Ljoe's Answer

Secret Dance

 

Really. Ljoe was taken aback by the sudden declaration. Clueless of what to do, he just stared at Chunji, his lips almost forming a word but Chunji cut off.

"Byunghun, I love you," he repeated.

 

This time Ljoe blinked a few times to get a hold of reality again. 

He then turned to the sky, manisfesting the masterpiece of mother nature. "Lame."

 

Huh? Lame? What? The way I confessed? 

 

"Very lame joke Chanhee. You should come with something better if you wanna liven up the night."

"You thought that was a joke?!"

"Of course," Chunji was replied with a knowing look from Ljoe. It was whether he didn't get the message, or he just didn't want to know what Chunji truly meant.

 

Chunji sighed. He thought of just giving up the stupid thing his heart longed for. Now they were both gazing at the sky, studying how most of the stars formed various shapes to decorate the black sheet of night. 

Just then, the eyes of the blond perceived something glowing far brighter than the other stars. He couldn't decide what the thing was but it clicked in his mind when the great radiance boosted forward non-stop.

A shooting star! Chunji closed his eyes right away to wish something upon the star. 

Yet he had no vim to act up the child's play. All I want now is Ljoe. He pouted. He turned to Ljoe whom was in the midst of making a wish.

 

"What did you wish for?" Chunji asked out of curiosity. There was nothing else worth to talk about.

"That you'll return to be the 'happy Chunji' again."

"Huh..?" Chunji was startled. 

"Just kiddin'. Can't tell you."

 

Even if he was kidding, a gleam of delight occupied Chunji's heart until there was no more space for his blood to flow.

He looked at Ljoe, apparently to search for an answer to what he should do but instead of an answer, Chunji found Ljoe's eyes glued to his own.

And they stared at each other. It was weird to do so but none of them withdrew from the stare-off, and that obviously stirred Chunji insane in the inside.

I can't keep lying to myself. Enough with what I saw today between he and Ricky. But what if he dumps me? Ah screw that. I don't care. Chunji, it's now or never!

 

Their eyes were still linked in an unseen chain when Chunji cleared his throat, causing Ljoe to move his gaze somewhere else. 

"Umm.. Byung, what if I say that it's not a joke?"

"What's not?"

"The thing I said earlier."

"Oh, THAT. Not a joke huh? Well, I say~ I love you too..." 

You do??!!!

but Ljoe added, "... and all the Teentop members, equally."

"Oh. I see. Thank you for that. But Byung, you don't get it do you? I LOVE you. And it's not a brotherly love, or friendly love, it's.. somewhat like... LOVE love.. Know what I mean?"

Ljoe chuckled ,"So you're saying you love me, like you really love me like, Adam and Eve?"

There was silence.

"Hyung, you can't be serious?" he asked, still smiling. 

"It's crazy, I know it, but.."

"Like duh? The craziest thing you'd ever said? We've been ChunJoe for just a day and you're already so used to it. Wow you're a great actor."

"No, it's true! It's seriously true!" feeling very annoyed now with Ljoe's game, Chunji pinned him to the icy ground. He stabbed Ljoe's eyes with his earnest gaze. "Listen carefully. Lee.Byung.Hun, I.LOVE.you."

 

Still another long paused silence.

 

"W'da ?" Ljoe muttered in English and giggled nervously under him. But he knew now it wasn't joke when Chunji pinned him even harder.

"You're serious?" When there was no reply, Ljoe finally got the message. His expression now was nothing like the chic Ljoe, he seemed to be so confused like a little boy lost in market. "But...hyung, I...I don't know what to say.."

"Just say yes or no," Chunji replied edgily.

Ljoe landed his eyes on the man above him while concluding the situation.

 

We are a pair for the public. But Chanhee loves me and he wants to make us pairing a real thing? Is this a dream?

 

"Umm...No." And that simple answer was enough for Chunji to let go of the pink dude from his grip.He nodded a few times to calm himself.

Ljoe fixed himself to a sitting position and looked at Chunji.

"Hyung, sure we are 'Chunji and Ljoe' pair, but it is just a fanservice. To take it with me all the time, I think it's mostly impossible."

Chunji felt a burning sensation in his throat, tears were already welling up his eyes.

"I'm sorry, Chanhee-hyung," Ljoe patted Chunji's back and left.

 

When he heard the slamming of the door behind him, Chunji let his tears streamed free. It was very strange how just a word had crushed his whole world to pieces. He felt foolish for doing the ridiculous thing but he had no regrets. Now at least the huge burden he'd been holding to himself was lifted.

 

Back at the dorm:

 

Ljoe lumped himself on the bed feeling a bit giddy. Strange things kept coming to his life like tornado, he didn't know if he could hold on any longer. He turned to his side to see Chunji's empty bed. 

"Chanhee, I'm truly sorry." He was. He didn't want to hurt Chunji's feelings but he had to do what he thought was right.

From now on, Ljoe promised to himself to always be careful of how he act towards other members so that he wouldn't hurt Chunji anymore. Yup, even he couldn't accept Chunji's forbidden love, he didn't want him to be sad because of him. 

 

That night Ljoe hardly slept as he kept thinking of how to face his hyung tomorrow.

 

..........................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................

 

When he woke up that morning, Chunji wasn't in his bed.

8:00 am. Still quite early to join the outside world.

During breakfast Ljoe learned that some of the members went home including Chunji.

 

Later that evening Chunji was the last one to come back to the dorm.

"I'm back!" Chunji entered the house with high enthusiasm.

"Yo Power Voice is here~"Niel said. "Now Ljoe-hyung can be in one piece again with his dear lover."

Ljoe was boiling in the inside cuz he knew that kind of stuff was offensive to Chunji but to his own suprise Chunji went along with the joke.

"I missed you honey," Chunji walked to Ljoe with arms wide open causing quite a stir to the other members. 

Ljoe really didn't get the situation now. Was last night a dream?

"Yah Byunghun, even you dumped me, we're still 'ChunJoe'. Don't forget that," Chunji whispered and walked to his room.

 


 

Apparently Chunji had burried his hope far away and acted like nothing happened.

So they kept living like that. 'ChunJoe' for public and friends in real life.