Eyes, Ink and The Moon pt.3

Chaennie one-shots

'She is so gonna fall in love with me by the end of this night.' was the thought running around Jennie's head as she thought about all the things she had planned for the night.

Although Rosé and Jennie were soulmates, they have never explicitly told each other that they loved the other. There had previously been tiny, spur of the moment declarations of love when Jennie bought Rosé food or when Rosé let Jennie copy her homework but that didn't count since those were more platonic than anything else. Which was why Jennie was hell bent on making this the perfect date, leaving Chaeyoung no other choice but to say the three magic words and mean them fully this time.

Jennie was standing outside Chaeyoung's house, leaning against the mailbox as she sent a text to Chaeyoung asking her to come out. An almost immediate reply came, the inevitable "already have" response made Jennie roll her eyes with a fond smile on her face.

The special thing about this date was that Jennie was the one leading it, unlike the other times when Chaeyoung usually took the lead. This was one of the reason why Jennie called Chaeyoung her 'hubby' affectionately. And so naturally, Chaeyoung called her 'wifey'.

Jennie heard a door open and out came Chaeyoung in all her glory, adorning a navy blue sundress with tiny white spots and black jeans. She looked as ethereal as the night sky on a cloudless day. Jennie's breath hitched just a bit at the sight because Chaeyoung rarely ever wore dresses. She beamed at her and received an equally bright grin back.

"Hey there, hot stuff." Jennie winked and made a show of looking her up and down. This made Chaeyoung chuckle and a pink tint appear on her cheeks.

"Hello to you too, . Stop staring at me like that." Chaeyoung said, putting her hands on her hips.

"?! How dare you! Can't I appreciate the beauty that is my own girlfriend?" Jennie said, dramatically placing a hand on her heart.

"Whatever, dork." Chaeyoung said, finally closing the distance between them.

The thing about Rosé and Jennie was that neither was overly fond of physical contact. The most PDA they ever did was hand-holding and the occasional hug.

Which was why Chaeyoung was a bit taken aback when Jennie linked one of her hands with Chaeyoung's and proceeded to give her a one-armed hug. It took a couple of moments but Chaeyoung's free arm eventually wrapped around Jennie's waist.

Jennie smiled into the hug because Rosé's hair smelled like some kinda fruit she didnt know the name of and she held on a bit longer than normal just because she could. When they finally parted, Rosé looked at Jennie with an eyebrow raised and Jennie just kissed her cheek and lead her towards the car waiting for them.

Since neither of them were old enough to drive, Jennie hired a taxi for the night. She had already instructed the driver about the places she needed to go to and so they went. Hands still linked, Chaeyoung sent Jennie an anticipatory smile and Jennie gave her hand a little squeeze.

****

The first stop was the most famous restaurant in town. They didn't often frequent there but when they did, they've left utterly full and satisfied. However, Chaeyoung was surprised when Jennie only asked for the take out food ordered under her name and then proceeded to drag Chaeyoung out again, managing to hold her hand and the bag with food in it at the same time.

Rosé tried to ask her multiple times where they were going but Jennie was intent on surprising her. Jennie eventually managed to distract Rosé's attention on their date destination by talking about how cute Lisa and Jisoo would look together. Jisoo knows Lisa is her soulmate but Lisa doesn't. The reason being that the first time they met, Lisa was drunk out of her mind and did not remember even talking to Jisoo. Only the fact that Jisoo helped her out while she was barfing her intestines out and then drove her home afterwards.

When they finally arrived at where the date will take place, Rosé let out a slight gasp as she recognized the place.

"You remember?" Jennie asked, leading them to the huge tree on the hilltop where they shared their first kiss.

"How could I forget? It was one of the happiest days of my life!" Rosé squealed and helped Jennie spread out the food she brought on a blanket. She had no idea how it even got there but she didn't question it.

Jennie's heart expanded just that bit more when she heard that the place meant as much to Rosé as it did to her.

They finally sat down and dug into the fancy spaghetti Jennie brought. A wine bottle was opened and they talked about anything their minds could come up with. There were moments where neither of them said anything and just appreciated the other. It was moments like these that made Jennie sure of her love for Rosé and she hoped and prayed that the feeling was reciprocated.

When they finished eating, they leant against the tree and stared out into the vast night sky. Jennie kept her head on Rosé's shoulder and quietly whispered to her stories about the constellations as Rosé pointed out the clusters of stars to her.

All of a sudden, Rosé gasped and furiously pointed at something in the sky. Turns out, the clouds had cleared and the full moon was finally visible. Jennie laughed at how cute Rosé was being and snuggled closer into her shoulder and wrapped her hand around Rosé's waist.

"Have I ever told you about how much I love the moon?" Rosé said, leaning her own head against Jennie's and playing with Jennie's hand which was on her lap.

"You might've mentioned it once or twice." Jennie said amusedly as Chaeyoung never wasted a chance to tell everyone she meets about her unconditional love for the moon.

"Would you mind hearing about it again?" Chaeyoung said quietly, almost like Jennie would say no.

"Please." Jennie whispered back, just as quietly.

"It all started when I was very little." Chaeyoung started out dramatically as if she was narrating her tragic life story and Jennie giggled.

"One day, we were going on a trip and I was in the back seat of the car right. And I was being very emo and listening to music and staring up at the sky, acting like I was in a movie, as people do, and then I suddenly saw the moon. It was just....there. And I couldn't stop staring at it and I spent the entire ride doing just that. Staring at the moon. I never even got bored. After that, whenever I saw the moon, my heart would beat a bit faster and I'm sure if you looked closely, my pupils would be dilated as hell." Rosé took a deep breath. As if steadying herself.

"What I'm trying to say is, that feeling you know? I love that feeling. The feeling I get when I just sit there looking at the moon because wow it's just so perfect and beautiful and nothing would ever change my mind about that. That feeling of pure unadulterated love I feel for the moon, I....I love feeling like that." Rosé finished. Or so Jennie thought. Jennie was busy thinking about what a beautiful mind Chaeyoung had and was just about to tell her that when Chaeyoung spoke up again.

"You are my moon, Jennie. You make me feel all that. You make me feel like I could fly away into the night with you by my side. Like I'm living my best life just by having the priviledge of being in your presence. And you don't even DO anything. You're just there, being your own adorable self and I'm so in love with that. I'm so in love with you."

Halfway through that confession, Jennie had sat up and was now staring at Chaeyoung with teary eyes and a barely-there smile on her face.

Chaeyoung was staring into her own lap, still holding Jennie's hand and Jennie moved a bit closer to her and tilted Chaeyoung's head up.

Then she kissed her. It was slow and gentle and Jennie held Chaeyoung's face with her free hand. She Chaeyoung's cheek and the touch was so soft, so wonderfully careful, as if Jennie was afraid to break her that Chaeyoung almost burst out crying.

They slowly broke apart and Jennie kept her forehead on Chaeyoung's and looked into her eyes, which were also filled with tears.

"Took you long enough, you nerd." Jennie whispered.

Chaeyoung gave a slight, husky chuckle and it took all of Jennie's willpower not to kiss her senseless right then and there.

"In case it wasn't clear enough," Jennie continued, still Chaeyoung's cheek "I'm madly in love with you too."

"Glad to know."

And the rest was history. They spent a few hours just laying there with each other. Occasionally sharing a stray thought and giving random kisses.

It was truly the best night of both of their lives and they went to bed with the giddiness of love filled hearts and with the thoughts of the other in their minds.