Chapter Four

Love lullabies
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Chapter Four

 

"Minnie baby, calm down. Let mommy change you then you can go play with your sister."

 

Joohyun was having the challenge of changing the babies in the morning, and the worst part was that they had ran out of coffee and last night her thoughts didn't let her have much sleep.

 

Bona was successfully changed and on the play mat with her toys and Minhyun was whining to get to his sister, which made it even harder for Joohyun to change his diaper.

 

"Need any help?"

 

She turned to the voice that came from the door. shocked and surprised, Joohyun let go of Minhyun's legs and stared at the elderly woman standing there with her charming smile on.

 

"Mom, what are you doing here? I said I will drop them myself."

 

Joohyun's mother, Bae Eunsoo, was a beautiful woman in her early 50's. And there was no doubt that Joohyun has taken after her mother. They had the same nose, lips and eyes. Although Joohyun's chin was a little bit similar to both her parents, her forehead was coming from his father.

 

"I was shopping earlier and thought that you will need help, it wouldn't be bad to have some free time for yourself too."

 

She had put her bag on the sofa and went to Bona and gave her a kiss while the younger giggled as she saw her favorite Mama has come.

 

"Get him ready. I will take Bona first."

 

"No let me help you, their bags are heavy." Joohyun finished changing Minhyun and sat him on her lap to put his socks on.

 

"Your father will come up now, he was parking earlier, where are your car keys?"

 

"Dad came too? Didn't he have to attend the seminar?" She pointed to the table where the Keys were. They had to switch the car seats between the cars for the babies.

 

"It somehow got cancelled and he is off today. We were thinking about taking the kids to the baby cafe, what do you think?"

 

Joohyun frowned. "No please, the last time was a disaster, there are still many things they can't eat, they will just cry their heart out if the see another one of those colorful cakes."

 

Her mother nodded and at that time the door opened again and her Dad came in.

 

"Hi Dad."

 

"Hey sweetheart, how's my baby girl doing?"

 

Joohyun went forward with Minhyun in her arms, jumping up and down upon hearing his voice. She kissed his father on cheek and gave him the baby in her hands. He was making grabby hand toward the older man and he took him in his arms with a chuckle.

 

"Well, our baby boy is growing up fast, huh? You want to grow up fast? You want to be like your Papa?" Bae Jongmin tickled the little baby under his chin with his nose.

 

Minhyun started laughing louder and that got Bona's attention, she peeked through her mama's hair and shoulder and somehow felt like she is being left alone when her brother was having fun, what did she do? Of course, she cried.

 

"Don't let them feel left out and please, no favoritism."

 

Joohyun commented and went toward the nursery to get the bags of diapers and cloths.

 

"We never play favorites!" Her father turned to his wife for confirmation and she nodded in response, still trying to calm down Bona who already had red eyes from crying.

 

"Sure." Joohyun gave them a teasing look.

 

"Young lady, I dare you to say an example in which your very fair parents had done favoritism."

 

Joohyun bent down to get a cup from cabinet and smiled to herself, surely, she wouldn't have a chance to win against her parents.

 

"We are being late~" Joohyun sang as she turned to go to the bedroom again.

 

"Can you stop moving for a minute? You've been running around like boomerang since I came." Eunsoo complained and managed to grab her daughter's arm.

 

"You said I should enjoy some me time, I want to have more me-time."

 

Her mother rolled her eyes and let go of her arm. With a sour expression turned to her husband "We really did a good job raising a daughter."

 

Jongmin laughed and took the car keys from his wife and after grabbing two bags left for the door.

 

"Let's just get going, I'm sure she would come down to say goodbye to her children if not her parents."

 

Joohyun let out an exaggerated Ouch before putting on a pitiful face.

 

"Dad, that hurt! In my defense I've been a perfect daughter, I even have a fan club in Haneul HS!"

 

Joohyun took out her high school card again, knowing both her parents had soft spot for that school because they met each other there the first time.

 

"Well, I guess there is no more hope in that place." Her Mom sighed and shook her head.

 

"Mom!!"

 

_________________________________

 

Joohyun stopped her car in front of the Bakery-Cafe and took her bag and a file from the front seat.

 

As she opened the door, a crowd of people late for the office greeted her. It was already 7:50 and apparently many people preferred staying alive by consuming caffeine rather than being on time for their jobs.

 

She lazily walked toward the table next to the window, grabbing attention of the crowd just like every other time.

 

She did and didn't like it. She was proud of her appearance, of course she was. With a face like that who would not be proud. During high school and university, even now, she was compared to the gorgeous actresses such as Song Hye Kyo and Jun Jihyun, and she Liked it.

 

But on other occasions, mostly when around stupid people, she didn't like the way they looked at her, whistled as she passed by or just putting their numbers everywhere around her.

 

She sat on the chair facing the wall, not wanting to look at the people.

 

"Hey, you wanna give a hand?"

 

The manager asked from behind the counter, grabbing everyone's attention. As all the people in the line turned to look at their front.

 

Joohyun smiled and turned to look at the manager. "I'm sorry, but I can't possibly work around in this outfit."

 

Joohyun gave an apologizing glance and then put on a teasing smile.

 

People were curious about the two as they turned their heads between them.

 

The manager let out a chuckle. And turned to the kitchen.

 

"WENDY! A busy lady with a proper outfit is here!"

 

A shout from the kitchen answered.

 

"TELL HER WE DON'T WELCOME THESE KIND OF PEOPLE! SPECIALLY BECAUSE THEY DON'T VISIT US!"

 

Joohyun laughed and went to go to the other side of the counter before Seulgi stopped her.

 

"You heard her! She is not in the best mood today."

 

Just at that time Wendy came out with two workers behind her, all their hands full.

 

Wendy handed her stuff to the girl next to Seulgi and they immediately began to work. Wendy came to the two, wiping her hands on her apron, she pushed Seulgi away and stood in front of her old friend with an eyebrow raised.

 

"How come we have the pleasure of seeing you in the morning?"

 

Joohyun folded her arms on the counter, leaning in, she wiped the flour of Wendy's cheek.

 

"My parents took the kids, and suddenly, I have time for myself, so..."

 

Seulgi pointed at her "Waffles, pancakes or croissants?"

 

"Croissants and a latte please."

 

Seulgi went toward kitchen and Wendy took Joohyun's hand and dragged her toward their table, the number of customers was going down and there were much less noises.

 

"You should've brought my babies, it's like, two weeks? I haven't seen them in that much time!!"

 

Joohyun shook her head, "Unless you serve baby food here and put away all those cakes and drinks, I can't bring them here. Why don't you drop by? I could get used to my friends visiting me more frequently."

 

Wendy gave her an attitude look, "Well, surely you can get used to your best friend living next door!"

 

Joohyun sighed, while Kyungsoo had been her friend since middle school, it wasn't till high school that she met Seulgi and Wendy. The girls bonded together very fast and Kyungsoo made some boy friends as well. Wendy and Kyungsoo didn't get along the best, but it wasn't that bad either. They were just somehow possessive toward their friendship with her.

 

"You could move in there, I told you first but you went to Seulgi's neighborhood!"

 

"What are you two doing?" Seulgi came and took the seat next to Joohyun.

 

"She is bickering about Kyungsoo moving next to me."

 

<
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter