Countdown: 72 Hours before the Heist

Liar Liar, Casinos on Fire.

72 Hours before the Heist | Seoul, South Korea.

 

“Oh sweetie, you sure you want to go through this heist? Well, it’s also the heist of the century and many others would like to be a part of it.” Taemin comments as he hands her the file that goes into detail about the mission.

“Shove a sock in it Taemin.” Ahri hisses as she hastily grabs the file out of his hands, flipping it open, “I know that you want me to go on this heist so you can get your share and pay for those you like to fool around with.”

“Got a twist in your there?” Taemin rolls his eyes, sending her a playful glare. Taemin is a well-known informant in the black market scene, he knew everyone and where everyone was, even those who went off the grid. You never wanted to get on his bad side, something Airi had seen from first-hand experience.

Those poor people have never seen the light of day after that experience.

 

“I swear, if you don’t keep your condescending mouth shut, i’m going to slice off your lips.” the girl snarls as her eyes scan through the folder.


 

Name: Kim Kai.

Birthday: January 14, 1994. 24 years old.

Current Residence: Gangnam, South Korea

Occupation: Vice President of Samsung Group.

Father: Kim Jaejoong, alive.

Mother: Kim Nayeon, dead.

Net Worth: 15,000,000,000 USD.

Eye Color: Brown

Height: 182 cm

Location: Macau.

Casino: The Venetian Macao.


 

“Hmm, he seems easy enough.” Ahri tosses the file back at the slender young man, “Why is it the heist of the century, or as you call it?”

“Rumor has it, the death of his mom was no accident. It was part of the Blue Squares activities. Nayeon apparently had a lot of dirt on the leader, so a freak accident happened, destroying most of the evidence of her death.” Taemin explains, handing her a paper from his front pocket. Ahri unfolds the paper reading what’s mostly scribbles and worn out edges, “And the son, Kai has been snooping around where his mom was investigating and it’s too close for comfort.”

“Right, cause RM always has to be in control, even though that man is two-faced as ever.” Ahri's sarcasm drips from her voice, finally realizing that most of the scribbles on the paper are from the famous man himself.

“Yes, RM does like to watch his guard, and so should you and that goddamn mouth of yours. I swear to god, you’re going to get me killed one day.” Taemin groans has he hands her something else from his pocket, this time a locket.

“RM isn’t going to do anything to you, he knows your existence is a must have in this lifestyle.” Airi comments as she examines the locket, “I know you love me, but what’s this for?”

“It’s Nayeon’s. It’s a duplicate though, of the key where she held all the secrets on the Blue Squares. Her son also has it, as also discovered recently.”

“Recently as in,” Ahri asks, the irritating growing her voice. She hated how Taemin liked to play these kinds of games of dragging information out.

“Two or more days ago. RM was furious because he thought he was the only one with the key, but apparently not.” Taemin shrugs nonchalantly.

Of course. RM would be furious, Ahri thinks to herself.

“So this heist, is the heist of the century because RM is backing it?”

“No, no, no, princess," Taemin teases her with the nickname she hates the most. "It’s the heist of the century because the Yellow Scarves are on the Kim’s side and trying to expose the Blue Squares.”

“Get rid of the Blue Squares, and then Yellow Scarves go back to being on top? What about Dollars? I assume they also have a say in this to make it the heist of the century.” Ahri paces back and forth. She’s been in the game long enough to know this runs deeper than what RM is hiring her for.

“You know Dollars, wild card as always. Though this is atypical of them, playing both sides. Instigating evidence on both sides. How do you think I got that paper and locket? RM would just hand it to me?” Taemin jokes and Ahri rolls her eyes in response.

“If you were a female and showed off your and spread your legs for him, RM is willing to do a lot, especially if you’re good.” Airi jokes, tilting her head a bit as she pouts a bit causing shivers to run down Taemin’s spine due to the pure disgust.

“Thanks, I’ll remember to tell you that the next time I need information from RM.” Taemin fires back, causing Airi to hit him with the file.

“It’s like you want to die or something.” Ahri snarls, but he just shrugs in response.

“Not by your hands my dear. But it’s fine, we all know RM prefers you over most others though.” Taemin says, pulling out another paper, “it’s a love letter from the man himself.”

Ahri snatches the paper from his hands, opening the letter and reading over the contents.

“Is this guy a ? He wants me to fly over tonight.” Ahri groans, throwing the paper back at Taemin who just laughs at your poor predicament.

“Well, for a man that has claimed his IQ is over 150, then yeah. Of course, I think he is an actual . Have you met the man? He prefers you over the girls I can offer-” Taemin goes off but he cannot finish his sentence once she punches him square in the shoulders, “JESUS WOMAN. WHO HURT YOU IN YOUR PAST LIFE?!”

“You, probably. Considering how much I want to rip you to shreds each time I stare your ing face.” Ahri snaps back as he rubs his arm at the exact impact, “But no matter. After I take down this brat, I can finally leave this goddamn world.” Ahri mutters as she tosses the file back to Taemin.

“Have fun, princess. Let the game begin.” Taemin smirks to himself as he watches Ahri walk away in her confident strut.

 

“The game is set~” Taemin hums to himself as he walks in the opposite direction, an almost skip in his step.

 

 

 

 

 


12 years ago, Gwangju, South Korea

 

“Hi, there! Do you have a name?” The boy asks and the girl shakes her head. The older lady standing with the boy tilts her head a bit.

“How about Ahri? I heard it means white Jasmine, and those are the flowers we have on the table.” The lady asks and the girl looks over to the table where she’s pointing at she sees the beautiful flowers. They’re not a bouquet like most would expect, but just a small collection of flowers that look like they were just picked.

“Yes! I agree! I picked out those flowers!” The boy smiles brightly at the girl. The girl not used to attention nods and draws her eyes to the floor, a pink tint covering her tiny cheeks.

"Ahri, come in! I can show you the garden where I picked those flowers!" the boy excitedly says as he grabs her hand quickly pulling her into the building and through the maze of what would become her home.