The Incident

If Only You Knew...
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

*Author's POV*

The next few days were tough for Yena as she could not get over the guilt she felt towards Yuri after crossing the line.

It was even harder for her due to the fact that they had many classes with each other as well.

After the "moment" that they had on their first day of school, Yena simply wished to apologize to Yuri for her actions. On one hand, Yena felt assured at the fact that they shared many classes together, which meant at one point, she would have the opportunity to be able to apologize. However, on the other hand, throughout the duration of the week, Yuri would hardly ever make eye contact with Yena. This made it almost impossible for Yena to say sorry to Yuri.

Before Yena knew it, the first week of school was already coming to an end, and Yena knew she had to somehow clear things up between the two because she knew nothing good would come out of prolonging the uncomfortable atmosphere between the two.

Yena knew she had to act quick, so she thought of what classes she had with Yuri. The classes were Homeroom, Music, English, Math, and History.

Yena knew during Homeroom, Yuri was busy with her student council activities. She did not want to try on the way to Music because Yena had Physical Education right before, and she did not want to look like a mess. As Yena had observed for the last few days, Yuri had always rushed her way out of Math and History, so Yena left herself with the only option of attempting to talk to Yuri on the way to English.

So on the next day, Yena practiced over and over again on how to apologize sincerely to Yuri. Yena was nervous until the time actually came to confront Yuri. After Science, Yena quickly made her way to English. When she arrived, she saw that Yuri had not arrived yet, so she waited until she saw from the distance, Yuri coming out of the gym and catching up with Hitomi to walk to English together.

*Yena's POV*

"Choi Yena! You can do this" I continuously told myself as I began to make my way to the to girls. When we finally ran into each other, I initiated the conversation, "Hey Hiichan... and Y-Yuri".

I mentally cursed at myself for stuttering even though I had practiced up to the point of encountering Yuri.

"Hiichan, if you don't mind, may I speak with Yuri just until English starts? I have to tell her something" I told Hiichan, trying to maintain eye contact with Hitomi instead of looking at the person who I felt like was staring right at me.

"I suppose... I'll see you later Yuri..." Hitomi responded than began walking away towards English.

Right after I thanked Hitomi, I turned to gain eye contact with Yuri, who was taken aback by the sudden encounter with me.

I misunderstood this gaze and thought it would be okay for me to finally speak.

"Hey Yu-" I began when suddenly Yuri cut me off.

"Yena, I thought we cleared things up on Monday? I gave you your necklace, so I don't really have anything to talk with you about. Now, if you'll excuse me, I have something to tell Hitomi before English starts." Yuri said. Then, she quickly began to walk away to catch up with Hitomi.

I suddenly felt glum as I thought how my plan to make up with Yuri had failed.

*Author's POV*

As Yena simply looked at Yuri walk away from her, she did not realize that her friend, Chaeyeon had witnessed the whole scene. Chaeyeon felt bad because she felt as if she was the one who pushed Yena to do such a thing to Yuri. Seeing Yena so sad made Chaeyeon realize that she quickly needed to take action to make her friend feel better.

As she saw Yena beginning to walk to English, with her head hung low, Chaeyeon quickly caught up to her.

"What's with the duck lips Choi? C'mon lighten up! We have a party to attend this evening. With the atmosphere you're emitting right now, you'll ruin the party!"

"Oh yeah, the party is today, I almost forgot" Yena said a little dispirited after what had happened just now with her and Yuri.

"Hey Choi, lighten up! You'll forget about all your worries once you party it up tonight!" Chaeyeon exclaimed.

Yena then realized that Chaeyeon was right, "Chaeyeon, I think you're right, I do need to go tonight to relieve some emotional stress."

"Perfect~~ if you want you could come over my place after school. I purchased clothes for the party yesterday and we could hang out with the girls for a bit before we party!" Chaeyeon said.

"Sounds like a plan," Yena said, feeling a bit better after her failed attempt of trying to apologize to Yuri.

The two then began to walk to English class together, totally forgetting about the test they had that day because they were too preoccupied with the party that day.

*After English*

"Yah Choi! I told you to study the first half of the reading while I study the other half so we could help each other out! We totally failed!" Chaeyeon complained, as she began to whine about turning in an almost blank test.

"Yah pabo-yah! I was busy with other things and I skimmed over the pages I was supposed to cover; as for you, you didn't even READ your pages! We're so screwed ahhhh," Yena retorted as she too daydreamed during half the class period due to her barely knowing anything on the English test since she barely read the pages assigned for homework.

"You know what? We're going to forget all about this test after this weekend so lighten up Yena! And besides, if we do better on the tests after this one, our grade will go up for sure, so let's get it!" Chaeyeon said trying to brighten up the mood again.

Yena then nodded to what Chaeyeon had said, and the two began to head towards their next classes.

*Yuri's POV*

"That test was somewhat difficult considering it being the first test of the year" I told Hitomi as we both began walking out of English.

"You're right Yuri! I was thinking the same thing because I read all the pages thoroughly, even took notes, but nevertheless, the test was still a bit hard," Hitomi answered, "By the way Yuri, what did Yena tell you earlier?" Hitomi also asked.

"Ah~" I began, thinking of an excuse to make to get away from having to tell a whole story Yuri didn't want to really recall, "Yena had to ask me about math because she was wondering what work we had in there!" I exclaimed, feeling relieved that Hitomi bought the reasoning. Once we separated, I began to think of what Yena was saying earlier. I felt bad that I didn't accept her apology then and there, but I too was in the moment, and I felt my blood a bit boiling from what had happened on Monday. Still, I felt bad watching her hang her head low. "Maybe I should talk to her later", I thought to myself as the day continued on.

*Author's POV*

The school day was finally over and students could be seen coming out of every single exit in the school. From the student council room, Chaewon, Minjoo, and Yuri could be seen walking out together.

"Hey Yuri! You didn't forget about the party tonight right? If you want Chaewon and I could come and pick you up tonight?" Minjoo offered as she thought Yuri was feeling a bit down because she didn't have a ride to the party.

"Oh my goodness! The party! I totally forgot... Sorry guys, maybe tonight I'll just stay home and revise for English a bit because Mr. Im said next week's test is going to be similar to this week's test.

Chaewon then playfully rolled her eyes at Yuri and slightly nudged her, "Yuri, sweetie, you have to relax. I know you're eager to get ahead of school work, but you have to chill and party, or you're going to be exhausted before Christmas break hits.  We worked hard this first week Yuri, come on! Let's go to the party tonight!!! Like Minjoo said, I will come by and pick you up approximately an hour before the party starts, so don't be late!" Chaewon finished, as she began dragging Minjoo to get out of there to quickly go to her house to also get ready for the party.

"Goo

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter