Cold and Raining

The Beauty & the Cold Fairy

Cold and Raining

The highschoolers from Izone Senior High School were just done with their final exams and soon would be welcomed by a long break.

It's Friday night and Minjoo along with her small circle of friends decided to go celebrate it by having fun and hanging out in the nearest shopping mall.

They were planning to watch a movie and eat dinner together while chit-chatting about what plans they would do to spend their long break.

xx


Before she went into the movie theater, Minjoo decided to text Chaewon first letting the older girl know that she would be going home late.

To: Chaewon Unnie🧚‍♀️

Unniee, I'll be going home late tonight. Don't wait for me alright? 😁 ㅋㅋㅋ


In a few minutes, a message popped out on her screen signaling for a new message from Chaewon.


From: Chaewon Unnie🧚‍♀️

What are you planning to do? When exactly is it by saying "late" huh? 🙄 the last time you said that it's like morning already when you decided to sleep over at Yuri's house.


Minjoo was smiling embarrassedly recalling back herself being scolded after arriving home the next morning after promising the older girl that she would be home before midnight. She replied back her unnie's message.


To: Chaewon Unnie🧚‍♀️

Hehe promise, this time I won't sleep over since I'm just going to watch a movie and hang out for a while with my friends


From: Chaewon Unnie🧚‍♀️

You better be 😑


After reading it, Minjoo could only smile at her unnie's cute grumpy text and left it read. She joined the others and enjoyed the night with her friends.

xx


After the girls stepped out of the cinema, they were chit-chatting again talking about some unforgettable scenes from the movie while walking to the food court area to find something to eat for dinner. In the middle, Minjoo just realized that her phone kept buzzing nonstop in her pocket signaling there's an incoming call.

She fished out her phone and checked for the caller ID, "Chaewon Unnie🧚‍♀️"

Being paranoid all of a sudden, Minjoo picked it up immediately, "Hello? Chaewon unnie?"

Chaewon on the other line huffed in annoyance ready to lecture the younger girl for ignoring her.

"Yah! Why you just picked up my call now?! You didn't reply to my messages either! Where are you now?"

"Sorry unnie... I was watching of course that's why I didn't check my phone since it's not even allowed either.." She wanted to roll her eyes for reminding the older girl about the obvious general rules she stated. Like seriously, the older girl must have known it that she couldn't check her phone often during the movie while on the other hand she already told the older girl too that she was going to watch a movie. Not just some advertisements.

"Pfft now are you done? Are you going home? Because it's going to rain so hard soon" by observing her tone, it was a little bit noticeable that she was worried, but since Minjoo was too busy being annoyed, it went unnoticed.

"I haven't eaten dinner yet. I'm on my way to the food court. Hmm alright then after this I'll go home right away."

"Do you even bring an umbrella with you? Why don't you just eat dinner at home? You can save up the money."

At a moment like this, she really hated it when Chaewon was being worrisome and ruining her fun time with her friends by asking her to go home early.

What would her friends say about this? Like she's still an elementary kid or something.

"... no. But it's okay unnie I'll make sure to be home before 11 latest.. and please it's just not often for me to hang out with my friends.. so just let me for tonight"

Chaewon on the other line sighed, "Alright then. You better keep your promise or you choose to sleep outside. I'll leave the door locked to sleep if it's past 11."

Without waiting for Minjoo to answer back, she hung up the call immediately.
   
Minjoo felt a little bit mad about the ultimatum thing but she knew she got her unnie upset again.

Chaewon on the other side, after cutting the call line, once again sighed in disappointment and decided to begin eating her dinner, alone.

xx

 

Hours had passed and it's showing almost 11 PM but there's still no sign of Minjoo. Chaewon was still waiting for her in the living room while watching TV, trying to distract the heavy rain sound and even thunders playing at the back. She hadn't locked the door yet and didn't plan to either afraid she might fall asleep while waiting and causing the younger girl to be locked outside. She was upset, yes. But her worry won her better. She stayed up waiting even it's already showing past 11.

'Ah seriously this brat, where the hell is she?!' She thought angrily as she squeezed the towel in her hands.

Chaewon wanted to do everything that could bring the younger girl home safely as soon as possible but she knew it too that it's impossible at this kind of situation.

when the time had shown almost half past eleven, the door creaked opened signaling someone came in.

Chaewon who heard it snapped her head immediately to the front door, being greeted by a high school girl drenched in her uniform.

Chaewon wanted to scold her so badly, even shout at the younger girl for not listening to her advice, but noticing her stuttering tone while greeting her (she wasn't sure if it's due to the cold she got or she was just too scared to be caught going home so late again) she swallowed back her anger and frustration and decided to approach her.

Minjoo was ready for any lectures from the older girl, that's why she just stood frozen while looking down, waiting for anything Chaewon would do to her.

But realizing Chaewon was actually helping her out with her drenched backpack, tugging out her wet shoes and drying her wet hair. She even pulled the younger girl closer to the bathroom gently. As Chaewon had done finished drying her hair a little, she tugged on Minjoo's school blazer, indirectly asking her to take it off. Minjoo, on the other hand, was getting flustered by the thought that Chaewon really wanted her to undress in front of the older girl.

Without she realized it, a blush crept up on her face. 

Chaewon was waiting for her, but seeing no reaction from the younger girl, Chaewon looked up to see what's holding her back in taking off her blazer.

She mentally facepalmed and sighed. "Don't even try to think for the unnecessary thing. Now give me your blazer, then you can take off the rest of your clothes in the bathroom." She coldly said.

Minjoo, on the other hand, pouted for being treated coldly.

 

After done taking a warm shower and fully dressed, she searched for the older girl's existence. She wanted to apologize (even she knew herself that she would probably make the same trouble again in the future) and thanked her for taking care of her from her mess.

She found the older girl sitting on the couch in the living room, waiting for her to be done. She approached her slowly.

"Chaewon unnie..." but no reply.

She called again while approaching her closer, "Chaewon unnie..?"

Noticing there's no movement from the older girl, she decided to sit beside her and found her sleeping peaceful face even with her neck uncomfortably supporting her head from dropping. She put the latter's head and laid it gently on her shoulder. This action woke Chaewon up from her slumber. Adjusting her blurred view, she noticed Minjoo had fully dressed already.

"You done?" Chaewon asked while rubbing her eyes. She took a glance to the wall clock and realizing it's already past one.

'Cute..'

"Yeah unnie.." Minjoo answered while fidgeting in her seat.

"Just go to sleep now, it's late already" then Chaewon stood up and walked away to her bedroom door without saying good night.

'hmmm.. she's still mad.' Minjoo pouted sadly.

xx

 

While sleeping, her stomach couldn't stop grumbling for being empty. Yes, she did eat dinner with her friends, but since it's more about hanging out, she didn't get a chance to eat a proper meal, just some snacks from the food stans in the shopping mall while busy chit-chatting, laughing here and there. She got up from her sleeping position with her eyes were still closed.

'So hungry... and cold..' she peeked to the alarm clock on the night lampstand and it's showing 02.59 AM. She checked the temperature on the AC remote as well and it's showing 22°C 'ah probably because it's still raining outside I guess' she decided to make herself a cup of hot chocolate milk.

She got up and went out silently, not forgetting to bring her blanket too. But before that, she needed to make sure first that Chaewon already dead asleep in her room or else she would get scolded for still being up at this late hours.

 

After sometimes drinking the hot chocolate milk with her blanket wrapped around her body, she adjusted herself comfortably on the couch, still too lazy to go back to her room. 'Just for 10 minutes and I will go back to my room.'

Without she realized it, her supposed to be 10 minutes dozing off turned into an hour that she's stuck in her dreamland already. She just didn't realize it either that the kitchen lamp which she left it on, had got the light radiating, reaching the underneath of Chaewon's bedroom door.

Chaewon on the other side was woken up from her sleep due to the needs to go to the toilet. There was only one bathroom which was outside of her room. And while walking out, she saw the lamp in the kitchen area was still on. 'I didn't leave it on right? Ah.. must be Minjoo forgetting to turn it off.' Just by the name passing in her mind, already made her sighed again for the nth times that night for her clumsiness.

She decided to do her own business first then turned the lamp off afterward.

As she was about to reach the kitchen area, she heard some soft whimpers coming from the living room. Immediately an image of Minjoo flashed in her mind. She approached the couch and found her sleeping figure under the blanket she was wearing, shaking with a scrunched face, fighting the cold temperature.

She by reflex let her back of her palm touching the younger girl's revealing neck.

'it's burning..' 

Chaewon's worries and anger rose up again slowly just by thinking the younger girl being so careless about her health. Like she prioritized her friends more than her own self. She really hated Minjoo for being so kind and friendly towards her friends. Even herself sure that her friends didn't even care or worry if she would be going home late and got caught under the rain if hanging out with them when knowing there's always a heavy rain pouring for the past few days.

 

She gently woke her up from her sleep.

"Hmm.. C-chaewon unnie?" Minjoo was surprised to find Chaewon here awake. 'I thought I have..- oh no, I fell asleep..'

"Why are you sleeping here? Come on get up.. it's cold here.." Before Minjoo reached the offered hand from the older girl, her stomach grumbled again.

Both of them froze especially Minjoo dying from embarrassment.

Without waiting for the younger girl to speak up, Chaewon rose up from her seat and walked to the kitchen area to make something warm to eat for the poor young girl.

Minjoo sighed and blamed her stomach for being too loud.

xx

 

Not doing anything, she decided to approach the older girl in the kitchen.

"I'm sorry unnie.."

Chaewon didn't reply back instead just stayed focus on her task making an instant chicken cream soup.

"I'm sorry for troubling you again this time. Seriously It's just because of one of my friends taking so long to finish her food, that's why all of us were held back to wait for her. I promise if-"

Before Minjoo could talk any further, Chaewon cut her, "Stop with your empty promises and here just eat this while it's still warm." She brought the bowl to the dining area, leaving Minjoo alone.

She kinda agreed when Chaewon decided to state the fact that her promises all this time went broken. She felt sorry for the older girl.

 

While Minjoo began eating silently, Chaewon decided to leave washing the left used utensils in the kitchen, avoiding the awkward atmosphere.

After the younger girl done eating and was about to wash the utensils she used, Chaewon took it and washed it for her. "Just go to sleep and rest in your bedroom.. I'll make hot tea for you after this." She said without looking at the younger girl.

 

Minjoo was being rebellious, she didn't do as what Chaewon had told her to, instead she sat on the couch she was sleeping on before and waited for Chaewon to finish with her tasks. She needed to make Chaewon forgive her (even she's sure that she already forgave her) and stop with the cold treatment.

She missed the warm Chaewon.

 

After a while, Chaewon was done with her tasks and was about to turn off the lamp, with a glass of hot tea in the other hand, when she noticed Minjoo was still sitting in the living room. "I told you to rest. Why are you still here?" She sighed when she was met with a guilty Minjoo. She knew the latter was persistent to get herself saying you're forgiven when she didn't even care anymore about this apologizing thing. Because in the end, Minjoo would always make the same trouble and ask for her forgiveness. (And she would find herself forgiving her again no matter how bad it was).

"Can you please listen to me just for once.. aigoo"

"I'm sorry unnie.."

"You're forgiven already. So now, go to sleep. It's late alr-"

"Can I sleep with you? I'm cold.."

"You can just turn off the AC if you're still feeling cold.. it will be better" she silently handing the glass for her to drink.

After taking a few sips from the hot tea, Minjoo spoke up again, "No, I want to sleep with you Chaewon unnie.."

Chaewon sighed.. again. (lol seems like she's getting attached to this sighing habit 😆) "Alright then." she gave up.

Then Chaewon left her first to turn off the rest of the lamps, leaving Minjoo all excited and chased after the older girl when the lamps were all turned off.

And Minjoo's blanket was left forgotten.

xx

 

"You're still having a fever.." Chaewon spoke with a hint of worry even her poker face told otherwise.

"Hehe no worries as long as you're here with me unnie" Minjoo chuckled as she shifted closer to the older girl, burying her face in the crook of her neck.

Seeing this, Chaewon decided to let her cold wall melted and she lightly let her hand rested on the younger girl's thin waist and pulled her closer under the blanket they were sharing, "You're so stupid and careless you know that.."

"I know, it has become my middle name.." Minjoo stated.

Knowing the latter didn't even fight back for her harsh words instead agreeing, she flicked her forehead lightly while muttering "Pabo".

"Now go to sleep, you've stolen many of my precious sleeping hours already."

"Hehe sorry.. good night unnie and thank you for taking care of me"

"Yeah, good night too brat."

After making sure the younger girl had fallen asleep, she placed a peck on the crown of the younger girl's head.

"Sleep tight."

 


This was inspired when yesterday morning was raining so hard and the weather was so damn cold, like it had been raining since dawn.