Chapter two

Love lullabies
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Chapter two

 

As soon as the car arrived in the parking lot of the court building, the two Attorneys jumped out of it and ran as fast as they could with their 3 inches high heels.

 

"I hate red lights!"

 

Joohyun said under her breath when they reached the 4th floor. As a result of being late they couldn't catch the elevator and here they were, hanging on the railings and each other just to take another step.

 

"We should definitely hit gym soon, I can't continue like this!"

 

Taeyeon threw har bag over her shoulder and fixed her papers again before heading to the next stairs.

 

"I was pregnant with twins, what is your excuse?"

 

Joohyun smiled teasingly and followed her to support her back to go up.

 

"Hey!! I'm 3 years older than you! Of course, I get tired more easily! Do you even know how much your body changes in three years?? Now do you? Do you??"

 

"Okay, okay just go up! We are so late!!"

 

When they finally reached the 7th floor, they saw someone running to them.

 

"Attorney Kim!! They almost cancelled the meeting!! Where were you??"

 

Taeyeon's eyes went wide as she pushed all her files in the young boy's hands and fixed her appearance hastily and pathetic way.

 

"We're okay, we're okay. Taeil, let's go."

 

"Good luck!"

 

Joohyun watched as Taeyeon walked on her weak legs and how she tried act normal while clutching on the Taeil's arm for support.

 

Oh shoot!!

 

Joohyun ran to the other side of the corridor to reach her client.

 

*********

 

4 hours later....

 

"They want to sue me because they haven't win! Tell me , how was I supposed to win that ??? It's already God's miracle they aren't going to jail! That amount of money is like his maid's daughter's weekly allowance!"

 

They were on their way back to the office and while Taeyeon successfully wrapped up her work, Joohyun was threatened by her terrible client because apparently, she had just tried to lessen the punishment and didn't focus on winning the court.

 

"Just how can I win when his father's flings and illegitimate kids are coming from every corner? And they all wanted their fair share! I'm so done with that family!!"

 

Joohyun was shouting in the car, talking to Siwon on her phone and Yunho on Taeyeon's.

 

"Darling, calm down. I'm going to fix it just don't worry!"

 

Siwon worried voice filled the car as he tried to calm her down while Taeyeon was caressing the younger's hand. Let's just say you aren't safe with an angry Joohyun.

 

"Joohyun we will handle it. It's done, forget about it. right now, I want you to get your stuff from your office, go home quickly and chill out. We still have an important meeting to attend."

 

Yunho reminded her that she wasn't so done today and she had to go back to herself before the meeting. For all she knew first impressions are very important in her job. Or any impression, honestly.

 

After they ended the call, Taeyeon threw all their stuffs in the corner and pushed herself next to her, getting a groan from her friend.

 

"Come on Bae, not that we're not used to this! Remember last year? Shim even got arrested, and a day later he was enjoying the money CSS paid him with everyone in Jeju."

 

She turned to face her and showed her the famous grin of Kim Taeyeon.

 

"Now tell me, any cute boys around you?"

 

Joohyun chuckled and fished out her mirror to check her face for possible running mascara from when one of the daughters had splashed water in her face.

 

"You have to tell me what you're looking for so I can introduce you to someone. One time you want someone like Prince Harry, next moment you want someone like Joker."

 

Taeyeon put her forehead on the thing she didn't know what to call that separated the driver seat from the backside of the van. Privacy.

 

"I don't know actually, none of these things work!"

 

Joohyun who was now almost back to her calm and graceful self, gave her a glance and turned back to her mission of making herself less scary for the two kittens waiting for her to get home.

 

"Stop trying, honestly. You are already the match maker of almost half of the office. You made Yuri meet her man. Why can't you do that for yourself?"

 

Taeyeon pouted and looked at her with puppy eyes.

 

"I don't know! I think someone did some voodoo thing on me! I'm telling you, I've been cursed!"

 

"Yeah sure!"

 

Taeyeon looked at with puppy eyes and pouted.

 

"Come on Joo, make your Unnie happy. Get your Unnie a boyfriend!"

 

Joohyun laughed and patted her back softly. Taeyeon is a beautiful woman, she has a very nice personality and is successful in her career too. She is from a nice family and is not a wild girl and totally not scandalous. As much as she is a very ideal girlfriend or wife, finding her a man was a nightmare. Either she was too picky or the boy was absolutely undeserving.

 

"I'll go through my contacts. Let me see what will I find."

 

Taeyeon smiled widely and hugged her tightly thanking her with kisses on her face. Surely, they got along very well for the last 3 years.

 

The rest of the ride (which was only 5 minutes) went on by Taeyeon complaining about his brother's girlfriend, who, she believes, doesn't know or respect the value of family. And needless to say, they didn't get along well.

 

*******

 

Joohyun very carefully lifted Minhyun from Yeri's arms after putting the sleeping Bona in her seat. Both babies were too tired to wait for their mommy to get them home safe and decided to sleep. Handling two sleeping babies was hard, Joohyun knew that the best and she was already contemplating on her options to get them in their cribs harmlessly.

 

"Thank you dear. Getting them out alone is not easy."

 

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter