Grasp

Ignore [Songkim]

"Were you with Jinwoo last night?" Jinhwi asks cocking her head to the side and Minho's heart pounds in his chest his head snapping around to meet hers, "the other person you're seeing is a man?" Jinhwi asks a scowl covering her features, "he came to me yesterday telling me that the two of you love each other," Jinhwi brushes her hair away from her face, "you don't right?" Jinhwi wraps her arms around Minho's neck but he pushes them away.

"What did you say to him?" Minho says breathily his teeth sinking into his bottom lip, Jinhwi  her head to the side before looking at the floor beneath her.

"Nothing that isn't true," Jinhwi says sharply her tone changing drastically, "you don't love him," Jinhwi says flatly. 


Minho hesitates outside of Jinwoo's apartment dropping his head forward and taking in a deep breath before typing in the passcode and going inside of Jinwoo's apartment. Minho glances around the entranceway to see if he's in the living room or kitchen before heading towards the hallway that leads to Jinwoo's bedroom and his home office. Still no signs of Jinwoo in the apartment. Minho lets out a heavy sigh taking his phone from his pocket to send a text to Jinwoo, but his thumb hovers over the send button an intense anxiety washing over him. Before Minho musters up the courage to send the message the electronic lock sounds signally Jinwoo is back.

"Minho, you're here," Jinwoo says brightly hanging his coat up and taking his shoes off by the door, "why do you look so worried?" Jinwoo inquires smiling brightly towards Minho while he steps further into his apartment.

"Where were you?" Minho relaxes sending a smile in Jinwoo's direction, Jinwoo wraps his arms around Minho's middle letting out a soft sigh Minho lets out a small laugh wrapping his arms around Jinwoo as well.

"I went out to dinner with Seunghoon and Yoon," Jinwoo says softly, "we went out to celebrate Seungyoon getting a permanent spot in the company," Jinwoo mutters pressing his cheek against Minho's chest, "I wasn't expecting you to come by, why didn't you text me?" Jinwoo asks tightening his grip around Minho, "do you have something to say?" Jinwoo asks cautiously, "did something happen?" Minho shakes his head tightening his own grip around Jinwoo.

"I wanted to see you," Minho says with a sigh letting out a small laugh resting his cheek on the top of Jinwoo's head, "let's watch movies," Minho says taking steps towards Jinwoo's couch, Jinwoo following him, Jinwoo lets go of Minho sitting on the couch and grabbing the remote from the coffee table.

"What should we watch?" Jinwoo asks Minho pulls Jinwoo's head against his shoulder shrugging, "I'll just put it on something then," Jinwoo mutters flipping through the channels a little more before landing on KBS, Minho rubs his hand along Jinwoo's arm mindlessly.

Jinwoo presses himself closer to Minho his mind unable to focus on the movie that sounds almost like white noise in the background of his mind. 


"You said you were going to end it when you saw him again," Seunghoon slams his hand on the corner of Jinwoo's desk making the older flinch his eyes still focusing on the papers Seunghoon had brought to him, "why didn't you?"

"My pride's already gone," Jinwoo says with a heavy sigh his bottom lip quivering, "I love him too much," Jinwoo says with a heavy sigh, "I'll wait for him to make his decision," Jinwoo says with small nod tears blurring his vision.

"Jinwoo, I've never thought of you as pathetic until now," Seunghoon says flatly, "you've always been cool and level headed, why can't you think rationally when it comes to Minho?" Seunghoon says with a sigh brushing his hand through his hair.

Seunghoon doesn't stick around to hear what Jinwoo's going to say next slamming the glass office door behind him. Jinwoo pushes his hair back it sticks in place due to the number of products he has on it, Jinwoo rests his hands on his brow line hunching over his seat taking in a deep breath. Seunghoon is always right in these things but that doesn't make accepting them any easier for Jinwoo. Jinwoo takes in a deep breath picking up his phone before taking confident steps out of his office.

"Come on," Jinwoo grabs Seunghoon's arm pulling him from his desk and towards the hallway, "I'll call him right now, it's easier to end it like this," Jinwoo says shakily the confidence leaving his voice instantly.

"Jinwoo," Seunghoon mutters noticing the deer caught in the headlights look his friend has Seunghoon tries to think of something else to say but he knows it's no use when it comes to Jinwoo.

"Minho," Jinwoo says softly locking his eyes onto Seunghoon's once more, "let's break up," Jinwoo visibly swallows a lump that formed in his throat, "you already know why," Jinwoo mutters lowly finally breaking eye contact with Seunghoon and seemingly realizing the weight of his words, "I'll pack your stuff that's at my apartment, I'll change the password after you get it," Jinwoo crosses one of his arms over his chest his posture confident even though emotionally his confidence never existed.

"Are you going to regret it?" Seunghoon mutters when Jinwoo lets his arm drop limply by his side Jinwoo lets out a dry laugh tilting his head up towards the ceiling.

"I'll just-" Jinwoo cuts himself off with a sigh, "I'll have to build myself back up," Jinwoo mumbles heading back towards his office.

"Why don't you take the rest of the day off?" Seunghoon asks half stepping inside of Jinwoo's office half-afraid of what type of outburst might come from his company superior and friend, "I can manage things here, that is my job after all," Seunghoon says softly.

"It looks bad if the director leaves," Jinwoo mutters flatly looking towards his laptop screen, "you just play around most of the time anyway, how could I trust you with this workload," Jinwoo's eyes flutter away from his screen a small half-smile pulling at his lips.

"Ever since you got promoted from team-leader you've been like this," Seunghoon says with a click of his tongue.

"I'm still team-leader I'm just a director too," Jinwoo mumbles flipping through the papers Seunghoon gave him, "why's Jinhwan being so compliant with us recently?" Jinwoo his head to the side.

"Because he has feelings for you obviously, instead of being stuck on Minho why don't you try seeing-" before Seunghoon can finish his sentence Seungyoon covers his mouth.

"Go back to your desk Manager-nim," Seungyoon says in a sickly-sweet tone glaring at the older, Jinwoo lets out a small laugh, "coffee?" Seungyoon says it like it's a question but he's already sat the coffee on Jinwoo's desk, "did you drive today?" Seungyoon asks Jinwoo nods, "can you give me a ride?" Jinwoo hums nodding.

"Of course, I have to take care of my team's youngest," Jinwoo cooes.