New (School) Year, New Me

If Only You Knew...
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

*Yuri's POV*

First day back, and I was already running late. As I rushed to get to school, I received text messages from the student council team...

"

WY: Today, before school starts, we have to make an announcement to the incoming students to make sure they report to their first class as listed on their schedules! Since there might be people who don't know where their classes are located, make sure you guide them to their correct classes please!

SK: Greatttt. First day back, and we are already working our butts off!

CW: Oh Sakura. Stop complaining! You signed up for this.

MJ: Let's not fight on the chat...

NK: Wonyoung, what if we're late to class?!

WY: It's okay! I'll provide you with a pass :)

NK: Okay Ms. 'President of Student Council'

WY: Nako, shut up before I step on you LOL

SK: :o Wonyoung gone savage...

WY: Chill... I was jk

HT: Were you REALLY jk though? Anyways, where will we be meeting up?

WY: The Gym!

HT: Okay, I'll head on over there after I get some bread from the cafeteria!

CW: Hitomi, when will you stop eating bread?!

HT: ㅜㅜ leave me and my bread alone!

WY: Guys hurry! We don't have much time!!

YR: Hey guys! Sorry, I was running a bit late! I'll be arriving at the school shortly!!! See you guys at the gym :)

"

After I typed in my message, I closed my phone and began to run to school because we only had a few minutes left. I checked my watch, "Two minutes... okay Jo Yuri, you got this!" and continued to sprint. I entered the gate just in time and made my way towards the gym.

It was so hard to try and get up to the center of the gym because the whole school's population was trying to squeeze inside the gym to hear the announcement. After almost getting run over by some of the students, Wonyoung immediately made eye contact with me and helped me get to the center.

"I'm sorry I'm late! I saw your messages, so... when are we making the announcement?" I asked.

Wonyoung then answered, "right now actually!"

Then, with her left hand, Wonyoung raised the microphone and began to make the announcement, "Welcome back everyone!". The whole gym echoed with Wonyoung's voice due to the microphone being connected with the speakers. 

Wonyoung then continued, "So, the student council members and I just wanted to introduce ourselves to get familiar with you all. My name is Jang Wonyoung, and I am the President of the Student Council for this school year!"

Wonyoung then passed the mic to the other students.

"Hello everyone! I am Miyawaki Sakura, and I cannot wait to spend a wonderful year with you all!". From the crowd, a group of girls could be heard cheering, "SAKURAAAAAA, that's our BABY!"

Sakura then passed the mic to Chaewon, who rolled her eyes due to the extra-ness of Sakura's group of friends. "Hello everyone! Welcome back! My name is Kim Chaewon!"

"Hello everyone! Nice to see all of you again! My name is Kim Minjoo, and I hope we all create a safe, trouble-free learning environment this year!"

"Hi everyone! I'm Yabuki Nako, and I just want to announce that although my height is small, when it comes to leading the student body, I am a BIG person!"

"Hello everyone! I am Honda Hitomi, and as a student council member, I am determined to make this school year a good one! I hope we all become close acquainted with each other!"

"And lastly, hello everyone! Good to see you all again! I'm Jo Yuri, and I hope we make good memories this school year!"

At this point, the gym roared with cheers from the students. My ears were beginning to hurt due to all the screeching.

I then passed the mic back to Wonyoung who continued with her announcement, "So today, the student council members have called all the students to the gym so that you guys were all clear on how to get to your first class. If you are returning students, by now, you should know the drill, but just to be clear, you have to report to the class on your schedule that reads 'Period 1' because your homeroom time is spent here today listening to our announcement. But don't miss homeroom TOO much because starting tomorrow, you will report to homeroom first! For any incoming students, as well as confused students, if you have any questions regarding where your classes are located, you can come see any of the student council members, and we will all gladly help. To add to that, throughout the school year, if you have any sort of issues, please come and talk to us! Oh! As a final note, please remember that although it is the first day of school, we will NOT tolerate any misbehavior, so please report to your respective classes. Other than that, I hope you enjoy the rest of your first day back everyone! That's it for the morning announcements!!!"

As Wonyoung ended her short speech, the whole gym filled with noises as many came together to interact and go to their classes. Many students also began to make their ways to see the student council members, including me.

Once all the students were guided to their classrooms, the student council members naturally met at the front of the school.

"Now that we have shown everyone where their classes are located, let us all go to OUR classes!" Wonyoung exclaimed.

"Yes! Wonyoung could you give all of us passes to our first class?" Chaewon asked.

"Of course! And Yuri?" Wonyoung called.

Surprised by the sudden call, I quickly turned then answered, "Yes, Wonyoung?"

"I don't need to write you a pass for you; just stay with me, and we can go to science together!" Wonyoung answered.

I gave her a nod and began to collect my stuff to get ready to go to science with Wonyoung. And as we were waiting for Wonyoung to fill out and stamp all the late passes, we heard voices of girls talking and giggling in the distance.

"Do you guys hear that?" Minjoo asked.

"Yes, I've actually heard the voices for some time now, but I thought I was hearing things." Chaewon added.

"Can you three go and check what's going on?" Wonyoung asked looking at me, Chaewon, and Minjoo.

"Wow, is the school's infamous trio catching delinquents from the first day back?" I exclaimed.

Minjoo began to laugh while Chaewon scoffed and began to drag the two of us to the source of laughter. With only one corridor left to turn, we began to hear the footsteps of the delinquent students. 

"They're making a run for it hurry! Let's split up!" Chaewon exclaimed.

"

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter