That's A Fine Looking High Horse

Take Me To Church ( Chaelisa )
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter


CHAPTER 8

 

The next morning Lisa was surprised when  Rosé was already sitting on their usual table with Jennie, she even had her food. The Thai shrugged thinking that maybe  Rosé forgot to wait for her. It was the pair's habit to get their food together, while Jennie and Jisoo get theirs. It wasn't a big deal, she convinces herself.

 

The Thai approached the table together with Jisoo and started eating. She swore that that was the quietest meal they ever had in all those months, aside from Jisoo and Jennie's casual banters every once in a while. 

 

Their break was about to end when Lisa remembers the chocolate she bought that morning for  Rosé. Hence, she reached inside her bag and handed it to  Rosé.

 

"I brought your favorite!" Lisa exclaimed, still looking at Chaeyoung. That was when she notice that the redhead's eyes were a bit puffy. 

 

"I'm not in the mood for chocolates."  Rosé replied in a perpetually tired voice.

 

Rosé  would never turn down food. What is wrong with her today? Lisa thought.

 

"But it's your favorite." Lisa insisted.

 

"Jennie unnie you heard me the first time I said I'm not in the mood for chocolates, right?"  Rosé said in a dry tone. Lisa, Jisoo and even Jennie was taken aback by the redhead's remark.

 

Lisa thinks to herself that if  Rosé said that months before they were chummy with each other, she'd definitely reply with something like "You ungrateful " or something snarky.  If Rosé said that months before, Lisa wouldn't have to reply because she won't ever give Rosé chocolates for no reason.

 

Instead, Lisa just looked into the redhead's eyes, trying to cipher what's going on inside her head, causing the latter to look away. Lisa chose not to talk the entire lunch break.

 

After finishing up, Jisoo and  Rosé went to their classes ahead of the other two.

 

"Lisa-yah, why would you text me to stay behind when I'm just a table across from you? You could've just  told me, you know." Jennie simply stated.

 

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter