First Date

Little Lost Love

Saturday, the week after Ricky's surprise birthday party...

"Where are you going?" L. Joe asked when he saw his younger sister descend the stairs dressed in a simple white singlet with a pink jacket and a red miniskirt complete with a purple slingbag.

"I'm going out." Haemi answered shortly as she proceeded to slip on her flats. "Find your own lunch." She added.

L. Joe stared at her. "Who are you going out with?" He demanded.

"Someone." Haemi fled the scene quickly and shut the door, even locking it.

L. Joe glowered at the door. "Why won't she want to tell me the truth of it?" He asked himself out loud. "I did give them my blessings, didn't I?" He sighed. He shook his head, shrugged and went back to watching television.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Haemi reached the designated location in about ten minutes of walking. They're meeting place was in the hot spot where many couples went to visit, Hankang River. Haemi blinked as she looked around. 'Hmm... Seems like oppa isn't here yet.' She thought.

All of a sudden, somebody tapped her from behind. She turned around and her eyes widened when she saw a bouquet of lilies. "Hello Haemi." Chunji smiled at her. Chunji was decked in a simple white shirt with a black vest and blue jeans complete with black converse.

Haemi instantly turned pink at his sweetness. "Oppa... You look handsome." She stated as she averted her gaze then suddenly, she looked at him then she glanced at her watch. "Am I late?" She asked.

"No, you're actually early by five minutes." Chunji answered. "And you look cute today. Come on, let's go watch the movie before we have lunch." Chunji smiled. Together, the new couple went towards the cinema and bought their tickets before they went in.

Two and a half hours later, they exited the hall, laughing after the end of the comedy film. "That was great, oppa!" Haemi giggled as she recalled the film. "So, where shall we eat?" She asked as she turned around and smiled brightly at Chunji.

Chunji thought about it then asked her, "What do you wish to eat, Haemi?" 

"Can I really choose?" She asked with her eyes wide. When Chunji nodded, she squealed happily. "I want to eat spaghetti!" Her eyes were wide with anticipation.

"Sure! I know a great place for spaghetti!" Chunji nodded easily and then he led Haemi off to a restaurant. It was nearby, thankfully and they reached the place in five minutes. "Ahjussi!" Chunji called out.

"Oh! If it isn't Chanhee, what have you come round today for?" A middle-aged man came out from the kitchen. "Ah, your girlfriend?" There was a twinkle in his eyes when he caught sight of Haemi standing slightly behind Chunji. "Take a seat, take a seat." He gestured. "I'll prepare some food immediately for you!" He glanced back into the kitchen. "Dear, Chanhee's here. I suppose you want your usual?" He asked Chanhee.

"Ahjussi, this is Haemi. She wants to eat your special spaghetti." Chunji said, grinning. He took Haemi by the hand, of which Haemi was startled but didn't pull away since she was pleased, and sat her down neatly at a table for two and sat on the other side. 

"That was...?" Haemi asked when the man went back to the kitchen.

"I used to come here all the time." Chunji said. "Back in middle school, during the period of separation I guess between you and Byunghun but we came here most of the time and we simply just made friends with him. He's very friendly and wacky." Chunji smiled fondly as he glanced towards the kitchen. "But his pasta is the best. You can't argue. I've never tasted such great spaghetti elsewhere and it's pretty cheap too. You could come here again with your friends if you want to."

"That's nice." Haemi said. "You must really be very fond of him as he is of you." Haemi stated. "I wanted to eat spaghetti because a few days ago, that insensitive older brother of mine kept talking about spaghetti and pasta. It made me crave for it so much and to think that I would actually eat what my brother ate... Wow. Thank you for this opportunity, oppa."

"Think nothing of it." Chunji answered but he was flushing.

"Spaghetti is here, for the lovebirds." A woman came out holding two plates of spaghetti. "Chanhee-dear, this is your usual. And dearest child," She turned to Haemi with a warm expression, "Here is yours. It's our house specialty, you have to try it on your first visit." She winked. "Any drinks?" She asked.

"Water, please." Haemi smiled back.

"Coke." Chunji added.

"Manners," The woman eyed Chunji but she walked off and her husband returned later with their drinks. 

"Here you go, water for the young miss and coke for our growing Chanhee." He ruffled Chunji's hair and left the couple in peace at last as he went to serve other customers that were coming into their shop.

 

About an hour later, the couple left the spaghetti house. "Thank you, ahjussi, ahjumma. I will come again." Haemi bowed to the wedded couple. 

"She's such a sweet girl. You're lucky, you know Chanhee." The woman said. "Come again." She smiled at Haemi.

Chunji had paid for both their meals although Haemi did argue slightly but was silenced by Chunji when he had said, "It's only right for the male to pay when he asked her out," causing Haemi to blush silently.

"I'll see you soon, ahjussi, ahjumma." Chunji saluted the two and took a hold of Haemi's hand again and walked out. Now, they really did seem like girlfriend and boyfriend with all the holding hands. 

"Where are we going now?" Haemi asked.

Chunji grinned. "Let's go walk around." He pulled her gently and they walked towards a shopping center. They walked the first three levels of the shopping center in about fifteen minutes when Haemi paused by a small antique shop. Chunji stopped as well and gave Haemi time to look around.

"This is beautiful." Haemi whispered as she held up a rusted necklace which was probably worthless. At the end of the necklace were two crescents separately but Haemi but them together and showed it to Chunji, "Look at this. It's a heart now." She said.

"Let's get it then." Chunji smiled.

"No, that's alright. I don't really wear jewelry." Haemi shook her head as she gently placed it back down but Chunji could see the reluctance in her actions.

"How much is this?" Chunji asked the salesperson.

Barely two minutes later, they came out of the shop, with Chunji holding onto Haemi's necklace, which was wrapped in paper,  "Oppa, you didn't have to." Haemi began.

"Oh, it's not yours yet." Chunji grinned at Haemi. "I'll give it to you when the time is right." He said. "Let's go."

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

"Welcome home." L. Joe said dryly when Haemi entered the house later at six in the evening. "Do you even have enough time to cook dinner?" He sounded bored and was flipping through the channels non-stop.

"I don't, which was why I took the liberty of buying back for you." Haemi rolled her eyes at him as she removed her shoes and placed it neatly into the shoe cabinet. "I'll leave it on the kitchen table or do you want to eat it there?"

"Are you eating with me?" L. Joe asked.

"Obviously, I didn't want to impose anymore on Chanhee-oppa." Haemi stated. "I'll just get changed then so we're eating in the kitchen, right?"

"Right." L. Joe nodded. He grinned and came up with a devious plan to tease his younger sister.

Haemi came down ten minutes later, dressed in home clothes again. "Let's eat then." Her hair was wet which made it clear that she just showered. 

The Lee siblings sat down at the kitchen table and began their dinner. "So, how was the date with Chunji?" L. Joe asked with a cunning grin.

Haemi looked up at L. Joe, startled. "How did you know I went out with Chanhee-oppa?" She asked.

"You mentioned it earlier and I already knew." L. Joe scoffed. "Please don't keep this from me, alright? I gave my blessings you know." He said. "If I didn't trust Chunji, I wouldn't have let you date him, right? Believe me, I'm very protective over my only sister."

Haemi smiled at him gingerly. "Well, I hope you don't get a girlfriend without my permission either. I am also very protective over my only brother." Haemi answered back at him with a huff and easily finished her dinner, cleared her plate and left L. Joe, stunned, alone in the kitchen.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I know. It's been awhile since I last updated. I apologize sincerely for it and making all of you fantastic subscribers to wait. My mum was in an accident so things were pretty hectic and my sister is also leaving the country for quite awhile so the house is in a mess.

I hope you enjoy this chapter though. I'm not sure how to end this story yet though. I still have to clear several things before this story can end but I hope you'll support it all the way until it ends! 

Thanks for reading. <3