Expected Too Much

Falling for a Roleplayer Who's Not a Roleplayer [Short Story]

"Oh my God! I think... Oh my God! I don't want to talk to him." you stopped your friend from combing your hair.

"Why the hell not?" she asked. Looking at you as if you just blurted out the dumbest thing she's ever heard. 

"I don't know... I'm scared...." you answered staring back at the computer screen where you can see your conversation with Zelo.

"Scared of what exactly?" she asked you as she grabbed your make up kit and looked for a lip gloss. 

"I don't know... I really can't think straight right now you know..." you answered as you stopped her from caking your face with make up. "Hey... I don't wanna look like a clown in front of him, okay?" you chuckled but still slightly nervous. She simply rolled her eyes at you and went back to putting some lip gloss on your lips. 

"Hey... I know this is going to sound really corny but  years from now when you look back on your teenage years I'm pretty sure you don't want to have any regrets. You don't want to have 'what ifs' right? So just do it. Who knows this might change your life forever." she said as she finished putting some tint on your pale cheeks.

"Ewww! Where the hell did that come from just now?" you joked. Indeed she was being all cheesy and weird but she made a pretty good point.

 "Hey! Don't judge me. You know how much of a hopeless romantic I am and I believe this might just be your own fairytale." she told you as she clasped her hands together as if she could already see Zelo riding on a white horse coming to rescue you, his damsel in distress, all up in her head. You just stared at her weirdly as she continued on day dreaming. You were planning on teasing your friend some more when suddenly another message from Zelo was sent. "Can video chat now? I have to talk to you. Very important."

You just stared at the monitor still thinking whether you should really do this. No matter how curious you are about what he's gonna say you were still half hearted if you really want to know what that is. Although you already had an idea on what he was about to say, he was going to apologize of course. He caused you so much trouble because of all those photos and for that you're going to have to ask him why he has them anyway. Now you know why you were so scared... You were afraid of finding out his answer as to why he has tons of your photos saved in his computer because you did not want to be disappointed. You hate to admit it but in your heart you somehow hoped that it was because he liked you. And him telling you otherwise would just break your heart.

 

As you were so busy with these trail of thoughts your friend took the keyboard and typed for you. You kept on trying to take it back from her before she could press enter but it was too late. It was already sent: "Okay, oppa."

Immediately a video call request from Zelo popped out on your screen. As you were staring at the accept call button your heart was racing and you palms started sweating. Once again you friend took the liberty of accepting the call for you, she took the mouse but you quickly tried to stop her. It was too late though and the screen popped open showing a tired-looking Zelo on the other line. He was wearing some nerdy glasses and a hoody. He looked really tired, just by looking at his eyebags you could say he hasn't gotten any sleep for the past few days.

 

He just stared at you and your friend weirdly without speaking a single word, you on the other hand stared back at him but with a different expression plastered on your face; It was a look of horror, as if you were so scared of what you were staring at. After what seemed like forever the silence was finally broken by your friend saying that this was very awkward and she's heading downstairs to give you two some privacy. When your friend finally closed the door and left you two by yourselves Zelo removed his hoody from his head and sighed before laughing at you cutely. You did not know what to do so you just laughed along but yours was awkward since you were not even sure at what you two were supposed to be laughing at.

 

"You took so long because you put make up on?" he asked you in Korean. Now your cheeks no longer need blush on since you were pretty sure you got a red as a tomato from what he just said. You felt like cursing your friend for caking you up with make up like this now he's going to think that you're some desperate fan who wants to impress him badly. Seeing how awkward and shy that made you he smiled and told you that you look really pretty in English. You almost died because of that. Trying your hardest not to start giggling and jumping up and down you thanked him. He just smiled and stared at you again. Boy he sure knows how to make you feel awkward!

 

Clearing your throat before speaking you finally asked what it was that he wanted to tell you. Hearing this his smile quickly disappeared replaced with a worried look on his face. "Are you okay?" he asked. "Don't mind them. They would all go away after a while. You know how fans are.... They would forget all these after a week or two. The company's also working on it, they're gonna release a statement tomorrow saying that you are not my girlfriend so you really don't have to worry about anything." he said in Korean. Hearing him say that you are not his girlfriend made your heart drop somehow. What were you thinking anyway?! This is what happens when you let yourself wander too much on your fantasy world. 

 

"Oh," you looked down.  "I'm okay I guess. I mean... Sure the death threats keep on coming but hey I'm still alive." you smiled bitterly. 

"Yeah," he chuckled not catching how disappointed you sounded. "Hang in there. We're gonna get out of this mess." Mess. Oh... Wow! The idea of you guys dating is a mess for him. You wanted to cry but of course you couldn't just start sobbing hysterically in front of him, what would your excuse be? You told yourself you had plenty of time to cry tonight and scold yourself on how stupid you are for assuming that he actually likes you. 

 

You forced yourself to smile and nod at him. He smiled back and asked you how you felt when you found out he was the real Zelo. You tried your best to answer him without your voice cracking from fighting the urge to cry. "You know... Surprised." you answered with a few words as possible to not give you away. "Oh," he mumbled. He seemed to have been expecting a longer answer than that. After that a moment of silence followed once again. Neither of you seemed like they wanted to talk. He looked disappointed and you were doing your best to fight back the tears. Before your emotions overtook you, you finally told him you had to go and lied about some important thing you had to do. You bid him goodbye and tried to gave him the most believable smile you could manage. He then asked you if the two of you could still talk to each other tomorrow. You were pretty sure in your head the answer was no, cause right now you seem to hate him for breaking your heart even though it's actually your fault why you're like this, but a yes just came out of nowhere. After hearing your reply he smiled at you and bid you goodbye as well and that was the end of your conversation.

 

 

 

_______________________

A/N

 

I'M SO SORRY FOR NOT UPDATING FOR HOW MANY MONTHS! I GOT SO PISSED WHEN I LOST MY CHAPTER 6 DURING THE TIME AFF WAS HAVING PROBLEMS WITH THE SERVER THAT I ALREADY GAVE UP ON THIS FIC. BUT NOW I'M BACK. HAHA! SORRY IF THERE IS TOO MUCH DRAMA IN THIS FIC AND LESS COMEDY OR FLUFF. HAHAHAHA! ANYWAY... I HOPED YOU ENJOYED IT. :)