Chapter one

Love lullabies
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

 

 

 

"Edited and spell-checked Aprils 7th."

 

          It was the routine of her days. Wake up at 6, go check on the little angels, check their diapers, if they were asleep wake them up slowly by singing or tickling them. Pull them up and proceed to the bathroom for the shower and bath time. Put the babies in the bathtub, getting their bath toys and quickly get a shower while they are still waking up or are busy with the toys.

 

Get them out, dry them with the baby towels, diaper them, dress them and go to the kitchen. Hopefully until now there wouldn't be any problem, they won't try to drown themselves or fight over a toy or try to get out of the tub.

 

The whole breakfast ritual was a mess that would be cleaned up by the poor mama when the little troublemakers are busy or asleep.

 

Highchairs? The worst idea ever. When the kids want to swing in their chairs and even help each other by pulling and pushing the other one, the best way is putting them on the floor after checking all the cabinets to be locked, and of course making sure you don't step on those little kittens.

 

Feeding them the baby food on some occasions was the easiest thing to do. when they were so hungry, they wouldn't try to play or even pay attention to their surroundings, be the sibling next to them that wants to play or the kitchen being on fire, they just shove the spoon in their mouth, which for them means the whole face, and usually are busy for a good 20 minutes for Joohyun to get ready for work.

Over 5 months, Princess Joohyun whom would take over an hour just to choose her outfit, got used to having a proper appearance just in 15 to 30 minutes, considering she has to dry her hair, put on makeup, match her clothes and check on her kids every two minutes.

 

Today was another day that started with the daily routine.

 

Joohyun had the kids dressed with much difficulty. Minhyun started bouncing up and down and happily blabbering some words out of happiness when he saw his baby shoes. He loved them so much, first because whenever he bumped them together there would be colorful lights coming from them that he wouldn't even want to look away from them and second, because he only wore them when he was going out and the baby just love to go out.

 

On the other hand, Bona wasn't a fan of going out cause for her, it meant more clothes and more people.

 

It was already 7 and Joohyun had to be at the office in one hour, which was pleasantly long enough for her to drop by a grocery store to buy extra diapers for the two dolls sitting in their safety seats in the back of her SUV.

 

The entire ride was a heaven and hell for her. Fortunately, her babies would sit in their car seats and look out of the windows while enjoying the baby song playing in the car.

 

It wasn't as easy as it seemed, as Joohyun had to sing the song for them or they wouldn't stay calm. And she was listening to five children songs for the last two months, on repeat, and every time single time she thought she wouldn't be able to do it for another day, But she has no other choice, as soon as she changes the song, yelling and crying would fill the car.

 

What mothers do for their children.

 

"Hello Ms. Bae! Did you enjoy the morning?"

 

"Good morning Yeri. It was fine thanks for asking."

 

Yeri worked in the Firm's daycare for the employee's children, as long as Joohyun knew, she had graduated from college last fall and was a very popular girl between the young lads of the company.

 

Joohyun was Yeri's idol in real life and carefully watched her every movements to copy them.

 

As lucky as she was she found out that Attorney Bae had two little babies that stayed in the day care which for her meant more seeing her role model.

 

"Yeri dear I bought extra diapers just in case, they're in the bag and please don't let them eat too much food. Minhyun is a little bit hyper today. Please take care of them."

 

Joohyun gave the young girl a grateful smile and handed the bags and the twin's stroller to her.

 

"Of course, Ma'am! Don't worry I watch them with my life!"

 

Joohyun nodded and bent down to give the loves of her life kisses.

 

"Bona honey take care of your brother. Mommy will come to see you in the break time okay?"

 

She playfully picked their noses and their giggles filled the corridor.

 

"Good morning Ms. Bae!"

 

"Hello Attorney Bae."

 

Joohyun walked to the elevators and gave the people half smiles here and there just to be polite.

 

She was very much well known in her career, not to exaggerate but many law firms begged her to join them just to have more clients.

 

And here she was, at the best law firm in county, K&J law firm, working as one of the high-class Attorneys.

 

"Hey Bae!"

 

Joohyun turned her head to the voice and smiled as her colleague, Kwon Yuri, was making her way to stand next to her to wait for the lift.

 

"Hey Kwon."

 

Kwon Yuri was a lawyer, a very attractive one. Tall, tan skin, and has a model's body. Obviously very popular.

 

Yuri pushed her hair back and looked at the doors while slightly tilting her head toward Joohyun.

 

"Heard that today you'll get the final decision of the court."

 

"Yeah, not quite sure what will happen."

 

"Hope you can pull it off. Jung demanded more money because of their dishonesty. Seriously, you can't trust these Rich people with their family affairs."

 

"Have to admit that, the 14th illegitimate son had me on the edge. This is why I don't want to accept these files."

 

They didn't look away from the doors as day continued on.

 

Finally, the elevator came and they went in, with only 2 more people joining them. The lift was especially for people on 30th floor and higher.

 

Yuri pressed the for 32th floor and went back to stand beside Joohyun.

 

"Are you really not going to date anymore?" she asks quietly.

 

Joohyun sighed and took a sip from her coffee.

 

"I don't think I want to have relationships anymore. The whole idea of having a man in my life is not really appealing to me."

 

Yuri let out a tsk and turned to look at the younger woman with a judging gaze.

 

"Why is that so? I'm with Junho and I'm telling you it's very nice! And besides, you can't raise those two single-handedly!"

 

Joohyun elegantly raised an eyebrow on her and turned to look at the currently-most-annoying friend of her.

 

"In my defense, I've been very much able to take care of us this past year and during my pregnancy so, I can continue on it without an extra person to feed."

 

Yuri, considering her personality, was very much eager to continue this conversation, this was a new challenge that she had already accepted.

"It hasn't been even half a year with them here and you already look like a woman in her thirties! How can you continue like this?"

"This conversation is over Kwon!"

 

Joohyun gave her a look an

as on cue the door opened on the high-class lawyers' floor.

 

"But y-"

 

"OVER"

 

 

 

Joohyun leaved her and raised hand with her coffee in it to show that she was leaving without turning back.


 

"Good morning Sun young!"

 

Joohyun stopped at the secretary's table to check her schedule of the day.

 

" Morning dear!"

 

Sun young is the vitamin of the whole floor, bringing the mood up wherever she is. Older than the young lawyer by 3 years, she has been working there for almost 6 years now and was a pro in her position, managing to be the Secretary to four well-known lawyers, she handled section A of the level.


 

"Can I get my schedule?"

 

"Sure thing."

 

Sun young stood up to get her file from the shelf and Joohyun couldn't stop cooing at her.

 

"What?" she turned back to look at the girl with a smile on her face.

 

"You've got bigger suddenly! What are you? 4 months?"

 

Sun young blushed and laughed while unconsciously putting her hand on her baby bump.

 

"I'm in the 18th week."

 

"Good for you then." she took her file and kissed the woman on her cheek. "Take care." with one last warm smile she turned to go to her office.

 

She made her way to the corridor right next to Sun young's table which had 4 doors with different names on them.

 

She unlocked the second room on the right and entered.

 

Her office was a very decent one, for she had many decent clients.

 

"Here we go." she put the file on her desk and fixed the photo frames of her and her babies that was next to the frame of her graduation day photo.

 

Beep

 

"Attorney Bae, COO Jung asked you to meet him in an hour."

 

Sun young's voice filled the room.


 

" Got it, would you be kind and let me know five minutes before?"

 

"Sure thing."


 

Beep


 

Joohyun went through the file on her desk, to her surprise today was somehow full of free time.

 

"Meeting with the Lee corporation COO at 10, Court attendance at 1 pm, Special meeting, more details will be announced?"

 

It wasn't normal to have a vague detail on the schedule file.

 

She called Sun young.



 

Beep...Beep....Beep....


 

'She is probably busy.'

 

She decided to go over the Lee corporation file again before her meeting with Jung Yunho, the COO.

 

She was busy for some time before a knock on the door disturbed her.

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter