Truth

Ignore [Songkim]

"Please, Jinwoo," Minho calls one hand on the doorframe the other on Jinwoo's hand gripping him shakily, "please, just five minutes," Minho's voice shakes slightly and Jinwoo can't bring himself to push him away this time and lets Minho inside his apartment.

"Sit down," Jinwoo mutters a stoic expression covering his usually kind and softer features, it's something that Minho isn't used to and thought that he'd never fear, "I'll ask what I want to know, don't lie," Jinwoo says sharply a glare shoots an arrow through Minho's chest and all he can do is nod silently at the older's demand, "how long had you been cheating on me for?" Jinwoo asks sitting across from him, crossing one of his legs over the other waiting for the younger to respond.

"A year," Minho admits softly unable to meet Jinwoo's eyes, Jinwoo takes in a sharp breath the hurt hitting him like a ton of bricks crashing into his chest, "I'm sorry," Minho says breathily shaking his head, disappointed in himself, "it's just you were so busy-"

"-So it's my fault you cheated on me?" Jinwoo chokes out his voice raising in pitch close to the end a scoff falling from his lips before he drops his gaze away from Minho.

"That's not what I meant," Minho trails off resting his head in his hands unsure of what to say or how to word anything, "you were busy and Jinhwi, she was always there," Minho mumbles finally liting his head towards Jinwoo only to see the older with his head hung down, "I thought I didn't love you anymore," Minho's words come out choked and stuttered like he regrets even thinking them Jinwoo shuts his eyes tightly pulling his bottom lip between his teeth before releasing it in a heavy sigh.

"That's what Jinhwi meant," Jinwoo mutters, "I was shameless," he says softly Minho scoots forward in his seat having to force himself to not stand and move towards the older that's clearly struggling to hold back tears, "I didn't have your heart anymore, but I told her you loved me?" Jinwoo says with a heavy sigh leaning back.

"I said I thought I didn't love you," Minho says sharply his own voice rising in pitch, "Kim Jinwoo, I love you," Minho says his shoulders dropping slightly, "I miss you," Minho says softly, barely above a whisper Jinwoo hates the way the words make his heart rate pick up and he has to fight a smile that begs to pull at the corners of his lips because it still feels bitter, "did your heart never waver at all?" Minho asks which makes Jinwoo's head snaps up in his direction his cold expression returning.

"No, I didn't because I never stopped loving you," Jinwoo near hisses at the younger, Minho lets out a scoff resting one of his hands on his knees turning towards the window.

"What's with you and Jinhwan than, I hardly knew he existed and now the two of you seem to be very close," Minho's words are laced with jealousy that mixes with hurt that makes Jinwoo laugh.

"We're not a couple so what does it matter?" Jinwoo asks mirroring Minho's posture almost challenging the younger, "at least I didn't cheat on you with Jinhwan," Jinwoo says with a nod in Minho's direction, Minho sinks his teeth into his bottom lip, "at least Jinhwan is still a man," Jinwoo mutters turning away once more.

"Jinhwi was the one that started it," Minho mutters, "she told me that my girlfriend didn't have to know," the word girlfriend rang bitterly in Jinwoo's ears.

"She really must have been shocked to have met me," Jinwoo says sharply, "your distant girlfriend you mentioned turned out to be a man, she must have been so disappointed," Jinwoo says with a laugh finding the situation almost comical, "you ed Jinhee for a year, you thought I was distant, you were the one that was never around," Jinwoo says sharply, "I knew something was wrong, but I didn't want to accuse you of anything," Jinwoo's voice raises but he does his best to keep from screaming so that his neighbors don't hear him, "you didn't even show up on our anniversary then you came trying to act like a good boyfriend on our one-thousandth day," Jinwoo mutters, "I thought you were finally coming back to me," Jinwoo chokes out pointing towards himself.

"I was," Minho stands from his spot Jinwoo following his action, "I was coming back to you, but you ended things before I could fix them," Jinwoo scoffs.

"You decided to come back to me after I had enough," Jinwoo says sharply, "so you're going to keep blaming me for you cheating?" Jinwoo presses his tongue into his cheek holding back on some of the insults he wants to yell at the younger man, "I'm so pathetic that even now after hearing all of this I still want to take you back," Jinwoo says with a dry laugh, "but, unlike before when I wasn't going to end things with you, I have my pride," Jinwoo says sharply, "and it won't let me," Jinwoo shakes his head in the direction of the younger before dropping his head.

Minho takes wide steps towards Jinwoo gripping the older's cheek with one of his hands tilting his head up before crushing his lips against Jinwoo's. Jinwoo wants to resist and pull away, but his body melts into the kiss on instinct his arms feel like they have bricks tied to the ends of them making it hard to lift them to attempt to push the younger man away from him. Jinwoo's lips don't move against Minho's but his eyes flutter closed and his heart points in his chest.

"Please," Minho mutters keeping a soft grip on Jinwoo's cheek while his forehead rests against the older's own, "let's start over please, I'll prove to you, I can be a good boyfriend," Minho says softly, "stop pushing me away please," Minho pleads.

"If I tell Seunghoon I'm dating you again, he'll never talk to me again," Jinwoo chokes out the tears that had threatened him early finally making their way down his cheeks, Jinwoo wraps his arms around Minho's middle pressing himself against the younger's chest his strong resolve finally breaking away completely, "why do I want to forgive you when you've hurt me so much?" Jinwoo says against Minho's chest, Minho wraps his arms around Jinwoo holding him tightly against his chest his heart sinking into the floor from Jinwoo's sudden breakdown, the older has always been one to hide his feelings and calculate everything that he says and does, so seeing him in such a weak state was breaking Minho as well.

"Don't tell him," Minho says softly resting his head on top of Jinwoo's, "we don't have to start dating again yet," Minho near whispers, "I want you to trust me first," Minho tightens his hold on Jinwoo almost like he's afraid the older will vanish out of his hold any second, Jinwoo nods against Minho's chest.

"That means we're going back to step one, four-five years ago?" Jinwoo says with a small laugh sniffling slightly before pulling himself away from Minho's chest, the youngers grip loosening when he notices the older moving, a hum slipping from the younger's lips.

"Me chasing after you while you're trying to figure out whether I'm genuine or not," Minho says softly, "it's exactly the same," Minho confirms, Jinwoo takes in a deep breath nodding.

"Let's do that," Jinwoo says with a small nod, "I wouldn't have let you in my apartment five years ago," Jinwoo teases pointing accusingly towards the younger who returns Jinwoo's laugh rolling his head to the side a soft smile covering his features.

"I'll leave then," Minho says, "thank you, Jinwoo," Minho pauses, "for giving me another chance," Minho near whispers before stepping away from the older and towards the door while the older man's eyes remain on him as he exits.