Eyes, Ink and The Moon pt.2

Chaennie one-shots

"I can't believe we managed to spend a whole three months knowing we were each other's soulmates and not even acknowledging it. How did we survive?" Rosé said.

"Well, in my defense, I was absolutely convinced that due to a sick twist of fate, I wasn't your soulmate. I mean, my first words to you were not exactly.......soulmate-y." Jennie answered while walking alongside Rosé through the campus grounds. They were venturing towards the bench they always sat at.

"I'd never been more elated to learn that there was ink on my face until that moment." Rosé chuckled while remembering the memory.

"Hey losers. What are you laughing about?" Lisa said, catching up and joining them when they reached the bench.

"You guys are late." Jisoo, who was already at the bench, informed them, not taking her eyes off the book she was reading.

Jisoo was a senior student whom the trio had befriended during a school trip. She was supposed to take care of them but they somehow convinced her that sneaking out for a midnight snack while everyone else was asleep was an amazing idea. Jisoo could not say no to the attack of three simultaneous puppy dog eyes. That, and also food. After that, Jisoo became one of their closest friends. She'd act like a total mom at times but then did a complete 180 and acted like a whole entire baby. The trio loved her immensely and she loved them.

"A queen is nev--"

"I swear to god Lisa, if you're about to drop that princess diaries line again I will actually kick you." Jennie said while rolling her eyes and dragging Rosé to sit down next to her.

"What's wrong with princess diaries?" Lisa pouted.

"Nothings wrong with it. We're afraid you might curse the entire movie and everyone who starred in it if you mention it too many times." Jisoo replied coolly.

"Hey! Why are you guys so mean?" Lisa whined like a child and the rest laughed at her expense.

"I'm not mean to you, Lisa." Rosé said while patting Lisa's head.

"Please. You're the meanest amongst them all!" Lisa said while mock-glaring at Rosé.

"Nobody will believe you." Rosé stage whispered while leaning in close to Lisa.

"Ugh get away from her, you might get cooties." Jennie said to Rosé and practically sat her on Jennie's lap.

"Anyway, we were just talking about how long we waited until we had the whole soulmate talk." Rosé said, putting her head on Jennie's shoulder. Jennie began lightly Rosé's hair which caused her to involuntarily close her eyes.

She thought about the day they finally talked about it. And she smiled. Because it might as well have been the best day of her life.

***

 

Rosé was laying on Jennie's bed, scrolling through her phone and waiting for Jennie to come back with Lisa. Since it was the mid term holidays, the trio decided to have a sleepover at Jennie's house. Rosé was especially excited since she had never been to a sleepover before.

 

She heard Lisa's loud voice even while the door was closed and Jennie's exasperated sigh following not long after Lisa obnoxiously laughed at something. A horrible joke she made, Rosé was sure.

 

"Hey Chaeyoung! You're already here!"

 

"Yeah, because she's not a lazy bum like you. Seriously, couldn't you have opened the door by yourself?" Jennie groaned while flopping down next to Rosé on the bed.

 

"Well, was I supposed to carry my own bag up your huge flight of stairs? What kind of friend are you?" Lisa said, dragging the bag Jennie had discarded near the door.

 

"Whatever. What should we do?" Jennie said and sat up.

 

Rosé waited for Lisa to say something but then realized that they were both looking at her.

 

"What? I don't know. What do you guys usually do?"

 

"Watch scary movies, order pizza and stay up talking until we physically cannot keep our eyes open." Lisa listed off.

 

"Oh. Sounds fun, let's do that!" Rosé said excitedly.

 

Jennie chuckled and ruffled Rosé's hair while muttering about what a cutie she was.

 

"Hey, how come you've never ruffled MY hair or called ME cute?" Lisa said, crossing her arms in a show of anger. Rosé giggled a bit since she knew Lisa was just messing around.

 

"Because I hate you." Jennie said monotonously, looking through the stack of movies she had.

 

Lisa did an overdramatic gasp and latched onto Rosé and started fake sobbing. All Jennie did in response was roll her eyes and show the cover of Tangled to Rosé, who nodded vigorously in approval.

 

They piled onto the bed and Rosé found herself in between Jennie and Lisa.

 

Halfway through the movie, Rosé heard light snoring and looked over to see that Lisa had fallen asleep on her shoulder. She smiled at the sight because Lisa is adorable when she isn't annoying the heck out of everyone in a ten foot radius.

 

Rosé took her phone and clicked a picture of Lisa and showed it to Jennie.

 

"She's so cute when she's practically unconscious ." Jennie whispered and then proceeded to take Rosé's phone and snap a picture of them together. They both automatically did a V sign and struggled to hold in their laughter.

 

Jennie also put her head on Rosé's shoulder eventually and they both watched the rest of the movie. Rosé started quietly singing along to 'I see the light' and Jennie joined in shortly. In that moment, Rosé's heart was full of happiness and affection for both of her friends.

 

----------------

 

Lisa woke up after a bit while Jennie and Rosé were having a whispered conversation about nothing in particular.

 

"Sorry for sleeping on you Chaeng. But in my defence, you have a really comfy shoulder." Lisa said while rubbing the sleep out of her eyes.

 

"I'm glad you think so. Did you have a good sleep?" Rosé said while fixing Lisa's bangs for her.

 

"Yeah! I think I had a dream about.....tacos? I don't know. I'm really hungry though. Lets go eat!"

 

"Calm down sleepyhead. I brought food for us while you were sleeping. Its not tacos but burgers are close enough, yeah?" Jennie said while holding up three paper bags with burgers and fries.

 

After eating their food, they worked on making a fort using almost all the couch cushions and blankets in the house. Rosé had tears in her eyes laughing because Jennie and Lisa were having a competition about who could cosplay Harry Potter characters the best. After a bunch of horrible impressions, Lisa drew a fake scar on her head and wore Jennie's round spectacles amd shouted 'Shut up Malfoy!' and that did it for Rosé and she almost got a stomach cramp from laughing so hard.

 

They all piled up comfortably into the fort and lay down. As with almost all sleepovers, they finally decided to play truth or dare before calling it a night.

 

The usual questions were asked about celebrity crushes and first kisses and the sort. After that, Lisa suddenly piped up.

 

"Hey guys, you don't have to answer this one if you don't wanna but I've always been curious. What does your tattoo say?"

 

Rosé's ears turned a bit red at that since the words of the tattoo in question was said by someone inside that room. And she wasn't sure she was ready to reveal it just yet. Before either of them could say anything, Lisa continued.

 

"I mean, mine is pretty weird. It says 'Why are you talking to me?', which is kinda offensive since anyone would feel nothing but honoured if I ever talked to them."

 

"Lisa, you talk to literally everyone." Jennie said.

 

"Yes. And I'm sure they all feel extremely honoured. Wouldn't you say, Chaeng? Didn't you feel on top of this world when I graced your lonely life with my lovely personality." Lisa said, with what Rosé was sure was a eating grin on her face even though it was too dark to see her.

 

"No matter how much I'd like to say no, I actually did feel quite honoured when you talked to me. I mean, you have that sorta charm about you I guess." Rosé said thoughtfully.

 

"Stop encouraging her. Her head is big enough as it is, no need to bloat it up even more." Jennie said.

 

"Oh. Thanks, Chaeng. That means a lot to me." Lisa said, her voice uncharacteristically soft, but it went as soon as it came.

 

"And excuse you? I do NOT have a big head! My head is just the perfect amount!" Lisa argued.

 

"Sure." Jennie retaliated with a smile in her voice.

 

"We should probably sleep. I want to wake up to watch the sunrise tomorrow." Rosé said while yawning.

 

A chorus of goodnights were heard and they all eventually drifted off to sleep.

 

----------

 

Rosé woke up at about 15 minutes to 4am because was super dry. She tiptoed her way to Jennie's kitchen and poured herself a cup of water. She was drinking it when she heard a quiet 'hey' from directly behind her and almost chocked on her water. She quickly turned around to see Jennie standing there, still a bit sleepy but mostly awake. She swallowed and said.

 

"Gosh, you gave me a fright, Jennie. What are you doing up? Did I wake you?"

 

"Huh? Oh no no. I woke up on my own and didn't see you so I came to find you."

 

"Oh alright. Shall we go back then?" Rosé said while walking past Jennie.

 

Before she could move much further, Jennie caught her by the wrist and turned her around. Rosé caught her staring at her wrist very intently, at the place where the soulmate tattoo usually was, as if what was written would reveal itself to her, even though she knew only the person whom it belonged to could see it.

 

Jennie looked up to see Rosé raising an eyebrow at her and quickly let go of her.

 

"I-I was actually...wondering about....your t-tattoo..." Jennie stuttered quietly and looked down at the floor, a bit flustered if the blush on her cheeks was any indication.

 

Rosé chuckled at the sight and gently took Jennie's hand in hers and took her to the couch in the living room, deeming it best if they were talking while sitting.

 

"You wanna know what mine says? Can you take a guess?" Rosé said when they were comfortably sat on the couch, legs crossed and facing each other, knees almost touching but not quite.

 

She had a mischievous look on her face seeing Jennie so flustered.

 

"I d-don't know." Jennie said quietly, still not looking at Rosé while nervously playing with her fingers.

 

Rosé smiled softly at how adorable Jennie was being and bit her lip to avoid letting a full blown grin from gracing her face. Usually it was Rosé who'd get all shy but now that the tables have turned, Rosé was gonna savour every moment of it. She slowly put a hand on Jennie's knee and said.

 

"Want me to guess what yours is?"

 

Jennie nodded a bit.

 

"Look at me." Rosé said, trying to get in Jennie's line of vision, which proved to be difficult since her head was faced straight down.

 

Rosé placed the hand that wasn't on Jennie's knee on Jennie's chin and gently tugged it upwards so that they were eye to eye. Jennie still looked a bit uncertain about the whole thing but Rosé shifted a bit closer to her and just kept staring at her.

 

"Your eyes are stunning." She said, revealing a soft smile to which Jennie smiled a shy, but equally soft one at her.

 

"You have ink on your face." Jennie whispered, staring at Rosé in wonder as her face broke into an almost blindingly dazzling smile that left Jennie breathless.

 

Rosé let go of Jennie's chin and opted to putting both her hands on Jennie's knees, which was driving Jennie crazy.

 

"Well then. Hello there soulmate." Rosé said easily. Her heart feeling as light as a feather.

 

"Hi." Jennie replied while putting on a smile of her own.

 

Just then, the first shades of dark blue started appearing in the sky as the stars disappeared and the sun started to rise. They decided to go and wake Lisa up so they could watch the sunrise together, as planned.

 

Lisa woke up groggily and joined them as they sat on the window sill in Jennie's room, which had a huge window that overlooked the ocean and just so happened to be the perfect spot for sunrise gazing.

 

Lisa laid her head on Jennie's shoulder this time and they all held hands as they watched the sunrise, content just revelling in each other's company while they enjoyed one of mother nature's most valued gifts.