::ii::

she didn't mind
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

::

 

chapter prompt: they go to dances/social events together because “no one wanted to be their date”/“no one asked them out”

 

::

 

Yongsun sits at the breakfast bar, one of her feet tangled with the lower rung of the stool, finger idly scrolling through her tablet, a little irked with the glare of light reflecting against the surface of her tablet but if she closes the curtain, Byul will give her one of those that’s-not-healthy-for-you-and-I’m-disappointed-but-I’ll-let-it-go looks and maybe, Yongsun thinks, she’ll that for some other time.

 

Today is too much of a good morning for that mood.

 

The pan’s simmering lightly in the background, Byul somewhere below Yongsun’s line of vision—probably digging for dog food when she sees both of their dogs strut obediently by the stove, wagging their tail eagerly—and one of Yongsun’s older album plays in the background.

 

She’s distracted by the piercing barks of their dogs, hovering her upper body over the counter to see Byul sitting on the floor against the cupboards with two overly eager overgrown puppies lapping at her face.

 

Yongsun coos, recording it just in time for Byul to throw her head back, crashing against the cupboard, but laughter still bubbling and spilling over her lips that makes Yongsun smile behind her phone despite the ridiculousness of it all.

 

They settled back with the dogs scurrying off to eat their breakfast, Byul attending back to the stove, and Yongsun checking through today’s schedule, when she sees it:

 

Byulyiii: Suit Fitting (Company Gala)—5:00PM

 

“Hey,” she looks up just in time for Byul to plop a plate of food in front of them. “, you’re getting your suit fitted just tonight? Isn’t your gala, like, tomorrow?”

 

Byul looks at her funny for a second, before placing down a cup of juice for the two of them. “Yeah, it’s tomorrow.” She hands Yongsun her utensils, waiting for the singer to hold her chopsticks properly before she starts eating. “I told you we’ll go look after we’re done with yours so I’ll know which color to wear.”

 

There’s a spoonful of rice halfway into Yongsun’s mouth, perplexed but still too hungry to be surprised so she takes a bite before asking. “Why would we look for what I’ll wear?”

 

Byul tilts her head. “Because you’re coming too, right? To my company gala?” When Yongsun responds with a blank stare, Byul continues. “You’ll be my date, right? That’s why you only have that radio show in the afternoon and then you’re free until tomorrow.”

 

Yongsun feels like this is the first time they’re having this conversation. “Wait a minute, wait a minute,” she says, unable to stop herself from plowing a few spoonfuls of food in before regarding her best friend with a serious expression, chewing as fast as she could with her cheeks filled with food. “When did this happen? I’ll be your date? And how come I don’t know about this?”

 

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter