three

detention au

Chanyeol and Baekhyun finished their lunch with Chanyeol’s friends and got up to go to their classes. 
“go ahead, i’ll join u guys later.” chanyeol said and motioned for his friends to leave without him and he turned to Baekhyun with a smile. “i’ll walk you to your class” he said. 

Chanyeol didn’t know why he wanted to do that but something inside of him told him to stick by Baekhyun’s side and not leave him alone. Since Baekhyun started asking him weird questions his mind went wild with thoughts that he didn’t like. He couldn’t help but make up scenarios in his head that brought back awful memories. He really wish he could forget them completely, but he couldn’t. And because he was scared something would happen again, he was gonna make sure to prevent it. Especially if it had to do something with Baekhyun. Baekhyun was so pure, so loving, no one could ruin Baekhyun like they had ruined him.

He stook out his hand for Baekhyun to take and waited until the other accepted it. It may look like a really forward gesture. But the need to protect him was so strong he couldn’t help it. Baekhyun placed his hand in his and started walking towards his class. Students around them were busy getting books out of their lockers, quickly finishing the conversation they had with each other or rushing to the toilet before they couldn’t go anymore. Life 5 minutes before class was always hectic for everyone and no one really payed attention to the two guys walking hand in hand through the hallway. 

 

 

Except for one person, that watched the two from a distance.

 

 

“so, here are you two again” 

Baekhyun jumped at the sudden voice that interrupted their lovely silence and the two turned around. The teacher that watched over them yesterday at detention was standing right in front of them and let me tell you, she looked PISSED. The woman opened again to speak and Baekhyun lowered his head and stared at the ground, ready to get scolded. But when the person next to him started speaking instead, his head perked up. 

“Don’t misunderstand please, Baekhyun was feeling very sick so we had to go outside.” Chanyeol said calmly and looked at Baekhyun. “look at him, doesn’t he still look a bit pale?” Chanyeol smirked at him and Baekhyun nudged him slightly in the ribs. Chanyeol let out a little chuckle and continued his excuse. “i had to bring him home that’s why we left, and we couldn’t tell you because you left us alone miss. Is that even allowed? Just leaving your students without supervision?” Chanyeol said accusingly and the teacher looked a bit taken back. She mumbled something under her breath and straightened her posture.

“he indeed looks a bit pale.” 
The woman said and Chanyeol heard Baekhyun almost hiss at the woman. “let’s just forget about it, you guys already have detention anyways.” She cleared and Chanyeol had to keep in his laughter. The teacher really looked stressed about what he said to her and he was proud he had saved Baekhyun and himself out of this situation. 
“i’ll go then.” she said and quickly turned around and walked away. Baekhyun and Chanyeol watched her disappear around the corner and when she did Chanyeol bursted out in laughing. 

 

 

“did you see her face?! that was hilarious!!” Chanyeol couldn’t contain himself and slapped Baekhyun on the shoulder while laughing. Baekhyun pushed Chanyeol away and looked at him with a pout on his face. “why did you say i look pale? i look fine and healthy today!” He crossed his arms and turned away from Chanyeol. 

He wasn’t really offended by this, he just didn’t want to miss out an opportunity of playing around with Chanyeol. And just like he wanted it, Chanyeol grabbed his shoulder and turned him around to look at him. 
Chanyeol cupped his cheek with one hand and stared in Baekhyun’s eyes. His thumb was brushing over his cheek and it made Baekhyun’s legs feel weak. If he wasn’t in the middle of the school hallway he would have passed out right now.

 

“i was joking, you look beautiful today, like you do everyday.” Chanyeol said and petted his cheek once more before he pulled away. He looked at his watch and widened his eyes. “we are almost late we need to hurry!!” Chanyeol grabbed his hand and ran through the hallway just like they had done yesterday. Baekhyun’s was starting to feel dizzy from all the weird feelings Chanyeol was giving him. He slowly brought his other hand up to the cheek Chanyeol had teacher earlier and a small smile appeared on his face. 
He liked this, a lot.