Episode Two

Episodes of Us


"Did you just call me here so you can me?" I didn't want to sound so hurt but my voice broke along the words. We always end up like this. She's . I'm . We are lying in a bed stealing some covers, sharing some skin. This is the result of my weakness against her touch and kisses. I tried to stop her from standing up. "For once, treat me like I mean something else for you. Something more than just your bedwarmer." I wasn't able to stop my tears from running down. 

But she just looked down on me, her eyes void of any emotions. "Don't flatter yourself too much, Im Nayeon. You don't even get to pass for a bed warmer. God, don't you know how bad you are in bed? Very unsatisfactory." And she bursted into a laugh that can mock the devil down in hell. 

I know it would be like this. 

After everything, it will just end up like this.

One day she's screaming she love me loud and the next day she's so cold. One day she's here, one day she's there. One day she cares, she's so unfair. 

"Are you going somewhere?" I went up to pick up my clothes.

"Momo will be in town. I'll meet her." She said scanning her wardrobe. And she settled for a denim short and white shirt. Very casual, very unusual. "Get dressed. " She said.

"Are you taking me with you? or are you sending me home?"

She looked at me for a while, I get anxious getting dressed as she's scanning my whole body. 

"You are going with me." 

"So it's a date?"

She looked at me again, emotions, that's what I saw. What kind of emotions? That's what I don't know.

"Yes, you'll be my date." She already left the room but my heartbeat still racing. Funny how words can rumble one's whole nervous and circulatory system. Funny how I hate her yet I'm yearning for her love.

Funny.

"Nayeon," Sana came in. She gave me medicine bottle. "Make her drink her medicine. Please...." 

"How long has it been already?" 

"Almost a week." My eyes widen. Mina can't just walk around without taking her medications. "I need your help." Sana has been pleading, and for a member of J-Line to plea means it's a big deal.

'I-I'll try what I can do, you know our situation, it's not like she listens to me." 

She just nodded and pinch her nose, I can see that this is stressing her. 

"Oh, Mina and I will meet Momo. Are you coming too?" I asked her. They are the famous J-Line of the university afterall. The law-breakers, delinquents. But Sana just shook her head.

"Just enjoy your date and please, her medications." She looked at the small container I'm holding and went out. I did the same. I saw Mina waiting for me at the parking lot. 

"Get in." She opened the passenger seat for me. I smiled. Sometimes the simple gestures are what's lethal to the heart. 

We are already both inside the car but she's just holding the streering wheel. 

"Uh-are we waiting for someone?" I asked. Great, a conversation started. 

"Give it to me." She said with her coldest voice. 

"Give you what?" I don't know what she meant. If it's my ity, well, I gave it up to her months ago. She started searching at my pocked and inside my bag. Then she picked her medicine that Sana gave and roll down the window and throw it outside. 

"Why did you do that?!!" Yes, I shout at her. Yes, I am mad. I opened the door to go out and get the bottle but she locked the door. "Unlock this, Mina! You need your medicine!" 

"No," Was all she said and stepped on the gas.

Damn it, I failed Sana. But how did she know that I have her medicine with me? 

"If Sana asked you, just tell her I drank it."

"So now you want me to lie? You could have just drink it." I raised my hands in the air. 

"You don't understand!" She stepped on the brakes. I almost hit my face on the dashboard. "They are trying to poison me. They are planning things and they want me gone!" This is the first time I see her like this. "This is why we need to see Momo. She will help me. She'll know what to do." She started the engine and drove again. 

"Who are 'they'?" I don't believe everything that Mina said but I don't doubt her entirely. As far as I know,  Mina's real mother left when she's still a baby and left all the inheritance under her name, not on her father. And as what I've heard, Mina don't have a good relationship with her step-mother. 


"I don't know yet. But Momo will know."  She stepped on the accelerator.