::vi::

she didn't mind
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

::

 

chapter prompt: their friends/parents/fellow classmates/literally everyone can see they’re together even though they deny it

 

::

 

“Are you two dating?”

 

Byul feels her eyes going wide at her youngest sister, Yesol, who has her phone in hand while one has the spoon, playing with the soup their mother made as she shoves an article to Byul’s face. Her eyes cross at the proximity of the screen.

 

It’s an article from a site she’s never heard of, Solar and Photographer Moonbyul SPOTTED, is in bold letters for the header, and it’s clearly some pictures fans took of them during their holiday at the ski resort, some shots showing the clearly cropped and manipulated photo of taking Wheein and Hyejin out of the photo.

 

She scrolls some more, not bothering to read through the article and focusing on the pictures used. She notes that there’s even a screenshot of her own picture in Instagram, filing away a thought that she can file a lawsuit for not asking for her permission as the account owner before reposting, and tsks at her gullible youngest sister.

 

“We’re not,” she says simply. “, and put your phone away, we’re eating.”

 

“But you’re living together, right?” Seulgi pipes up from her place in front of Byul, giddy and a teasing lilt to her smile. Byul nods shakily, not knowing where this is going. She seems satisfied with their older sister’s nod, turning to Yesol immediatly. “Yesol, they’re not dating,” she says, Byul resuming her eating and hopes that whatever’s happening at their dinner table will stop soon. “, they’re married.”

 

Her two younger sisters cackle loudly, enough for her father to scold them lightly but not before shooting a teasing smirk at his oldest daughter.

 

“You,” Byul accuses, poking at her father’s shoulder on her way to the sink after their dinner. “, are a horrible father.”

 

Her father just laughs, full-bellied and happy at having a wonderful dinner with his wife and all of his children.

 

“Seulgi has a point there,” the head of the Moon family said, taking a stack of plate from his wife’s hands and carries it for her, watching as his two other younger daughters sneak out of the room to avoid their chores. “, Yongsun’s a great kid and she’s like a daughter to us, what’s stopping you?”

 

Byul sighs at her family’s poor attempt at matching her up, looking at her mother for help to which the Moon matriarch just shrugs and kisses her cheek, whispering a I’ll leave you two alone, and leaving her alone in the kitchen with her father.

 

“It’s Yongsunnie,” she starts when her father won’t stop waggling his eyebrows, washing the plates and handing it to Byul to arrange in the dishwasher neatly. “, she’s different from everyone.”

 

Her father hums. “What makes you think that?”

 

“She’s familiar,” Byul thinks out loud, brows pulled together. “She’s too important to me to risk something like this.”

 

“But you like her?” Her father inquires, voice softening at the obviousness that his daughter’s already thought about dating her best friend in the past.

 

Byul nods softly, body slouching at the effort. “I do.”

 

“Enough to date her?”

 

“I think…so, yeah?” She admits. It’s embarrassing how much Byul thinks about the what ifs when Yongsun’s cuddled up to her side as they do most nights, feeling herself curl her hand tighter against the frame pressed to her side, not wanting to pop the bubble of her intimate imagination just yet. “Like, when I treat her out for a fancy dinner or when we spend day offs together, I think about we’ve been practically a couple all along.”

 

Her father nods, putting the last plate in the dishwasher, scooping his daughter into an embrace.

 

“I like Yongsun,” he says against his daughter’s hair, laughing as she struggles out of his hold. “, she makes you soft.”

 

Byul breaks out of the hug, punching her father in the stomach lightly, smiling up at the man who never fails to make every jumbled mess inside her unfurl into clear understanding. “I’ll make sure to bring her over some time, then.”

 

Admitting it out loud to someone should be enough for now, Byul thinks, stomping up the stairs in an attempt to scare her younger sisters for teasing her at dinner, tickling them both when she corners them in Yesol’s bedroom.

 

Yongdunnie [9:34PM}

I burnt microwavable pizza

[Picture Attached]

Oops?

 

And Byul laughs, heart feels so full being surrounded with her family but also excited at coming home to Yongsun.

 

::

 

“Are you two dating?”

 

It’s a common question that never fails to give Yongsun the urge to roll her eyes so hard that it’ll somehow get stuck to the back of her head. She wonders if it’s because her celebrity reputation is so squeaky clean that the media just doesn’t know what juicy information to squeeze out of her a

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter