Chapter three

Love lullabies
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

 

 

       

 

Chapter three

 

Well, ...

 

I was frozen for some time that seemed like a lifetime in my head.

 

Life is too cruel on me, can we end this cycle of meeting each other completely COINCIDENTALLY?

Get yourself together, you are not someone to shake from these stuffs.

 

And yes, I wasn't one of those girls from drama who tremble when they met th-

 

Before I knew, the two man beside me were standing up for greetings and I had no other choice but to do the same thing.

 

"Good to have you here Attorney Bae."

 

"Nice to see you too, Mr. Oh."

 

Hopefully both of us will act professional, we greet each other professionally, we shake hands professionally and we smile at each other professionally.

 

Finally, everyone went back to their seats and soon a waiter came in through a door in the corner of the room.

 

For a good 5 minutes everyone was busy picking their meals and the weird atmosphere was fading slowly...

 

Ha... Wishful thoughts!!!

 

"Ms. Bae, would you rather Champaign or red Wine?"

 

Mr. Ahn was looking at me with his usual polite smile, waiting for an answer.

 

"I think I pass, thank you."

 

And with that, suddenly the three men in front of me turned their attention to me.

 

"Ms. Bae, I assure you our wines here are the best. If I recall correctly you were quite a wine expert!"

 

Well... If I knew I would be in this situation, I would have never talked about all things I learned about wines from my father with Mr. Oh, the father.

 

"There's no doubt how excellent everything is here but unfortunately I can't drink for a while." cause I'm feeding 2 little babies for some time.

 

Be polite, give them a sweet smile, you can fool them!

 

Hopefully the conversation changed after that, but I could still sense someone was looking at me.

 

Yunho oppa got me some peach tea and soon the waiter was out of the door.

 

"Can we get into business now Gentlemen?"

 

With all these years working, I know for a fact that men would like to talk for at least half an hour about everything before finally discussing the case in hand. So, the only option was that I start the conversation myself.

 

Everyone sat straight and Mr. Ahn cleared his voice.

 

"Recently our company has been busy doing some business in Hong Kong and Singapore and we are almost done with the opening of the new hotels in Europe, as you already know about."

 

The law-firm-side nodded as we remembered the past case that was in my hand almost a year ago. Very bothering one if you ask me but finishing it successfully made me fortune for life.

 

 

 

Mr. Ahn took some files from his bag while the young Mr. Oh continued.

 

"This one is somehow similar to our previous case but a little bit more difficult. The other company that is competing against us is a famous Chinese one, Shang-Shi, if it rings a bell."

 

We started to look over the files that were detailed perfectly. Some new hotels, some stock buying or sharing and some very big resorts.

 

"What can we do for you?"

 

Yunho oppa locks his hands on the table, which meant he was completely in business-mode.

 

CEO Oh looked at us with a smile while we were waiting for him to speak.

 

"First of all, we want you to estimate the chance of us winning these cases, and then we hope you can be on our side during the trials."

 

Kyungsoo turned to look at me, silently asking for my idea. I turned my attention back to the papers in front of me.

 

"Ms. Bae?"

 

Yunho asked me to answer them as I was the one with enough experience to handle these kinds of things just like countless others that I had managed through.

 

"First of all, it's a huge case with lots of profits and of course, lots of troubles. It would be better if we know which one is the priority for you so we can have a clean list of necessities. Although we need to know more about the projects and rivals, I can say it will take a lot of time and energy."

 

I leaned back when I was done speaking, I looked at my best friend, waiting for his piece of mind.

 

Kyungsoo slowly hummed and looked up to face the clients.

 

"It surely gets a lot of time and energy, and by the knowledge I have from Shang-Shi Corp, I have to say that it needs complete focus. Estimating the chances may take some time so we can't really answer now. Can you give us some time?"

 

The three-man looked at each other and finally they agreed to our request. Yunho asked them to give us 4 days which was granted and as soon as the discussion was done, the doors opened and the fragrance of delicious meals welcomed us.

 

During the dinner, men got themselves busy talking about how their works were going and I eased myself out of the conversation, answering small questions here and there.

 

I really hoped that the meeting would go smoothly, but seemed like luck wasn't on my side.

 

Every once in a while, that I looked up, I caught someone looking at me, more like staring at me.

 

Oh Sehun was staring at me all this time. I could feel him looking at me, and the evidence was when I slightly chocked on my bite, although it was unnoticeable for others, the Gentleman in front of me gave me a glass of water in a heartbeat.

 

I took it from him and looked at him.

 

He wasn't smiling. He had his usual expression on but in his eyes, I could see something that I wasn't sure about it.

 

What are you thinking about?

 

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter