Interview

Ignore [Songkim]

"I'm here to interview Kim Jinwoo," Minho says showing his ID, "it's for another article I'm making, this one won't be painted so negatively," Minho says in hopes of being able to meet with Jinwoo.

"Jinwoo and the rest of the design team went out," the receptionist says calmly.

"Can you tell me where they went?" Minho hesitates with each of his words.

"No, I'm sorry," she says in a faux sweet-tone that is clearly put on, Minho lets out a sigh brushing his hair away from his face.

"Is-" Minho trails off, "-Kim Jinhwan in?" Minho hesitates.

"I can call up and see," the secretary says softly.

"Minho?" Jinwoo's voice cuts through a sigh passing his lips Seunghoon sinks his teeth into his bottom lip, "why are you here?" Jinwoo asks slowly.

"I came for an interview," Minho says softly finding it hard to keep eye contact with Jinwoo.

"I'm here too," an all too familiar voice sounds from behind Jinwoo, "I had to ask the manager where you went because you didn't tell me," Jinhwi cooes grabbing onto Minho's arm only to have him pull away.

"Can you and Jinhwan give me an interview?" Minho asks softly, Jinwoo glances towards his other team members, "I promise to correct the wrongs in my past article between you and designer Kim," Minho rushes.

"Jinhwan will probably appreciate that," Jinwoo says with a sigh walking past Minho, "follow me," Jinwoo says softly moving quickly towards the elevator.

"Jinwoo, you're back," Jinhwan says brightly greeting his superior Jinwoo hums softly smiling towards the younger.

"They want to give us an interview," Jinwoo says hesitantly gesturing towards Minho and Jinhwi, "it's an update to make up for what they did before," Jinwoo explains but Jinhwan's expression still twists into a paranoid one Jinwoo rests his hand on Jinhwan's shoulder and a pang of jealousy shoots through Minho's chest, "don't worry," Jinwoo says softly. 


"Was it hard?" Jinhwan's voice behind Jinwoo makes him jump before he spins around to meet the younger, "I heard you're working over, figured I'd keep you company since I'm finished," Jinhwan says brightly sitting in the chair across from Jinwoo's desk, "Song Minho, he's your ex-boyfriend, the journalist," Jinhwan says softly clasping his hands together nervously on his lap Jinwoo hums.

"I broke up with him though, the interview was easier since I wasn't alone with him and her," Jinwoo admits, "so thank you for agreeing, I know how awkward you get about interviews," Jinwoo says brightly, "I'll buy you dinner sometime to make up for it," Jinwoo says pointing towards Jinhwan with a smile Jinhwan lets out a small laugh nodding.

"Deal," Jinhwan says with a sigh, "still, it must be hard, I remember when I broke up with Junhoe because he used me," Jinhwan trails off, "break-ups are never easy when you still have feelings for them," Jinhwan says with a sigh, "how much work do you have?" Jinhwan asks in an attempt to steer the conversation.

"I need to finish the collaboration presentation," Jinwoo trails off looking at his current progress, "I'm further along than I thought since Seungyoon did the graphs for me," Jinwoo says brightly, "I have to put everything together but I have it all outlined," Jinwoo mutters already typing away on his keyboard.

"How much longer have you been working here, weren't you a manager when I arrived?" Jinhwan asks absent-mindedly Jinwoo hums.

"Manager isn't that high of a position, I was lucky in getting it though, it kick-started me to getting director," Jinwoo says softly, "I've probably been working two years longer than you, since you interned since you were in college," Jinwoo says exasperatedly, "you've always been a good employee," Jinwoo admits.

"Thank you," Jinhwan says shyly turning towards the desk, "it must be nice to have your own office," Jinhwan says with a sigh, Jinwoo lets out a small laugh.

"Your office will be ready eventually team-leader," Jinwoo teases, "it's right across from mine and looks identical," Jinwoo reminds, "it's just the design team-leader's instead of marketing," Jinwoo says with a shrug still working on his presentation, "I wish Seunghoon would've helped more, eventually this will be his office and mine will be that one," Jinwoo gestures towards the heavy black door at the end of the hallway.

"Do you think you'll get the executive position?" Jinhwan mutters cocking his head to the side a small laugh slips past Jinwoo's lips.

"Who's going to try and take it from me, I'm the longest standing high-position employee right now," Jinwoo says with a click of his tongue, "if you got it, I wouldn't be mad though," Jinwoo adds realizing that his only competition would be Jinhwan, "since I know you'd do well," Jinwoo nods to himself scanning through his project before continuing further with it, "I like my position and I can't imagine Seunghoon getting it," Jinwoo says with a laugh that Jinhwan returns.

"It'll be a few years before it comes to that though," Jinhwan says with a sigh, "I don't think Mrs. Park is planning on retiring anytime soon," Jinhwan says with a laugh that mixes with a heavy sigh.

"That hags going to work until the day she dies," Jinwoo mutters, "How's your team's new project going?" Jinwoo asks softly, "we, obviously are still working on this Chinese shopping mall business," Jinwoo grumbles.

"Plaza 66 still giving you problems?" Jinhwan says with a laugh, "maybe the new product line-up will help," Jinhwan sighs, "I'm going to the manufacturing tomorrow to check for updates on the new clothing and shoe line," Jinhwan leans back in his seat, "looks like we both have our work cut out for us," Jinhwan says with a laugh pushing his hair away from his forehead.

"I'm so tired of working," Jinwoo whines, "I really should use my vacation days sometime," Jinwoo mutters stretching his arms over his head, "you probably feel the same way," Jinwoo says with a small laugh.

"Yeah," Jinhwan agrees, "but it's worth it to see the company doing well, it feels nice to have your hard work pay off," Jinhwan says softly.

"Do you need a ride home?" Jinwoo asks noticing the time on the top of his laptop screen, "you usually take the bus and it's definitely too late for that," Jinwoo says with a laugh.

"I live pretty far away," Jinhwan says shyly Jinwoo lets out a small hum, "I can just sleep here," he says with a small laugh Jinwoo stands up hitting Jinhwan's arm.

"Just crash at my apartment tonight," Jinwoo says with a whine, "let's go I'll buy something to eat if anywhere is still open," Jinwoo says with a laugh.