Bitter coffee? Nah.

The Beauty & the Cold Fairy

Minjoo loved coffee, bitter coffee. Chaewon loved coffee too, but sweet milky coffee.


Coffee

The girls were preparing to go to SBS building for a live recording for Fiesta. It was still early in the morning, and everyone was barely awake as they were only able to get some sleep for 2 hours after a long day and night practicing for the dance choreography. It's finally their comeback day after all the dramas being caused by Mnet. And since this got them excited to finally meet Wizones again, they thought not to disappoint the fans by giving them the best performance they could have since Wizones deserved it. 

But it's a different case for Minjoo and Chaewon. Minjoo happened to have a nightmare last night and was unable to go back to sleep because of the horror story that Chaewon had told her the other day. 

And Chaewon was just randomly checking Minjoo's & Yujin's room if they're asleep already or not and there she found Minjoo was wide awake and they decided to talk about it. Yes, Chaewon needs to be responsible for that!

Minjoo was upset with Chaewon about the story that caused her to lose her precious sleeping hours, but secretly she enjoyed it too if it would end up having a night talk with the older girl till morning. They both promised to get some sleep on their way to the recording set.

An hour trip wasn't enough. It caused them to have dizziness after waking up.

"Unnie, I need coffee~ can we stop by somewhere to buy it?" Minjoo who woke up earlier asked the oldest sister who was wide awake to stand by looking after all the asleep members.

Eunbi turned to the source of the sound and found Minjoo was already awake with a painful sleepy face "Oh Minjoo-ya, you're awake already?" And the former girl nodded. "Alright let me check with manager oppa first" and after that, the leader notified the manager-nim to stop at a nearby coffee shop.

 

*

 

They still had time around 45 minutes until the recording started and they happened to stop by at a Starbucks franchise-building near the recording building which would only take them 10 minutes to arrive.

Chaewon was already awake too, well everyone did. Some of them were preparing themselves, re-touching their makeup, fixing their hair and clothes. And since Chaewon didn't have many things to do, she joined Eunbi and Minjoo to go buy drinks.

While Eunbi was ordering for the other girls' orders who were in the van, the Kims were busy choosing the menu for themselves. Well, it's more like both of them were helping Chaewon herself to choose since Minjoo had always settled with Iced Americano.

"Min, is the Iced Americano good?" Chaewon was looking at the younger girl's drink which was just finished being made.

"Haha, of course, it's my favorite unnie. Do you want to have some?" And Minjoo pushed the straw closer to Chaewon to take a sip.

After taking a sip from Minjoo's cup, she felt like the coffee might make her stay awake during the recording, but then she couldn't risk herself to drink the WHOLE cup, it tasted so much bitter. She might get dizzy for its bitterness instead. 

Seeing the older girl contemplating, Minjoo reassured, "That's okay unnie, you don't have to force yourself if you don't want to. I think you can just get the usual menu you always order and you can just drink mine if you want some." And Minjoo smiled.

"But this has happened many times Min, that I literally almost drink half from your cup even just by taking sips." Chaewon rolled her eyes thinking about past memories.

This brought Minjoo chuckles seeing the slightly-shorter girl's reaction.

"Well okay, then just order what you usually order unnie.. but if you want to take risks to buy the same one like mine, it's still fine ㅋㅋㅋ" and Minjoo giggled, showing off her cute eye-smile.

Chaewon sighed before ordering her usual drink.

 

*

 

"Okay girls, you guys already get your own drinks right?" Eunbi asked the two Kims while at the same time rechecking their orders before leaving the place.

The Kim girls nodded and helped the oldest to bring their drinks to the van. Not all of them requested a drink though, some requested a baked cookie too, but some of them even requested both the cookie and drink for themselves, like Hyewon for example. But then Eunbi being the kind leader that she is, decided to order some of the baked cookies too to be shared with whoever was hungry.

The Kim girls were sitting side by side as usual. And while the youngest was busy texting, Chaewon eyed the cup that was on Minjoo's other hand.

It was tempting.

She needed something taste stronger than her own Caramel Frappuccino. Call her a loser but she's actually never used to coffee. Unless they're blended with milk. Sometimes seeing the younger girl could drink the whole cup of such bitter taste as Americano amazed her. Like how could she handle the bitterness? Did she get her taste bud numb or something?

Her stare was caught by the owner of the drink. And she just realized it until Minjoo pushed the drink for Chaewon to take a sip.

"Hehe, thanks Min" shyly Chaewon went back to sip her own drink after happily taking another sip from Minjoo’s drink.

But seems like there's no effect from her own drink since she believed she saw the barista added the milk dose more than the coffee.

'Ugh am I that readable that I can't tolerate coffee that much?' The thought annoyed her a little bit.

"Do you want some again unnie?" Minjoo offered her cup again just randomly. It's like a habit for her already to share whatever she was enjoying.

"Just a little bit more please after that you can enjoy the rest of it.." 

Hearing the statement from the older girl who kept on taking sips, brought her smile. She didn't want to say anything to that since those common words were always said by the older girl at moments like this. She might get the latter embarrassed instead if she decided to correct her or say something about this. And in results, Chaewon might get upset, and would probably stop doing this habit. And she didn't want that. Yes, she admitted she loved that habit of Chaewon’s. She loved it when it’s resulting in her getting Chaewon’s attention. It’s not like she minds sharing it with the older girl either. She would share everything she had with the older girl.

"Sure.."

 

*

 

"Min, do you want to drink mine?" Chaewon offered her own drink after knowing Minjoo’s cup was almost empty, like a few sips and it would be thrown to the garbage. She felt bad.

"But isn't it too sweet? I'm on my diet unnie.." comparing her own drink with Chaewon's, sure Chaewon's drink looked more appealing, as it got some caramel syrup and whipped cream. But then the thought of both components triggered her diet program.

"Nah, not too sweet, I've got the sugar lessened. Mm maybe for the caramel it is. And whipped cream. Mm okay, it's indeed still sweet. But I think it's still okay.." Chaewon was rambling trying to convince the younger girl that it was still fine just for one or two sips.

Despite being unsure, Minjoo still went for a sip, "Hahaha okay maybe just for a little.."

 

*

 

"Min.."

"Yes?"

"I'm still wondering.." Chaewon began while drawing a picture of black coffee in her mind, "why you love bitter coffee so much, like Iced Americano for example. Maybe that's the only bitter coffee I know.. oh, Espresso too.. but yeah you always order the Americano one. But still, they're bitter coffees.." and she kept on rambling until she was aware of someone's stare on her, she stopped and turned to look at the person she was talking to.

"Well I just like it.. it keeps me awake.. and maybe, it balanced the sweetness-"

"But you never get something sweet! Okay maybe took some sips from my drink while you're not on diet.. but still!"

"Hahaha, I still consume sweets unnie.. and you're one of the sweetness.."

"Min.." seeing Chaewon raised her small fist to give Minjoo a fake punch, Minjoo laughed.

"Hahaha, I wasn't lying though… but then yeah it keeps me awake during our busy days like this."

"And then?"

Minjoo looked confused. "And then what unnie?"

Chaewon was confused too "well that's it for your reason? So you technically just love it because it makes you stay awake?"

Minjoo nodded. And Chaewon was left amazed.

"Okay, maybe the other reason is that I like it when you take sips from my drink. Well, it’s because I know you need it and you can't just handle the bitterness to drink the whole cup by yourself of course."

"Yaah are you teasing me about not being able to handle such bitterness?!"

“Hahaha, well I’m just being a kind person to help you survive unnie” and they began for small fights which only ended up with laughter.

“But I’m being serious Min, you need to get yourself the sweet ones sometimes.. Drinking the bitter one so often might ruin your heart.”

Minjoo ignored her, instead, she leaned in to whisper something to the older girl, "well, you have become the sweetness to the bitterness of my coffee. So it doesn’t matter" She leaned back before wiggling her eyebrows teasingly.

"Yah! This is what you get from teasing me" and there Minjoo's cheeks were abused by the victim of her own cheesiness who couldn't contain herself from blushing.

 


A/N: Hello guys! I'm back! Did anyone miss me? It's been a year and 6 days since the last time I updated ㅋㅋㅋ well talking about updating this story a one-shot, it was originally planned to be uploaded back on 23rd (as an anniversary date from the last time I updated xD so embarrassing) but then yea just got busier irl too especially because of this covid thingy I hope everyone stays healthy and safe! 

And if you ever read the 2kim mails, when Chaewon mentioned about taking sips from Minjoo's drink, yes this fic was inspired from that :> (they're getting cuter and cuter ㅠㅠ I wonder if they have the maximum level of cuteness)

Enough with the rambling, hope you guys enjoyed reading this! But, mm I've been wanting to write again lately but no inspirations for good plots, maybe if you guys have any ideas for what I should write next, don't hesitate to comment down below or message me is fine! I'll try my best to pour it down into a oneshot or something :D

Well till next time! ♡ 

-jetiunique-