FEELINGS

UNTOUCHABLE (TIAOM)

"Wow. You two killed one of those monsters when you were only cadets? That's really amazing!" said Zee.

"But it was just luck that we got out alive," said Conan. "I got a head injury and a fractured arm because of that. Kim couldn't walk for weeks."

"Still, that's amazing. You two were really brave to come back for that girl. Were there any casualties?" asked Yam.

"Luckily there were none. Could've been me if Conan didn't come back for me," said Kim.

"Awe. Conan's really sweet," said Yam.

"I can't leave you there, bud. After everyone in Dorm A went into the alley, I noticed that there is only one Even around. I knew that the other one could be in the building. That's why I followed you."

"Thanks, bud." Kim fist bumped Conan's.

"But I thought there were four Evens?" asked Zee.

"There were two pairs. One died attacking the Retter Barriers. Two of them attacked Dorm A and the other one attacked in the gymnasium area," said Conan. "SAUs came in right away and killed the three."

"You guys must've been popular in your school that time, huh?" said Yam.

"Well, Kim and I got a reward for that," said Conan, looking at Kim. "After that, better things started happening."

"Like what? Getting girls?" asked Zee.

Conan smiled. "You know, sometimes, jealousy tells us what we really feel towards another person."

---

"What's this?" asked Kim, looking at the paper in front of her. Pie just came back to their room with Jane, the former looking upset. Pie threw a paper on Kim's bed and went on arranging her stuff.

"We got that paper from the admin," said Jane, settling on Pie's side of the bed. Because of Kim's injury, Pie arranged their beds side by side so she could look after Kim easier. "That's the list of people who'd want to be roomed with you next semester."

"With me?" Kim couldn't believe it. The list is long, some names are already written on the back of the paper. "I don't even know these people…"

"Maybe it's because the rumors of Pie transferring to another room is back again. It's the end of school year, you know."

Kim looked at the list again, feeling sad that it'll be just a few days from now before the school ends.

"Who says I'm really transferring rooms?" Pie finally spoke, still looking upset. "I haven't confirmed anything yet, right? Why are they assuming already?"

"You mean you still want to be roomed with Kim next sem?" asked Jane, making Kim look up to them.

"Of course! I bet those girls just want to be roomed with her because of the recent attack that happened." Pie went to Kim and bent down to check the casted leg. "Pim got a list too. A lot of those es wanted to be roomed with Conan and Kim."

Jane just laughed at Pie's irritation. Kim couldn't help but smile too.

"How's this? How are you feeling?" asked Pie, still observing the casted leg.

"Just fine. I was just resting here since you left this morning," said Kim. She couldn’t do much by herself because of her leg injury. It was Pie who's assisting her.

"Nice. Are you hungry now?"

"A bit."

Pie stood up to get the crutch situated on the well. "Okay. Jane and I will take you to lunch."

"Yup. That's why I'm here. My best friend wanted me to help assist you, Kim," said Jane. "We could've just bought lunch and bring it here, right?"

"She's been here the whole morning, Jane," said Pie, assisting Kim now. "She needs to go out too."

"It's okay, Pie, I can go outside on my own," said Kim, feeling embarrassed.

"No. You're not going anywhere without me," said Pie like it's the end of discussion. "Some girls outside are dying to see you. They might injure you more if they try to hug you or what."

"No one messes with her royal highness, Kim," said Jane, winking at Kim.

---

"Pie?"

"Hmm?"

"So, you're not transferring rooms anymore?"

Pie finished tucking the bedsheet and climbed onto the bed. "Do you want me to?"

"No. But I thought your mom..." Kim trailed off.

"Don't mind her," said Pie, waving a hand. "You and Conan saved my life. I believe she should be happy that I was roomed with one of you, right?"

"Won't she get mad at you?"

"It doesn't matter. I've made my decision already. I'm tired of following her for the sake of making her happy. This time, I'm making my decision for my own happiness."

Kim tried her best to hold off smiling, hoping that she's one of those people who contributes to Pie's happiness.

"And why are you smiling?" asked Pie, settling down beside Kim. Their arms against each other.

"I'm just glad that you're not transferring rooms. You're one of the few friends I have here."

That made Pie smile for a second, then shifted into irritation. "But a lot of girls want to be friends with you now after that heroic thing you and Conan did."

"Maybe. But they won't be able to replace you, Pie."

Pie raised an eyebrow. "Oh, really?"

"The care you showed me is genuine, even before the attack happened. These girls just wanted to be around me because of the fame I got after the school awards."

"Woo. Aren't you planning to get yourself a girlfriend? Maybe you can find one from them."

Kim looked at Pie. "Do you want me to find a girlfriend?"

Pie couldn’t answer. She looked away. "No. I meant... it's up to you. Why would I hinder you from getting a girlfriend, right?"

"So, you mean you won't mind?"

"I won't. Just make sure she won't be ing with me, or else I'll cut her head off."

Kim laughed. "You're scary."

"Just letting you know. I don't want your future girlfriend to be making issues about our closeness. I guess it will be better not to find anyone soon."

"Well, I’m not planning on looking for one. Besides, I don’t think I’m the noticeable type."

Pie whipped her head to Kim, eyeing the latter from head to foot. "Are you serious? You're amazing and attractive. I’m sure it won't be hard for you to find a girl, court her, and get her to say yes."

"Really? I didn't know that you find me attractive," mused Kim, scratching the back of her head.

"Duh. Haven't you noticed the girls who are all trying to get your attention? You and Conan can already form a band, perform, and all your girl fans will be swooning over you I bet."

Kim chuckled. "I'm not looking for one right now. My focus is my studies."

"Good! You should focus more on your studies than flirting. Besides, why would you need a girlfriend if you have me taking care of you already," said Pie, wagging her eyebrows.

"Totally agree," said Kim, smiling at Pie. "Plus, I don't want another woman bossing me around."

"You're crazy." Pie smacked Kim's arm playfully.

After the laughter died, the two became silent as they stared at the ceiling.

"What do you think will happen to us next school year?" asked Pie.

"I don't know. But I'm sure I'm gonna miss you this vacation," said Kim, turning her head at Pie.

Pie smiled and moved closer to snuggle Kim's arm. "Oh, I'm gonna miss you too, Kim."

---

"How are you feeling?" Jane asked Pie.

"Just fine. Why'd you ask?"

"You seem to be lost in thoughts just a moment ago."

Pie combed her fingers through her hair. "Ah. That. I was just remembering how I felt when that attack happened."

"Just that?"

Pie looked at the big screen in front of her and sighed. "Also her."

"What about her?"

"Jane, if you're trying to do this Psych thing over me, stop it now."

"Hey. I'm not. I'm just asking you as a friend."

"It just feels weird," said Pie, slumping on her chair. "I haven't seen her in seven years but right now, for whatever reason, I feel connected to her more than ever."

Jane observed her friend. "Maybe it's because they're talking about your past and you're being nostalgic and all?"

Before Pie could respond, Yam's voice echoed through the speakers.

"And then? Wait, wait, wait. Can we put a name to this girl?"

Zee looked at Kim and Conan. "Uh..."

"Let's just call her Kim's ex-girlfriend, Yam. We don’t want to use any names now," said Conan. Jane and Pie laughed.

"Yeah, that's better. Although it's quite long, but yeah, that's better," said Zee.

"You can just call her like how I did before," said Kim.

"You meant, your endearment? And what was that?"

Kim turned to the other members of her troop and took a deep breath.

Pie moved forward, resting her elbow on her knee and cupping her chin.

"Honey," said Pie and Kim at the same time. Jane looked at her friend and smiled.

"Ooh. So, were you and Honey able to talk during vacation?" asked Yam.

"No. I was with Captain Taliw that time, following her wherever she was assigned."

"What? You spent your summer vacation in AEF HQ? That , man!" said Zee.

"There are no other places I can go, guys. I don't have a living family, remember?"

"But she's got an advantage, guys. Captain Taliw was already giving her private training to become a SAU," said Conan.

"No wonder you're so good right now, Cap. Getting trained by one of the best SAUs that ever lived. You're lucky," said Yam, saluting.

"But since you've got no communication with P -- err... Honey," said Zee, correcting herself, "how was your vacation then?"

Kim turned to the window and smiled. "That was the longest two months of my life."

---

It was the start of another school year and Kim was more than excited to go back to her room in Dorm A. The classes are supposed to start by next week but she came in a few days early because she's tired of staying in the HQ.

When she opened the door to their room, Kim noticed a familiar bag sitting on the bed -- a bag that is not hers. She closed the door behind her and stepped into the room, finally seeing the person she's been missing these past two months.

Pie, who's busy arranging her stuff on the table, noticed the movement and turned around. A smile immediately appeared on her face after seeing Kim.

"Kim!" Pie ran towards Kim and gave a powerful bear-hug.

Kim struggled to maintain her balance for a moment as Pie jumped at her. But then she recovered and hugged the girl back. "Hey..."

"Oh, my gosh! I missed you!"

"I missed you too, haha."

Pie pulled back and held Kim's shoulders. "How are you? Is your leg fully recovered now?"

Kim nodded. "I'm fine. And yes, fully recovered now. Ready to face another Even."

Pie's eyebrows furrowed. "No more of that for now."

Kim chuckled. "Yes, princess." It was too late when she realized what she said.

Pie blushed a bit at that and looked away.

"How about you, how's your vacation?" asked Kim.

"It's more of a staycation. I was just indoors. You?"

"Same. I was just following Captain Taliw around, staying in the HQ most of the time."

Pie looked at Kim like it's the first time she'd seen her. "I surely missed you, Kim," she said, holding Kim’s left arm and squeezing it.

It was Kim's turn to blush this time. She avoided Pie's eyes. "Me too. I missed you, like a lot."

"It's okay now. We have the whole school year to make up for the past two months."

"I agree. Why don't we start with getting dinner together?"

"Dinner sounds great."

---

"Kim and Honey grew closer day after day," said Conan. "We usually hang out altogether during dinner, with Honey and her best friend too. That's when I noticed that their closeness is slowly shifting into sweetness."

"And Cap and Honey weren't aware of that?" asked Yam.

"I believe they were both aware that something's going on however they are both in denial about it," said Conan.

"Why?" asked Zee.

"Maybe they are too comfortable around each other and putting a label to their relationship wasn't necessary."

"Then how did they become together?" asked Yam.

"They eventually realized it when people outside their relationship started to challenge them."