part ways like this. Am I being too attached? Mina pondered.

 

While on her train of thoughts, her phone began to beep and her heart almost jumped out of her chest when she saw who the sender is.

 

MM: Sorry, I couldn’t wake you up last night because I didn’t want to interrupt your sleep, you looked so peaceful.

Mina covered trying so hard not to squeal in front of Sana. She couldn’t believe that Momo would be the one to message her first. Re-reading the message, her mind began to panic thinking of what to respond.

MN: Thank you for bringing me a blanket, that was sweet. Is this okay to say?  But she is really sweet.

She pressed the send button, calming her nerves down. But she’s suddenly becoming anxious that Momo didn’t respond to her last message, maybe the singer finds it inappropriate to say, or irritating? After few minutes, Mina’s phone beeped again and was more than relieved, or rather surprised that made her jaw literally drop by the singer’s response.

MM: You’re so pretty even when you’re sleeping that I almost kissed you. I’m sorry.

“Hello! Earth to Mina” the brunette said snapping her out of her own world-with Momo. Startled at Sana’s voice, she panicked and her fingers accidentally key-smashed and pressed send.

“I don’t think I have to ask who are you talking with that made you-” she was cut off with a sudden wail from Mina.

“W-why are you so loud?” the brunette annoyingly asked. And Mina puts her phone’s screen in front of Sana’s face.

“Sana! She almost kissed me last night! and then you ruined the conversation with your sudden talking and look at my reply” Sana bursts out laughing at her friend.

“Well, if that wasn’t so accurate, don’t worry she’ll find it cute.” Sana said and as if the brunette has a psychic power, a reply from Momo just popped out.

 

MM: That’s cute :)

And Mina’s face flushed red and she couldn’t help but to give her friend a tight hug feeling all giddy at Momo’s reply.

 

++

 

Inside their last class, Mina’s phone suddenly vibrates. She sneakily opened her phone under her desk but she couldn’t hide her excitement upon reading the content.

MM: Are you free later after your classes? I’ll come and get you.

Oh my God! This is it! Mina immediately replied while grinning uncontrollably.

MN: Yes. My last class will end at 5pm :) See you!

“Myoui-ssi, maybe you can share to the class what’s on your phone that made you smile from ear to ear” her professor announced earning her attention and the next thing she knew everyone inside the room is looking at her, including Sana who’s shaking her head.

“I-I’m sorry, Prof. Kang” she bowed feeling embarrassed at her action. But she’s still not over the fact that Momo would fetch her later, taking a mental note that she has to fix herself before going out.

 

++

 

“Mina, what was that about?” Sana asked wanting to confirm what made the girl lost focus in their class. Mina is now applying a light lipstick while looking at her phone’s front camera as mirror.

“She will pick me up at 5” she hastily said not wanting to make the singer wait outside the school’s premises since it’s almost five in the afternoon.

“Oh I see, have you messaged your driver?”

“Yes, I did, thanks Sana!” she quickly grabbed her things and head outside the room. Walking hurriedly outside the building, she was greeted by the presence of a man in a business suit, leaning on his black Maserati Ghibli.

“Jinyoung?” she was confused what’s he doing in her school.

“I have a meeting around this area so I thought I could pay you a visit and we can have some dinner. Let’s go?” the young COO asked while opening the car door for her.

 

++

Momo was waiting patiently outside Mina’s school across the street in her motorbike. When she saw Mina rushing outside the building, she couldn’t help but to smile at the sight, Mina looked so good, a real royalty in this generation. When she was about to wave her hand to catch the girl’s attention, Mina suddenly stopped walking when a good looking man in black suit in front of a luxurious car, greeted her. Momo retreated her hand slowly as she saw the two conversing just across the street.

Her heart dropped seeing them, the man looked so rich and smart, he’s handsome and Mina looked comfortable talking to him. They complement each other. She couldn’t even describe the feeling that suddenly crept up to her, she’s feeling so small that she wanted to disappear.

Momo felt a pang in her heart when the man opened his car door for the girl. She doesn’t know if she could bear to see Mina enter that door. It was unsettling and she could feel her heart beating hardly against her chest. Why am I feeling so anxious? What if Mina entered that door?

Momo’s beginning to doubt everything, Mina’s feelings, her intentions. What if she doesn’t really like me?

Momo was sure she was about to fall on her knees feeling relieved when the girl shook her head to reject the offer and saw the man bids farewell to her before entering his car.

Right after the car drove away, she saw the girl looking around. Realizing that Mina’s looking for her, she again, waved her hand to catch the girl’s attention. Mina saw her, and the girl gave her the widest and brightest smile, and in that moment, all her insecurities were gone and she instantly returned the smile with a warm one.

“Sorry, did you wait long?” Mina asked, panting after hustling to cross the street. Momo, still feeling her heart restless with the scene earlier, made a move that left the girl surprised. She pulled Mina in a tight hug, so tight that Mina could hear the loud banging of Momo’s heart against her chest. It’s deafening. And Mina couldn’t move a muscle with how the girl embraced her, yet she loved this feeling.

Shaking her head in response to Mina’s question, she started to release the girl from her grasp.

“Let’s go” the singer said putting on the helmet to the younger girl’s head and assisted her to climb on her motorbike. Mina put her arms around Momo’s waist like it’s a habit, and Momo slid her lip upwards feeling the soft hands touching her.

 

++

 

They went at the depths of Seoul, where Mina didn’t know that such a place existed. The place is busy, street vendors are everywhere and people are flocking here and there to eat on the street.

“W-what are we doing here?” Mina was frozen in her position, not knowing what to do in this crowded place, but a soft, warm hand was linked against hers, squeezing them lightly like reassuring her that it will be alright. Mina was not the type of person to go to this kind of places, a Myoui will never step a foot to an unsafe looking place. Well, except to Momo’s club.

“I bet you haven’t eaten on the street before” Momo chuckled, teasing the rich girl beside her. Mina just sighed in defeat, she wanted to be with Momo but not in this place, but seeing the singer this excited made her change her mind.

The singer is pulling her towards a small and old-looking diner, it looked like it was built fifty years ago and even the owner looked like the one who has witnessed the world war.

“Grandma, please give us two of the usual” Momo shouted and the old lady approached them in a leisurely pace.

“It’s been a while, child. Is that Nayeon?” the grandma asked, trying to familiarize the girl beside the singer which made Momo immediately change the subject.

“Your eyesight is getting worse, granny, just give us our order”

“Okay, okay”

Mina felt a bit uneasy with the conversation. So Momo’s a regular here with Nayeon. The thoughts are clouding her mind not until Momo held her hands, giving her a smile.

“I’m sorry about that, Grandma just liked Nayeon so much that she’s always looking for her whenever I come here, but I’m sure you’ll love the food here”

Momo has this power to make her feel better, and she doesn’t want to waste their alone time feeling upset. As much as possible, she wanted to make the most out of their first date.

 

The food tasted way better than what she had expected. Really, these are hidden gems, Mina thought. She enjoyed every food stalls they visited and she can claim that this is the best food adventure ever. Momo made everything extra special. The girl would sometimes feed her, would occasionally share a food with her, drink on the same straw with her, and it really do wonders to her fragile heart.

It’s getting late, and Mina couldn’t be happier when Momo has never released her hand from her grasp. They held hands the entire night, now walking at the sidewalk near one of the largest mall in Seoul. In a moment, Mina pulled the singer towards the luxurious mall with something in mind.

They entered this expensive looking shop and a girl dressed in uniform approached Mina.

“Hi, Ms. Myoui, how can we help you?” Momo was surprised that the lady knows Mina, then she realized, Mina might own this shop.

“Please give me the most expensive scarf” she answered and they followed the girl towards the accessories section of the huge store. The sales personnel presented three scarves in a glass shelf, that alone can make it more expensive, Momo has never seen a scarf inside a glass like it was a national treasure in a museum. Still fazed with all of the stunning displays, Mina clutched her hand earning her attention.

“Momo, please choose” Mina said and the singer, with mouth slightly open, was confused with the situation. Seeing her puzzled, Mina began to explain.

“Remember, you gave me your scarf, so I thought I should buy you one, winter will come soon and I don’t want you to catch a cold because you let me have your scarf.”

“B-but that was cheap, it was nothing compared to this, I can almost buy a new keyboard with this price” Momo explained, she doesn’t want Mina to waste another money for her, the girl already bought her expensive things.

“Then I’ll buy you a keyboard” Mina retorted still insisting Momo to let her buy the scarf.

“N-no that’s not my point, Mina, it’s just that, it’s too much, I can’t just let you buy things for me, most specially if this expensive” Momo dejectedly said, but she felt a bit guilty seeing Mina’s crestfallen face.

“O-okay, you can buy them” the singer suddenly changed her mind, “in exchange of any favor you want” she added. Mina’s face brightens at the remark. And Momo finds it very endearing, Mina sometimes acts like a kid.

“Sure, now choose” the younger girl said which made Momo think about what she liked the most among the three, but everything’s just too pretty.

“Can you choose for me instead?” Momo asked in a serious tone, and Mina, having a brilliant idea said, “What if I buy them all instead?”

“NO” Momo was quick to stop Mina which made the girl chuckle, she knew Momo would object and it’s sometimes fun to tease the girl.

“Okay, hmm” Mina scanned the display and she felt that the red scarf will suit the singer more. “This one” she pointed and Momo’s face relaxed seeing her choice. Maybe Momo liked red too.

The sales personnel took the red one and gave them to Mina. Taking the scarf, she faced the singer and then she wrapped the scarf neatly around her neck. Momo couldn’t help but to be blinded with Mina’s pretty face everytime they are this close.

“There, it really suits you” Mina said showing her gummy smile to Momo, feeling proud of her choice.

“I like it too” the older girl said, not even sure if she’s referring to the scarf or to Mina’s face.

 

++

 

Leaving the mall, they are now walking towards the lot where the motorbike was parked.

“Thank you, Momo, I never thought it would be this fun”

“Hmm, I owe you so much, and I’m glad you enjoyed this cheap date” she said. And Mina sure heard her clear when Momo mentioned that it was really a date. She thought she’s the only one who is assuming that this is a date. Momo was more grateful to Mina, the girl’s been helping her forget about Nayeon. For the first time, Nayeon didn’t cross her mind, nor ruined her day. Everything’s just fun with Mina.

Feeling all these butterflies, Mina suddenly remembered that Momo promised that she could ask any favor.

“You said that I can ask any favor from you, right?” she recalled and Momo hums in response.

“Then, can you go to my ballet recital?” she bravely asked, she wanted Momo to plunge into her world. To introduce her to the other side of her.

There was silence, and Mina was nervously waiting for Momo’s response. The singer thought about it carefully, she’s not really fond of ballet, or anything that she finds luxurious. But she promised the girl that she would do anything she asked for and made her reconsider things, and this is Mina’s world, and letting her into her world means a lot to the girl.

“I will” Momo firmly said which made Mina’s heart drop in relief.

“Thank you!” the younger girl said and she couldn’t fight the urge to throw her arms around the singer’s neck in gratification. It really means a lot to her, this is the first time that she asked someone to come to her ballet performance. It’s the first time, that she wanted someone to be part of her world, the world that she used to hate, but knowing Momo made it less unbearable. Loving Momo is like finding a new side to her that she never knew existed, and it’s thrilling.

 

I know this love is real.

 

++

 

A/N: This is the fluff that everyone needed! Enjoy!