Countdown: 24 Hours before the Heist

Liar Liar, Casinos on Fire.

(A/N): Swearing, no violence, yet. Well, we're here. it took a while but we made it! get ready for this rollercoaster! 

 

 

 


 

 

24 Hours before the Heist | Macau, Macau.

 

 

The 24 hours with Jongin was fun, but Ahri needed to do something active. Hence, when she went to the lobby to get a bite to eat during breakfast, she heard about the party. Somehow she convinced Jongin to dress up with her to head down but getting him to enter the party was another feat she was soon realizing.

 

“Come on, this party seems to be a lot of fun! Let’s go!” Ahri bats her eyelashes as she links her arm with Jongin, holding his hand.

“I mean, I don’t think it’ll be the most appropriate place to have fun. You know we could explore the city a bit. I think that would be fun, don't you think?” Jongin’s voice sounds hesitant and Ahri can’t help but let out a mental sigh.

 

She was born for these types of parties.

But he didn’t have to know that,

yet.

 

Ahri lets herself do her signature pout and what she would call her sad pathetic orphan child eyes that works on Namjoon every time causing Jongin to let out a sigh. “Uh, I guess we could go. I think I see someone I know.” Jongin sounds a bit more hesitant, but Ahri cannot help but give Jongin a giant hug and a kiss on his cheeks.

“Trust me, this party will be to die for.” Ahri giggles as she sees Jongin walk up to someone who looks like Suho, but she’s just staring at the back of his head so she couldn’t be sure.

“Ahri, what a delight to see you here.” She hears someone whisper into her ear, sending horrible shivers down her spine.

“Why do I have the unlucky pleasure to see your you goddamn brat.” Ahri snarls, as she turns to face him, her arms crossed defensively in front of her.

“I thought, I would drop by and see how your mission is going, but if you’re using Kai to get into the party, tsk. You should’ve asked me. You know I'd let you in with the snap of my fingers.”

“Yeah, shut up you dimwit. I’m trying to not blow my ing cover.” She puffs to which causes Taemin’s glint in his eyes to twinkle, sending a shiver up Ahri’s spine.

“Okay, whatever you say, princess. Just so you know, this party is going to ing lit.” His sing-song voice sends shivers down her spine as she can see Taemin’s evil smirk appear on his face, as he walks away.

“You know him? Taemin.” Jongin asks when he walks back pointing to the direction Taemin walked off towards as he wraps his arm around her waist. Something Ahri has noticed he’s done since they’ve entered the venue, which was sort of nice.

Sort of. Seemed a bit too touchy-feely and dominant over her ‘demure’ act but, hey, when you put the act on, the boys will come crawling over to protect you.

“Who?” Ahri tilts her head, feigning confusion.

“That guy who was just talking to you, do you know him? He’s bad news.” Ahri hears the concern in his voice. It's a bit endearing if you were to ask her.

If only she cared.

“Oh, really? I didn’t know. He just came by to introduce himself. He said his name was Minho or something. I’ll make sure to stay away from him. Were you able to get into the party by the way?” Ahri asks trying to stray the conversation away from him.

 

The less he knew, the better.

 

“Yeah, I just asked my friend, He said we can go in, Shall we go inside?” Jongin holds out his arm and Ahri gracefully links her arm with him.

“Let’s have some fun at this party. Heard it’ll be lit~” Ahri lets out a smile trying to not let the cringe escape her facade.

 

Let the games begin.



 

~

Parties, parties thrown by the elite, for the elite. Or that’s what they would love for you, the common passerby to think as you walk past the entrance for the exclusive party you’re not invited to.

 

“Oh, Kai, what a delight to see you, and who might this beauty be?” A man with his hair slicked over in a wave walks over with a tall man.

“Baekhyun, Chanyeol, how are you?” Jongin lets out a small smile, “This is Ahri. Ahri, this Baekhyun, and Chanyeol. We work together at Samsung Corporation.” He introduces her to which she nods her head.

“How do you do miss,” Baekhyun smiles as he holds up your hand to place a kiss on it, “You look lovely tonight.”

Airi lets out a polite chuckle as Chanyeol also kisses her hand in almost a charming and gentleman-like way.

“Thank you, sir, and you both also look fine as well.” Ahri lets her hint of a blush appear on her cheeks.

 

Do it for the children.

 

“Oh no dear, if you’re a friend of Kai, then you’re a friend of mine. Don’t call me sir, you can call me Baekhyun, Baek works as well.” Baekhyun gives a wide boxy grin and Ahri feels her heart flutter a bit.

 

Flutter with pure disgust and raw hatred.

Angry butterflies if you will.

 

Oh, if only she didn’t know the deep details of these two disgusting pieces of were, might she be charmed by their looks.

But alas, working her position, she knows too much of everybody in the room.

The pros and cons of being a hitman and having the person closest to you be an informant who casually spills out information for fun about people to ruin their lives.

The information about the famous BaekYeol duo was Taemin’s favorite duo to rip apart during a casual board game night at his house. Or the casual Bubble Tea dates Taemin would drag her out with a bunch of underage girls around.

His favorite pastime actually.

Spilling their secrets of disgusting set ups for all the underaged girls they would traffic for the businessmen they would work with.

 

While a bunch of underaged girls would sit next to the two of them.

 

Was Taemin an immoral human being by doing this?

Yes.

Was it also interesting to see the conversations fly over the underage girls as they all fangirled over Taemin and his good looks?

Also, Yes.


 

“Okay, I’ll call you by your first name then, if that’s okay.” Ahri lets out a small polite smile and both nod.

“Of course! Anything for you my dear.” Chanyeol giggles. His giggle sends a shiver down Ahri’s spine as it reminds her of the time she heard it long before during a mission. “I do love your dress, is it Gucci?” He asks to which Ahri lets out a light laugh shaking her head.

“I dabble a bit in fashion, so you’re looking at a custom piece right now.” She casually spins herself around, giving the boys a tiny show.

“Damn, you chose a girl with taste. Nice one.” Baekhyun whistles to which Kai’s smirk on his face grows as he watches his two friends grow with jealousy eying you.

“Damn right she’s beautiful.” Kai smirks as Ahri does a little curtsey.

“Oh, by the way, Kai, Namjoon’s hosting this party, so you better be careful. Be on the lookout.” Chanyeol whispers to Kai but his whispering is quite loud for someone who is involved with gang activity.

“Yeah, I got a whiff that he hired SixV to send someone for you.” Baekhyun adds and then looks directly at Ahri, “And keep a lookout for this beautiful girl. She’s too beautiful to be dragged into this mess.” Baekhyun sends her a pitiful glance but all it makes Ahri want to do is throw up in .

“SixV? He’s at this party. I think he wouldn’t be that stupid and do something to me with all these people here.” Kai shrugs and throws his arm around Ahri, “Ahri, I’ll always be protecting my girl here.”

“Who’s SixV?” Ahri innocently asks as she tilts her head up to Kai, “I don’t want anything to happen to you.”

“SixV? The guy you were talking to before we entered the party. That’s why I said to stay away from him. He’s a dangerous person.” Kai explains and Ahri nods, processing the information.

 

SixV?

SixV is Taemin?

Taemin wouldn’t do jack to her, she was untouchable for Taemin.

 

Ahri tries to hide her scoff at the knowledge that Taemin is SixV.

 

I wonder what came up with the code name SixV.

 

The person Kai needed to watch out for was her, but the lees he knew the easier the mission would be.

But hey, as the old saying goes: keep your friends close, your enemies closer.

 

“Oh, I’ll definitely make sure to stay away from him, he sounds scary.” Ahri pouts as she holds onto Jongin’s arm. The damsel in distress was always the best card she played in her opinion.

And damn, Ahri sure did think she did a goddamn good job at that card.

 

“Why is he holding this party anyway?” Kai inquires looking at Baekhyun and Chanyeol.

“Probably expand his business. All Namjoon cares about is power and control.” Baekhyun shrugs, “Also do you see those executives, goddamn, he even brought over international companies.”

 

Control is something he does want, Ahri thinks to herself.

 

Chanyeol, Baekhyun, and Kai settle into a business conversation, queuing Ahri in every so often, but honestly, Ahri could care less if they didn’t include her.

She just needed to know this information to make her mission easier.

Kai could constantly rub her waist, his hot touch against her cold exposed skin was always something that kept Ahri not as bored in this snoozefest.

Taemin, Namjoon, and Kai were all here.

How did this party become a snoozefest? She thought would go down, because the three men that are power-hungry and all wanted to see each other go up in flames.

 

Ahri surveys the main floor and finally sees something that sparks her interest.

 

The stunning woman from earlier.

 

However, what makes her raise her eyebrows, seeing Suho talk to her, and rather casually. Normally she wouldn’t care, but this was Suho. The man who’s got his in a twist twenty-four seven. The man who is disgusted by anything that was deemed peasant worthy. The number of times Taemin has paid her to drop McDonald's off in his suite so Taemin could watch his reaction in his camera he set up in his mansion was one too many times.

They were quite hilarious thus the reason why Ahri constantly took a part in the prank.

Or the number of times Taemin paid double the amount of money so she could dress up as a homeless person to go and bother Suho was more than she’d like to admit.

But hey, his reactions of pure disgust were truly amazing.

 

And here, this man was talking to a lowlife hotel worker, and casually talking to her.

I mean she was beautiful and stunning, but she was still poor. That went against everything Suho believed in.

 

Observing the interaction is probably the only highlight. All Ahri wanted was information out of Kai, but here she was getting information out of Kai, about his company, not his other and the entire deal on why Namjoon wants him dead.

 

The hotel worker and Suho both turn to look over at her, or her direction but then it quickly ends their conversation as she walks away and Suho in the opposite direction.

 

Ahri could care less why the worker wanted to look over, but Suho, that was a bit curious and out of his own character.

 

However, seeing Suho makes his way over to talk to her, or rather her accompaniment. She then figured he was looking over for Kai, and not her.

 

“Hey, Kai, Chanyeol, Baek.” Suho smiles when he walks over and Ahri feels disgusted knowing this is the fake smile he puts on daily to deal with everyone, “And hello beautiful.” Suho sends a charming smile her way as he places a kiss on her hand.

 

ing disgusting.

 

Ahri lets out a small fake giggle when Kai pulls her closer to him,

“Hey Suho, this my girlfriend, Ahri.” Kai says proudly.

 

Girlfriend? In what day and age does ing till you can’t think to make someone your girlfriend. Kai was her play thing, and that’s all.

But a girlfriend title to her plaything? That might be more useful than anything else.

Might as well pretend to live in the fantasy she’s created instead of reality for a while.

 

Suho, Baekhyun, Chanyeol, and Kai fell into a lapse of conversation regarding Samsung Corporation. While she wished the information they were discussing was useful, it was already information mentioned on the billions of files Namjoon had sent her to read up on.

 

“I’ll be back babe. I’m going to grab myself one of the hors d'oeuvres. They look absolutely delicious.” Ahri whispers to Kai, “Although, I wish it was you I was eating.” Ahri smirks as she pulls away and the lust appearing in Kai’ eyes while he’s with his friends gives Ahri the courage to leave his side and adventure into the unknown.

 

To say that Ahri didn’t recognize many of the people at the party would be an understatement. She probably knew the background of everyone here. Whether or not they knew who she was was another statement. She recognized many of Namjoon’s men and their corrupted wives who pretended to be loyal to their husbands.

Goddammit did it make her feel sick to her stomach.

A surprise she didn’t expect to see was the representatives of Shinsage. That was a group that came out to no events whatsoever, as they’ve built a belief that they’re better than most companies being the prestigious company that carries the luxury brands in Korea.

They did have a reason to feel that way as retrieving information out of them was the hardest thing to do as not many people were kept in the loop.

Many things were held within the secret of the woman Ahri came to despise, Jung Eunji.

She was probably the woman Ahri wished she could take down the most. Her fake smiles, her avoidance of doing charity work while her husband Yunho took care of the charitable works made Ahri feel sick to her stomach.

How could such a heartless woman exist?

But alas, as the heartless woman stands in front of her with her beautiful husband handsome father Yunho (did she say DILF?), Ahri totally meant DILF stood mere meters away from her, she couldn’t muster up the courage or the will to humiliate this woman.

The woman with cruel dead eyes looks at her, not even sparing you a glance as she brushes up against her shoulder,slightly shoving Ahri out of her way to the appetizer table.

The interaction sends shivers up Ahri's spine as she can only watch in awe of pure fear run and up and down her body as she watches the woman walk away with her husband.

The whispers ran amok in the halls as they laid their eyes on her. A beautiful girl, a girl that looked like an heiress, never seen before at the party.

While Ahri appreciated the rumors and gossip, it was probably worse for her mission.

Ahri slipped into the ballroom, away from the food as she leaned against the wall, observing the party from afar. She saw Kai still with Baekhyun, Chanyeol and Suho, still talking in what seemed to be the same topics as she tried to read his lips.

Her lip reading might be slightly off sometimes if it’s a bit far like how it is now, but for the most part it’s accurate.

 

She enjoyed parties, but she also would say she enjoyed watching all the lies told as the disgusting high class society ran.

 

Oh how much did she want to see these people go up in flames, literally. She wanted to see them suffer the same fate she and many others faced due to their greed and selfishness.

 

Alas, that's not going to happen.

 

Unless, a dead heir and his lover show up to ruin everything.

 

"OH MY GOD." Ahri gasps as she makes eye contact with the dead heir, who's disguised was ripped off by a man.

 

"You er!" Was the first comment that broke the silence room you could probably hear a balloon fall to the ground. Which, ironically, could be heard as a balloon hit the microphone, echoing throughout the silent room filled with people packed to the brim.

 

The spotlight was on the pair, and the next thing she knew, chaos ensued.

 

.