001

Twins

Being the son off an alpha lord, Johnny was not really fond of the people who threw themselves at him in hopes of being their mates. Taeyong snickered next to him as another omega slipped their number on his desk.

 

 

“Can they stop?” Johnny groaned because he is not like other alphas who grab on the chance of claiming or playing with some omega or beta, he wants to fall in love and mate with the perfect mate, whatever perfection means.

 

 

“Oh so your appointment falls on your birthday right?” Taeyong asked and Johnny nodded.

 

 

“The joy of being 25.” Johnny remarked then glared at the family photo on his desk.

 

“And the other packs will be presenting their omegas for you to choose from. You can’t escape this one buddy.” Taeyong snickered.

 

 

“Oh yeah perfect.” Johnny remarked and glared once more to the photo on his desk where his parent and older brother stood with him for his graduation.

 

 

“Stop glaring at Sehun hyung, he got to endure the mating offers too.” Taeyong chastised his friend.

 

 

“But he got to have the love of his life, Minseok hyung was his boyfriend to begin with.” Johnny banged his head on his desk.

 

 

“Mr. Seo.” A worried voice called and Johnny looked at the worried face of their Japanese omega co-worker, his assistant to be exact.

 

 

“Ah Yuta! Please call me Johnny.” Johnny beamed him a smile and the omega smiled back.

 

 

“Your father asked for you.” Yuta informed him and Johnny nodded, knowing that this meant he will be receiving the talk™.

 

 

“Yeah, I’ll be going, thanks Yuta.” Johnny said and patted Taeyong on his shoulder as his friend stiffened at the sight of Yuta. “Invite him.” Johnny whispered to Taeyong before he left the two.

 

 

Johnny knocked on his father’s door and entered the room. His father was smiling at him and Johnny knew that it meant bad, like horror movie bad.

 

 

“You do know why you’re here right?” Yoochun asked and Johnny nodded. “Great, unless you want to tell me that you already find a mate of yours then we have no choice but choose on your birthday.” Yoochun said and Johnny groaned.

 

 

“Do I have to?” Johnny asked and Yoochun nodded. “No, I don’t have a prospect.” Johnny said and Yoochun nodded.

 

 

“Thank you for being honest.” Yoochun then handed him a flash drive. “It contains the profiles of your prospect mates.” Yoochun said and dismissed his son.

 

 

Johnny begrudgingly exited his office and plopped himself back on his desk as Yuta served him his coffee. “What will I do without you Yuta.” Johnny perked up at the smell of coffee.

 

 

“I was chosen as your assistant for a reason Johnny.” Yuta chuckled and then handed Taeyong his own cup of coffee, the alpha thanked him and Yuta excused himself.

 

“Seriously ask him out before uncle Jaejoong and Uncle Yunho force you into a loveless mating.” Johnny prodded but Taeyong shook his head.

 

 

“I have 6 months, you have 1 so you first.” Taeyong retorted as Johnny booted his laptop and inserted the flash drive. He sighed as he looked at the profiles, all glorified and photoshopped that made him cringe to the core.

 

 

“They look so fake.” Johnny groaned.

 

 

“Hey don’t say that.’ Taeyong reprimanded his friend.

 

 

 

“Just look at them, they are overly photoshopped.” Johnny groaned, being a photographer himself, he would know what a raw picture would look like.

 

 

“Hey this one is not bad. Lee Yong Qin.” Taeyong said and Johnny nodded. “And this one too, Lee Qian Kun.” Taeyong added and Johnny nodded again.

 

 

“They look really cute!” Johnny remarked and it made Taeyong laugh.

 

 

“You really like the cute ones.” Taeyong said and Johnny nodded enthusiastically.


“oh wait, what if we ask for Yuta’s opinion?” Johnny asked Taeyong. “Like get an omega’s intuition?” Johnny said and Taeyong clapped his hand and nodded.

 

 

Yuta was called in and he sat next to Taeyong, the action made the alpha stiffen and Johnny had to hold in his laughter. Johnny turned the screen to him and explained his predicament, Yuta nodded in understanding and started browsing through the profiles.

 

 

“Aren’t omegas required to mate at a certain age as well?” Johnny asked and Yuta nodded.

 

 

“We do, I am actually slated to mate an alpha here in Korea that’s why I am here.” Yuta answered and Johnny looked at Taeyong who deflated at the omega’s answer.

 

 

“Do you know your alpha?” Johnny dared to ask and Yuta shook his head.

 

 

“Okasan did not elaborate who the alpha was, just told me that I will be financed until I get to meet my alpha. She said I was favored by an alpha lord because I wasn’t the docile omega their son wanted.” Yuta shrugged his shoulders.

 

 

“Are you okay with that?” Taeyong asked and Yuta nodded.

 

 

“Nothing much I could do. None of my packmates wanted an anomaly like me.” Yuta answered and pointed to the first profile. “This Lee Qian Kun has good credentials and he is good in housework, he’ll make a good mother to his children.” Yuta said and Johnny nodded.

 

 

“Is that an omega intuition?” Johnny asked and Yuta smiled before nodding.

 

 

“Yeah, his smile is genuine and his background is really clean. He’s someone who wouldn’t have motives.” Yuta said and continued to scroll down the profiles, stopping at another omega. “Lee Yong Qin, seems like a playful one but he can match Johnny’s carefree spirit. He’ll be good as a recipient for Johnny’s affection.” Yuta said and Johnny nodded.

 

 

“Yeah,  I have a lot of love to give.” Johnny said and Taeyong can attest to that. “Anyone else?” Johnny asked but Yuta shook his head.

 

 

“I don’t think the others were genuine or honest. That’s what I see it but of course, it’s still up to you to decide.” Yuta said and Johnny nodded.

 

“Thank you for your time Yuta.” Johnny remarked and Yuta stood and bowed before leaving.

 

 

Taeyong looked at the retreating back of the omega with forlorn eyes and Johnny took pity on his friend; he never expected Yuta’s answer. “Do you think Uncle Yoochun chose him for you?” Taeyong asked and Johnny shook his head.

 

 

“If appa did then I won’t be browsing through profiles to choose, he’ll just tell me to shut the up and mate with the one I chose for you.” Johnny said bluntly and that made Taeyong laugh a little. “I’m sorry Taeyong.” Johnny said sincerely.

 

“Don’t be, we’ll end up with the same fate anyway.” Taeyong said and Johnny nodded.

 

 

----

 

a/n: This will be a short story. Promise