Episode Five

Episodes of Us

We panicked inside the whole room as we don't know what to do with Mina. She was shaking, sweating and cold. We didn't wait for the Dr. Park that Sana called, she ready her car and Momo lifted Mina right away. We drove all the way to hospital. I was the one driving;

"Ya! Are you going to get us killed?" Sana shouted at me while gripping the seatbelt wrapped in front of her.

"Nayeon, I don't want to die yet!" Momo whined at the backseat, she's closing her eyes and holding her breath. Mina was lying on the backseat, her head rested in Momo's lap. We covered her with all the blanket we got but she was still cold.

Hang on Mina, I'll get you there. I focused on the road and stepped on the gas.

"Nayeonnnn!" Momo and Sana shouted at the same time but I paid them no attention.

When we reached the hospital, Mina was rushed to the Emergency room and the three of us were left outside. Momo went directly to Information to register Mina. "She is Myoui Mina and if anything happens to her, I'll hold this hospital responsible." 

"Stop threatening the nurse will you?" Sana in and apologized to the nurse. "If anything, this is entirely your fault." She blamed the raven haired girl.

"Will you two shut up?!" I got enough of their bickering. They looked shocked, who wouldn't? An ordinary student shout at members of J-Line. This will be news. But thankfully, the two walked away from each other. Momo went back to Information and Sana called someone, she was speaking Japanese maybe she reported what's happening here.

We waited for hours, no one left the door of the Emergency room. When the doctor came out, the three of us approached him expectantly. 

"She's okay now. We'll transfer her to ICU. But I-ah, who's the guardian of the patient?" The Doctor looked at the three of us.

"I am." The three of us answered in unison. We looked at each other in disbelief.

"I will only need to speak with one." He don't know whom to speak because all looked agressive. 

"I'll talk to him." Momo spoke. "You two needs to stay with Mina for awhile." 

Sana looks like she'll disagree but Momo dragged the Doctor right away. Sana and I went to change for hospital gown and wore a sterile cap and mask and went inside Mina's room. She was a pathetic sight, she has oxygen and dextrose connected to her. Her hearbeat somehow weak as well as what it seems in her cardiac monitor. 

What's really happening? Is this why she didn't show up at school for weeks now? I thought she was just being rebellious and delinquent as she is.

Sana went closer and kneel down beside the bed. She was crying already. "I'm sorry Mina, this wouldn't  have happened if I  did my job properly.  This is my fault. If only I did better in pursung you to follow the prescriptions..."

Prescriptions?

"Those prescriptions are what's gonna kill Mina!' Momo bursted from the door and grabbed Sana from the hand. She thow her to the side , Sana whimper in pain as her body hit the wall. I stood in the middle of them because Momo looks like she's gonna kill Sana in a snap.  She was raging and anger is evident in her face, "All of you did this to her!" She dashed to strangle Sana but I stop before she can even reach the poor girl. I drag them both out the ICU and when we're outside, Momo threw a pieace of paper to Sana's direction. 

"What's this?" Sana asked while wiping her tears to see clearly.

"Don't you know how to ing read?" Momo has raised her voice again. Ugh, I can't with these two. I took the paper from Sana and read.

This is a doctor's diagnosis?

"Mina will need a kidney transplant.." My voice faded as I continue. "Why would she need a transplant? What's going on here Momo?"

"Don't look at me like that. Why don't you ask Sana and her bosses?" Momo's voice was full of spite.

"Okay, let's set this straight. What's your issue with me and my bosses? Huh? You didn't hear anything from me when Hirais are basically Myoui's dogs!" Sana flared up as well and now they are shouting at each other. 

"Do you really want to know the truth?!" Momo dared. " You're weak and emotional. Can you really handle the truth Sana? ing answer me!" 

"Is that what's this is all about? Then tell me now."

"You are poisoning her!" Momo's words echoed in the hallway.

"I-what?" Sana stuttered, shocked of what she have heard.Momo washed her face with her hands probably regretting what she have said. "Nayeon, did I heard it correctly? I am poisoning Mina? What the heck was that.. Momo what rubbish are you talking about?!"

I sighed. I myself don't even understand Mina's situation much more of the people around her. 

"You are poisoning her. The prescritions you were giving her has lead content and it has been affecting her internal organs and brain. And today, her kidney failed and needs to be replaced." Momo explained but she was facing the wall. I can feel that she's having a hard time telling this to Sana as well. 

"I-but...That's impossible, Those prescriptions and medicines are straight from Japan. They will never do that to their heiress." Sana almost said it to herself, she sound so unsure.

"Don't you ever wonder why it's the new Mrs. Myoui whose giving you the medicines and not the family physician?" 

"Dr. Aikawa was said to be in a vacation."

"What kind of family doctor wouold be in a vacation for 8 years? Dr. Aikawa discovered what's happening and he was silenced.'

"What do you mean?"

"Dr. Aikawa was killed."

Sana looks she couldn't process the information. "I just received an email from him yesterday saying I should not let Mina skip her medication. Stop all these nonsense, Momo. It's not funny." Sana demanded.

"Dr. Aikawa was found dead at Aokigahara Forest but this report was soon labeled as restricted, even his family does not know he's already dead. If you don't believe me why don't you try call him... if he'll answer. The new Mrs. Myoui was the one managing his email address now. Basically, you are not following Dr. Aikawa's order's but Mrs. Myoui instead. And her order was simple, for you to give poison to Mina everyday which you willingly complied." 

"I didn't know that! Why didn't you tell me this sooner? Was Mina aware of this? ,Does she know I-I'm killing her?" Sana's voice broke down. She's crying and sobbing. Momo looked away , unable to take the sight of her friend. I went to Sana to hug her, hoping to console her guilt. "...Does she know?"

"She does.." Momo answered without facing her. Sana sobbed louder. 

"Why didn't you tell me? Why did you let me do this to her?" She's practically hesterical. 

"Im sorry, we don't want you to feel guilty."

"DO I LOOK LIKE I'M NOT GUILTY RIGHT NOW?! You could have told me, atleast you, I trusted you. We could have stopped this..Mina could still be.." Sana stood up and throw short punches on Momo's shoulder. The raven haired girl catched both her hands and locked her in a hug. Momo was also in verge of tears.

'I'm sorry.. I don't blame you. I'm truly sorry if I said anything stupid earlier, I was just upset of what's happening to her. You were not aware, and I'm sorry for not telling you all these but Mina and I were just thinking about you, we don't want you to lose your job either. This is not the right time for any of us to get jobless, okay?" Momo let go Sana and cupped her face. "You should continue responding to the email like how you used to and you should continue following orders. I'll take care of the dirty works just continue taking care of Mina."

"She may have hated me.." Sana declared.

"She never felf that way, if anything, she was very thankful to you during those times she wanted to kill herself. You have no idea how many sleepless nights I spent so just I can  stop her from overdosing herself on the tablets you've given. Mina loves you, okay? She even punched me when she thought I cheated on you. Can you imagine Mina punching me? Our Mina... punching me. " Momo whined.

Sana touched Momo's bruised lips. "Did it hurt?"

"Barely." Momo sneered. I mentally rolled my eyes on her, if I remembered correctly she couldn't even stand after Mina hit her. 

 

"You should not anger Mina and you should not keep things from me starting today. Okay? We'll figure things out together." Sana pulled Momo again for another hug.

I sniffed watching the two girls console each other. Momo may have acted like she hates Sana but it was very obvious that she feels deeply for the girl. 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

*What do you think about this?

*Next update mostly Minayeon scenes