A New Start

Little Lost Love

"I'm attending the same school as you, oppa?" Haemi asked when she saw similarities in the school uniforms.

Byunghun nodded. "I guess so... That is the girls' uniform after all..." Byunghun stated. He looked a little uncomfortable. It was Monday and Haemi's first day of school at Top High School. "Are you sure you want to be going to school by yourself?" He asked again.

"I'm sure. You're a senior aren't you?" Haemi said. "You've got your finals coming up. I'm pretty sure I can cope with by myself." Haemi smiled. "You have to go early for classes, right? I'll be right along soon, as soon as I finish washing the dishes." Haemi now steered Byunghun firmly by the shoulders towards the main door. She watched him as he hesitantly put on his shoes and his bag at him. "Go." She said.

Byunghun, uncertain, left the house and kept glancing back but he still left anyway. He knew better than to test his sister's patience. Even when they were young, Haemi's temper when it broke was scary. She whined non-stop and became naggy in another instant altogether.

Haemi sighed as she shut the door. 'A new school, huh... Wonder if I'll actually make any friends...' Haemi thought to herself and went to the kitchen and washed the dishes. Once she was done, she grabbed her bag, put on her school shoes and left the house, making sure to lock all the doors and windows. She took out her phone, which had an inbuilt GPS system and began to navigate her way to school. It's not that she probably would get lost but it's just that she hadn't been in Seoul for years and there were many changes around.

It was a fifteen minutes walk for Haemi and she finally reached school to see many students walking through the gates as well. Haemi looked around and saw that most people came to school with friends and were chatting merrily. 'This is going to be a long year...' Haemi thought to herself. Bracing herself for whatever would come later, she strode towards the staff room and asked for her homeroom teacher, as her father had told her to the night before when he came back.

"I'm looking for Mrs. Jung." Haemi told one of teachers who had opened the door.

"Mrs. Jung, was it?" The teacher asked and Haemi nodded. He walked back in and then a lady dressed neatly in office wear came to the door.

"Yes, and you are?" Mrs. Jung asked.

"I'm a new transfer student who's going to be in your form class. My name is Lee Haemi." Haemi introduced herself politely and gave a bow.

"Ah... Alright. Why don't you wait here for a little while? I'll just go in and gather my things then I'll bring you to your class, okay?" Mrs. Jung smiled kindly at Haemi. Haemi nodded and Mrs. Jung went back in. True to her word, she came out barely a minute later, her arms ladled with all her items.

Mrs. Jung led the way through the corridors and finally reached a classroom marked 1B. She opened the door and instantly the class hushed and all the students clamoured to their seats. Haemi stiffly followed Mrs. Jung in and stood awkwardly at the front of the class.

"Stand," The class monitor, a boy, said loudly and clearly. "Greet." The class greeted the teacher. "Bow." They bowed. "Sit." Everyone sat.

"Alright class, today we have a new student with us. She transferred here from Busan. Her name is Lee Haemi. Please be nice to her and help her along as and when you can." Mrs. Jung said. "Haemi, you can sit there, by the window." Mrs. Jung pointed out an empty seat in the classroom.

Haemi silently walked to the back of the classroom and sat down in her chair meekly. 'I hope this day ends quickly...' Haemi thought.

"Well now class, take out your textbook and turn to page thirty-eight." Mrs. Jung continued and with that, lessons officially began.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Enjoy!