The Aftermath

Secret Dance

continued..

 

Not delaying his thought, he pulled away abruptly, still in bewilderment as he did. Just after their lips parted, Chunji's eyelids finally swung open. He tried to look at Ljoe who was still in utter shock. Chunji felt so out of place. Thus he ran out of the room covering his face which was obviously redden like a tomato.

"Um...um... Yo-You sure you wanna that to air?" the director asked, calmer this time. "Cuz your manager is my chingu you know? I don't want him to suffer 'issues' and you two are not even 18 yet." 

Ljoe stared blankly at the floor. He was kinda embarassed that THAT had to happen in front of lots of people. To say that he was shocked, yea, but not to the extended level since he and Chunji were close friends and it was just a simple peck on the lips anyway. He assumed the kiss was unintended. Besides, Chunji didn't look so  good, since last night. Maybe he was just dizzy. 

"Sir, I'm sorry. Chunji's not well today and that kiss just now, it was just an accident. He kinda fell forward. He's a bit dizzy," Ljoe unravelled the situation quick before this news hit no.1 in the entertainment industry. "Can you, cut out the scene?"

Director Na felt the pity in Ljoe's voice. Airing the shocking scene would have been great to the audience but yeah, Teentop was still too young to have that kind of image. The director agreed with Ljoe and allowed a short break while waiting for Chunji to be fine again.

 

Relief cooled Ljoe's body. He strode out of the room to find Chunji. Even there was still a midget bit of agitation pounding in his chest, his mouth kept on muttering, "It was just an accident, it was just an accident."

 

Ljoe's feet stomped aimlessly, bringing him to random rooms while anxiety grew slowly in his heart when he could find Chunji nowhere in the building. "Ricky, did you see Chunji?" 

Ricky carelessly blabbered under his lollipop that he saw Chunji walking out to the rooftop. 

 

At the rooftop :

 

Ljoe pushed the metal door before him to see the figure of Chunji statued on a cement bench. His shoulders were down. A sigh of relief escaped Ljoe's throat.

*coughs* "May I sit here?" 

Chanhee turned his attention from the stretching blue sky to the pink haired dude, his expression was less affable than when he looked at the sky. Ljoe plopped down to the empty space beside him after Chunji switched his attention to somewhere in the towering skyscrappers above them.

They sat there for a moment, letting only the sound of the wind and the hustle of the traffic spoke. 

 

"You're sick, aren't you?"

"Huh?"

"Well, I noticed you spacing out since yesterday." Ljoe scooted closer to him and brought his forehead to touch Chunji's. "You seem fine."

"Y-Yeah, I'm fine. I'm totally fine," he chuckled feeling nervous again. 

"Hyung, is anything bothering you? Cuz if there is, you should tell me. It's no fun that you're being like this." 

When Chunji didn't reply anything, Ljoe opted to just be quiet too.

 

Realising that silence was not gonna make anything any better, Chunji cleared his throat and spoke.

"See, I can't seem to do this, Byung-yaa. It's bothering me so much that I need to," he turned his head to the pink hair,"kiss a guy."

"What?" Ljoe looked back. His eyes bulged, almost popped out. "So, you really intended to kiss me? Whoa~this is...Hyung, do you even read the script?!" he was irritated by the fact that Chunji really meant to kiss him.

"Of course I read it."

"No you didn't. You didn't read all of it."

"Yah, you can't just say that! I read it all!"

"Hmph. I'm sure you didn't," Ljoe was smiling from ear to ear now. He couldn't stop laughing at his friend's silliness for he was sure that they weren't supposed to kiss.

"Hyung, you're so cute," Ljoe blurted out while patting Chunji's head. "Come here, I'll show you," his hand tucked Chunji's arm and before Chunji realised it, they were already walking down the stairs.

 

Back at the set, Ljoe gave Chunji the script,"Here."

Chunji still didn't get it. "I memorised it already.Why should I..?" he stopped as Ljoe flipped the page to the 'Foam Kiss' scene.

"Read it."

 

Chunji leans close to Ljoe and they are in kissing position. 

 

"Yeah, I did exactly as it says."

"Why didn't you read it all?" muttering under his breath, Ljoe shook his head, and laughed before turning the page to the next.

"Now make sure you read each and every sentence in this page."

 

And just when they were almost kissing, Chunji wiped Ljoe's mouth with his red muffler. Ljoe abruptly pushed away.

Ljoe : What's wrong with you? Your lips and my lips were so close we would have kissed! I haven't had my first kiss yet.

Chunji : Che. What the heck. Well well. I wonder how's Ricky doing with his Matrix Dance.

Chunji rolled his eyes and left.

 

"You're done?" Ljoe asked.

"But.."

"Yeah, just like hyung said, there's no kissing involved."

Ljoe studied the suprised blond. A smile drew on his face as his eyes darted to every curve of Chunji's face. Aish, he is just so adorable~

"You mean, I don't need to clean your lips with mine like they did in the real drama?"

Ljoe smiled in satisfaction ,"Yes, Chanhee. Yes, you don't need to kiss me for the public. Happy?"

Chunji turned to his close friend already half grinning. *blink* "PPPftfffftttt!" Both of them broke into laughter.

"Surely you won't have any problem with just being close?"

"No, no prob Byungie."

"Okay, let's go."

 

Back at the cafe :

 

CHUNJI's POV.

 

Oh silly me. How epic, I did kiss Byung in front of this crowd. Thank God that they all love us and promised to keep it a secret.

We had to act out the scene quite a few times and even I knew that we were not gonna kiss, I couldn't stay calm when I saw the pair of lips up-close. The one I had kissed.

When the day had finally ended, we went home on our black van. 

 

"Guess what I saw today~" Niel shouted in the van, full of excitement in his voice.

Everyone was too tired to actually pay him back the joy. But Minsoo-hyung blurted out, "What.." lazily with eyes half closed.

I sensed evil when Niel looked at me, still very excited.

 

"Chunji and Ljoe, sitting in the tree, K-I-S-S-I-N-G!!" there was a silent second.

"Whoa~ For real?!" Changjo suddenly blurted out of nowhere.

"Ahh, they have grew up," Minsoo-hyung turned around and looked at me and Ljoe who were sitting beside each other.

I heard Ricky whispered to Ljoe,"You did?" and Ljoe whispered back, "I didn't. He did."  That made Ricky heaved out a sigh a little uneasy smile on his face before he looked out throught the window.

Niel giggled. "It was so dramatic, seriously. When they kissed, you should have seen the face of Director Na!"

"Was it a french?" entertained by the topic, Changjo kept going.

"You bet!" 

"No it wasn't!" I felt my cheeks heated then.

"Ooooh, the ONE had spoken! So, how was it, huh, Chunji-hyung? Did you experience 'the moment'? The time stops, nothing else than you two existed in this world, your heart almost exp..."

"Shut up!"

Niel hung on his words, even Minsoo-hyung jerked his head around when Ljoe's voice crashed in. "It was just an accident. Chunji's sick, he didn't mean it," he mumbled, more to himself than to the others.

"I get it. I'm sorry hyung."

Now the car was silent again. Everyone seemed to be burried in their own thoughts. From the corner of my eyes I could see the mad Ljoe I had never ever seen in my whole life.

 

I was wrong when I assumed he would be just fine with the kiss accident. This included his pride as a man, and I was the one who brought the pride tumbling down. 

 

When we reached our dorm, no one spoke. Even until I lay on my bed I couldn't hear Ljoe's voice nor could I find his gaze.