Episode Three

Episodes of Us

"Hirai!" She called the raven haired girl who's wearing a suit and holding suit case but the girl was busy talking to someone over the phone she didn't hear Mina calling her. As I observed the other delinquent, I must say she's very pretty. She's tall, fit and totally attractive.

"Stop drooling over Momo, Im." Blood rushed to my face when Mina caught me oogling over Momo. 

"I'm not!" I denied and looked away. She murmured something but it's uncomprehensible. I turned back to her and her expression is hard to read. What now, is she mad at me?

"Myoui." Finally, Momo noticed us and she came closer. She extended her hand and flashed us her smile. I saw her perfect set of white teeth. Mina pulled me closer to her before she accepted Momo's hand shake, it was brief, both let go right away.

"Hirai." She's so formal. I didn't expect this. I was expecting them to run and hug each other. "Good thing you decided to show up. By the way, you forgot something when you left last time." 

"Huh? What did I forgot?" Momo asked innocently. She's so cute.

"This." Mina stepped forward and swing a strong punch. It hit Momo on the face and was pushed down to the ground. That was hard, the beaten girl wiped the blood from her bruised lips. "Next time you mess with Sana, I'll kill you myself."

Momo forced a smile while struggling to stand, it's clear that her head still spinning inside because she can't even support herself to sit up. I tried to help her up but Mina pulled me back to her side. "Stay right here." I looked at her and she's also looking at me, intensely. 

She walked over to Momo and pull her up. "I didn't expect you to be this weak."

"Hey, I just came back from a long travel. I didn't get any sleep but I went straight to meet you. Is this how you welcome a friend?" She chuckled as she explained.

"Be thankful. You know you deserve more than just a punch for what you did." Mina replied.

"I know, I know. And just don't tell Sana that I'm already back in Korea." Momo said trying to massage her jaw but Mina turned to me like waiting for me to confess something. Now, I'm really convinced she heard me and Sana talking earlier but how?

"Uhhm, sorry Momo but Sana already knew you're here. I mentioned Mina and I will meet you here today."  I felt embarassed, I didn't know this was supposed to be a secret meet up much more I didn't know about Sana and Momo's relationship. 

"Oh, that's fine... I guess? But what's your name again? You look familiar." Momo asked, there's a playful smirk plastered on her lips. 

"She's Im Nayeon, we do attend in the same school so maybe you already saw her there." Mina answered for me.

"Are you Myoui Mina's girlfriend?"

"I'm not." 

"She is."

Mina and I answered at the same time but we said two different things. Momo just laughed at both of us and Mina glared at me.

"You're amusing. Many would kill just to be her girl and here you are denying her in front of her best friend. Very admirable." She held my hand "If you need help about anything, don't hesitate to ask me. If you get tired of Mina's antics, you can be my girl instead. I'm always available." And she placed a quick kiss at the back of my hand.

Did she just-? I immidiately turned to look at Mina who met my eyes with burning gaze. I released my hand quickly from Momo's grip. The girl just winked at me. What a tease. 


"Now I understand why Sana gave up on you." Mina said and walked ahead.

Momo snickered, "Don't mind her, she's just jealous." She s her hand on mine and dragged me to walk.

Mina is jealous? The thought made my heart skipped a beat. 

We reached the table where Mina was already sitting and reading a magazine, she looked up and her eyes automatically landed on our entwined hands. She looked at me for a moment but went back to read right away.

Yeah, jealous my foot. 

We joined her in the table and I sat beside Momo. But Mina briskly closed the magazine and slammed it to the side. 

"Sit right here, Im." She demanded haughtily pointing at the seat beside her which I complied right away. Momo just smiled on the side mouthing 'You're so whipped' to me. I blushed because I know it's true for my case, but I just don't know with Mina. I looked at her dreamily while she was calling for the waiter and that gave me time to admire her side profile. The sight is to die for.

"Staring is rude, Im Nayeon." I was too drowned in her beauty to notice that the waiter already left and Mina was staring back right to my soul. I shook my head and remained silent for the whole while.

After we finished our meals Momo started asking weird questions;

"Does she knows?" Momo asked. She who?

"I don't think she does. Don't you think it's better if we tell her?" Mina replied. Who are they talking about. I may be too intrigued but I kept my mouth shut and listened to both of them.

"No way! How do you think she'll feel if she knew?" Momo perked at her seat. "We're lying to her, yes,  but I think once she knew what's happening, she'll feel worse." 

"What you did to her was the worst." Mina commented.

Momo sighed. "Let's set aside my personal issue with Sana for a moment and let's talk about you." 

Oh, so it's Sana. I nod my head as I understood the situation. 

"What are you nodding your head for?" Mina asked me.

"Uh- nothing." I shook my head.

"Stop being weird, will you?" She rolled her eyes on me. 

What the hell? I clenched my fist stopping myself from shouting at her. What did she bring me here for anyways? Clearly this isn't the date that I expected.

Momo seemed to notice my uneasiness. "Don't get mad at her, Mina. She's cute when she's weird." She smiled to me and make peace sign beside her face.

"If she's that cute for you then you can have her." Mina said nochalantly. 

I thought my head had spring attached at how fast I turned to her. I looked at her murderously but she just shrugged her shoulders. 

"You'll end up regretting what you said, Myoui." Momo was smiling but her tone was void of any happiness.

Mina smiled and it's my first time seeing her smile like this; she's always cold, grumpy, scary and intimidating. It feels like her smile lit up the whole restaurant. "I was just kidding, I'll kill you if you take her from me. And you, "She gently touched my chin and made me face her. "You're mine, don't you dare forget that."

Her words made a living circus inside my heart. 

I know I blushed but I can't help it. Her possessive side always showing up at unexpected moments - I'm loving it. 

The facets of Mina, how many more does she have?

"Okay, love birds. Remember I'm single, I might strangle you both for illegal Public Display of Affection." Momo snorted and crossed her arms in annoyance.

With that, Mina went back to being proper. "Sorry, but it's still your fault that you're single now."

Momo looked away for a moment. She seemed to remember something and sighed. She put her suitcase on the table and opened it. "Now, back to the matter. You didn't know I went back to Japan to check things and you'll not believe what I have discovered." 

The atmosphere was suddenly filled with suspense and tension.

"They are planning this for so long. When did you start feeling weird you say?" She asked Mina.

 

Again, they.

"When I was 12." Mina answered but she immidiately held her head like it's aching. It worries me seeing her in pain. "N-No, they gave me prescription since I'm 10 and things started to be different but first attack happened when I was 12." 

Prescription? 

"Well, they planned longer than that." Momo pulled out some documents from her suitcase.

Mina scanned those letters and she became pale. 


"They started planning this 2 years before your Step-mother met your Father. Imagine, how articulate they were. They know what food all the three of you eat, to the places you go, to your schedule, to your family's trusted driver, cleaner, guard. Everything about your family was monitored and studied.

I looked at the papers and Momo was right. Oh my god, they have been stalking Mina's family for so long.

"Your father meeting your step-mother wasn't a coincidence either. It was planned out. The cheating and betrayal was calculated. And at this point, with all these data, it leads me into thinking that the disappearance of the original Mrs. Myoui was rather odd." Mina stiffened upon hearing about her Mom. Unconsciously, her hand crumpled the papers she's holding. I had to hold her hand to calm her. She's sweating and panting hard as well. Mina is sick, too much emotion will weaken her, now I wish for Momo to shut up. 

"Mina, your Mom loves you so much, I am a witness to that. But why would she leave you alone in that house? If she really wanted to leave, she'll surely take you and besides I saw this.." She pulled out a phone. Mina's eyes widen in shock.

"It's Mom's phone, where did you find this?!" She forced to stand but she got outbalanced and fall back to her seat. The stress is eating her, I held her back for support. I looked at Momo to stop but she shook her head and continued.

"I asked Chewy to run her Mafia connections as soon as I saw all these and got a hunch about what happened. Those Mafia worked like dogs. They didn't find your Mom but they found this." She unlock the phone and showed us the last call received. 

*****13748

 

Mina and I looked at Momo with confused expression.

"I asked Tzuyu to track this number and she found it's source at your step-mother's hometown address - Miyawaki's residence." 

"I can forgive what they did to me, but if they did anything bad to my mother... I swear, I'm gonna-" Not able to finish her sentence, Mina clutch her chest and grunt in pain. 

 

I stood up to help Mina breathe and Momo took out some pills from her suitcase. "Take this, this is not the antidote but it can somehow ease the effect of the poison they gave you."

 

Poison..

 

 

"Why would they poison her? What did Mina ever do to them?" Mina already calmed down but her breathing still irregular.

 

"I exist. That's the hole on their plan, they can't get rid of me because before my Mom gets missing, she signed a legal document bestowing the entire wealth of the family under my name and it'll float until I reach 25. Once I reach my signed age, all assets will be transferred to me but if I die before that age, everything will automatically go to the government." Mina tried to explain even she can hardly breathe.

 

 

"For a group of articulate people, they seemed stupid. They failed to know that even Myoui Akira was the head of the Myoui's bussines empire, it was Mrs. Myoui that handles all the accounts and investments. Let's say, she let the people think he was the boss but behind the curtain, it's actually her who's pulling the strings." Momo added.

 

She took out an injection and small liquid container from the suit case and cleaned the spot below Mina's biceps (back of elbow). She then inject it to her. I'd like to know if Momo is a nurse, a detective, a corporate hier or a hooligan delinquent student. J-Line is very far from what the whole student body think that they are.

 

"You'll feel sleepy in a bit." She informed Mina. She assisted her to stand up and walked her out of the resto.

 

"I don't want to sleep, I'll have nightmares." She whined like a child. Is that why she have those dark bags below her eyes?

 

"Don't worry, I'll keep you company." I assured her. She just looked at me with those sleepy eyes.

 

"But I want to drive you home. We haven't started our date yet." 

Date.

She's so adorable. 

 

"We can have our date when you're better." I opened the car door and Momo slide her in. She was already alseep.

 

"You know she don't mean anything she said, right?" Momo's words struck like lightning. When I faced her, she seemed different from the Momo I met earlier. "I don't really know you, Ms.Im, and I don't know how you met Mina but I just want to tell you this, Mina will never be yours." She throw me the car keys that she got from Mina's pocket. "Drive." And she entered the backseat and pulled Mina's head to lean on her shoulder. 
 

I was left spechless but that was nothing compared to the jealousy I felt seeing Mina with someone else.

 

I know Mina's attitude was unstable. It's always changing but still a part of me hopes she meant what she said. 

 

I combed my hair with my fingers in frustration, I want to kick Momo away from Mina and I'll be the one to sit beside her instead. But the raven haired Japanese was scary, she exudes that delinquent aura they are famous about.

 

I dragged my feet to go to the driver's seat.

 

"Where are we going?"

 

"At my house." Momo replied caresing Mina's hair. 

 

My gripped tightened in the steering wheel. "Mina has her own house." Why would I let her stay at Momo's residence.

 

"I don't want to think that you're jealous, I'm Nayeon." She countered. "Besides, I want to take care of my bestfriend." She looked at me through the rearside mirror. "What about you? What can you do for her?"

 

Nothing. I can do nothing.

 

I shut up and stepped on the gas. I know I'm fuming inside but I'm not Mina's girlfriend, what rights do I have? Let's discuss.

 

Besides, what did I ever say before? 

 

I can't let myself be associated with these delinquents. But Mina... I sighed and continue driving.