Countdown: 60 Hours before the Heist

Liar Liar, Casinos on Fire.

60 Hours before the Heist | Incheon, South Korea.

 

“Princess.” Ahri hears the voice on the other end say in a calm and collected manner, sending chills down her spine.

“Namjoon, I wasn’t to hear from you today,” Ahri answers her phone in an almost calm voice. Receiving a phone call from Namjoon is never a good thing, especially from a burner phone. A call from Namjoon was not how she wanted to spend her wait for her flight to take off. She just sat down after putting her luggage in the overhead bin, she didn’t want to deal with something that could put her in a dangerous situation.

“You know how much I want to hear your voice every day though, my princess.” his velvet voice answers and Ahri just sighs knowing Namjoon is just being himself.

His controlling, and playboy self.

“You don’t waste your time, so why would you decide to call me? I’m boarding a flight now.” Ahri comments as the PA system goes off about the last call for passengers.

“Oh, a flight? Where may I ask, my princess?” Ahri can already see Namjoon’s mouth curling upwards with almost an amusement smirk.

“You’ll see,” Ahri comments as she stares out the window. On planes, Ahri always preferred the window seat. It was one of the most relaxing things for her as she saw the plane left the runway to fly across the sky.

“I take it Taemin has informed you about the situation.” His voice is rather calculated. She recognized the voice instantly because this was Namjoon the mafia leader, not the Namjoon who liked to have fun with her.

“I also take that I’m going to get a hefty sum of money from you I presume?” Ahri fires back, a bit tired of Namjoon’s games. Ahri knows Namjoon has fun toying with people, but she hates it when it happens to her.

“Why take the money when my offer still applies princess?” Namjoon’s dark chuckle sends another chill down her spine.

“You know how I feel about those kinds of things. It’s not suitable for my field of work. But don’t worry, I’ll always come back to you.” Ahri half-jokes. It wasn’t a lie. She always did come back to Namjoon no matter who she would sleep with the night before.

“Well, I hope you stick to your words princess. You are extremely important to me. I’d never let anything dangerous happen to you,” Namjoon’s voice has always been like velvet, but it was times like this Ahri truly wondered if his words were true.

“More important than Suga?” Ahri decides to try her luck as she pushes the buttons where it would hurt him. Plus, she loved to push his buttons.

“We don’t talk about that like i’ve said, multiple times.” his voice turns cold causing a chuckle within her. She loved to rile him up because that’s the only time she would see Namjoon for the man who has a shred of human feelings still in his body.

“Ah, you know very well if I had taken that case, I would be partying with Suga still.”

“You weren’t involved in that case, for certain reasons, my princess. Please understand that.” Namjoon pauses a bit. Ahri doesn’t notice the hesitation his voice to which Namjoon is relieved to know Ahri wouldn’t probe further.

“Of course, you with your calculated plans. How do you function though outside of planning? Did you at least remember to make sure your socks are matching pairs before you left your house.”

There’s a silence from the other line before a soft, “” is said.

Knew it, Ahri thought.

“Princess, this is why I need you around. You keep me sane, and coordinated. I wish I was able to see you now. You probably look dashing in that casual airplane outfit I know too well.”

“Dashing, I know you have an old soul, but this isn’t the 1700’s grandpa. Are you going to start courting me now?” the sarcasm drips from Airi’s voice causing a good-hearted chuckle from Namjoon.

“I know you love when I serenade you with my old school talks. O where art thou-”

“Passengers please turn off all mobile devices and electronic devices. The flight will be taking off shortly, Thank you.” The PA cuts off Namjoon and Airi go silent.

“Are you on this flight Namjoon?” Ahri’s eyes dart back and forth searching for the man, but all she sees is a flight attendant walking up to her.

“It would seem so,” Namjoon’s voice rings through her ears as the flight attendant hands her a note,

“I apologize miss. Your seat has changed. Please follow me. I apologize for the sudden notice. We’ll grab your bags for you.” The flight attendant bows and Ahri vaguely recognize the girl. Maybe she an or something? She couldn’t remember if it was Taemin’s or Namjoon’s, but probably Namjoon’s.

“I understand, miss.” Ahri comments as she gets up from her seat, tucking away her phone knowing Namjoon already hung up.

 

The flight attendant guides her towards the front of the plane, past the curtained wall to the second level of the plane.

“I apologize for the confusion.” the flight attendant politely states as she opens the door, bowing as she walks inside.

“Ah, there you are my princess.” Namjoon’s voice flows through the area and Ahri’s eyes follow it to the man sitting at the couch with a glass of whiskey in his hand.

Definitely Namjoon’s .

“At this point, I should never be surprised to see you on any of my flights.” Ahri crosses her arms in front of her, disbelief dripping from her tone.

“I’ll let you two be. Our flight will take off in 10 minutes so please remember to buckle up.” The flight attendant bows once more before taking her to leave.

“So where were we before we were rudely interrupted?” Namjoon asks as Ahri walks up to him, taking her seat on top his lap.

“You were telling me how important I am to you. How I keep you sane.” Ahri replies as she feels Namjoon’s hands roaming her body, his lips on her neck.

“Mmm, yes. You do keep me sane. But how about, we have a little fun on this flight? Renew our mile-high membership?” Namjoon’s hot whispers stir the inner demon inside of Ahri.

“Of course, I think it might expire soon.” Ahri chuckles as she begins to his top.

 

3 Years Ago Seoul, South Korea

It was a typical night for Namjoon. He was at the club with closest friends and the best girls he could find. He was living the dream.

However, there was one there that was different from the rest and his interest was piqued from the beginning.

“Sweetheart, what’s your name?” He asks as the girl sits down next to him, her body pressed up against him.

“Why should you learn my name? I’ll only be screaming out yours by the end of the night.” She places her hand on his lap, it up and down.

“Oh? But I should learn the name of the one I'll be taking home, shouldn't I?” Namjoon's curiosity is piqued as he takes in the girl next to him. She's beautiful and stunning, and curved in all the right places. She was beautiful and confident, two things he admired in a girl.

“Mmm, you have a valid point.” The girls whisper into his ear has him wanting her already, “how about we play a game?” Her eyes darted around the room, surveilling it.

“A game? What kind of game?” Namjoon asks as she places Namjoon's hand on the slip of her dress.

“You can make me without anyone noticing, then I'll tell you my name.” She bites her lips as she brings his finger to her uncovered slit.

 

Present Day

Namjoon knew the girl he met three years ago was going to be special but seeing her now falling apart in his arms reaffirmed his decision that he made a good decision to keep her around.

 


 
updated: 08/15/2019. Available: 08/22/2019
super short chapter. I promise next chapter will be even longer :) Don't forget to check out the Character Files! Namjoon was added to it :)